Forum › Bright and Cheery Amnesia discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

it's not about that it's about the story itself. it started original only to end like ANY cliche stories. it feels like any smelly cliche with the stupid ending "without having children you can't be happy". when that couple until the end, ALMOST managed to show the opposite, it just fall flat with that stupid ending. and i'm not speaking about how forced and out of the blue that felt!

It's not exactly unusual for couples to desire children so this sounds rather like a "you" problem. Or rather, 'problem.'

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

the baby ruined the entire story for me... seriously? why ending it ike a stupid het story?! they where perfect together and author ruined it with a baby?! ... why does everything have to become a desapointment... it started so good. and arisa is now rising her nephew... great ending!

Are homosexual couples not allowed to have children or something? Why is that such a bad thing?

it's not about that it's about the story itself. it started original only to end like ANY cliche stories. it feels like any smelly cliche with the stupid ending "without having children you can't be happy". when that couple until the end, ALMOST managed to show the opposite, it just fall flat with that stupid ending. and i'm not speaking about how forced and out of the blue that felt!

I know, that fucking common-ass cliché where two women have a baby together. Why if I had a nickel for every time I've seen this tired and clichéd plot, I'd have possibly 15 cents! I think.

10 for sure.

Including this one.

?????

joined Apr 29, 2018

the baby ruined the entire story for me... seriously? why ending it ike a stupid het story?! they where perfect together and author ruined it with a baby?! ... why does everything have to become a desapointment... it started so good. and arisa is now rising her nephew... great ending!

Are homosexual couples not allowed to have children or something? Why is that such a bad thing?

I know, that fucking common-ass cliché where two women have a baby together. Why if I had a nickel for every time I've seen this tired and clichéd plot, I'd have possibly 15 cents! I think.

10 for sure.

Including this one.

?????

i don't know where you have been living this entire time but as for me i have seen this ending far TOO MANY times! seeing stories with two women having a child together isn't uncommon anymore. i've seen a LOT of these before. ANd like i said it felt forced and out of nowhere

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 12:05PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

ANd like i said it felt forced and out of nowhere

Doing things out of nowhere is... kind of an Arisa thing ya know. If anything that's just consistent characterisation.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I'm curious where all of these Yuri manga are that end with the couple having a kid together, cause I've read a lot of Yuri manga and this is the only one I can think of that has such an ending.

Also, out of the blue? I could be misremembering since it's admittedly been a while since I've read this in its entirety, but isn't there a chapter where Arisa straight up fantasizes about this exact scenario? Heck, even if there wasn't a chapter with it, wanting a child with Mari fits Arisa's character to a T.

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 12:17PM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

It's not exactly unusual for couples to desire children so this sounds rather like a "you" problem. Or rather, 'problem.'

Let's not go calling it a problem. To be fair, that extra did kind of feel forced on at the end. I kept expecting Arisa to wake up and for it all to turn out to be a dream.

But I also know many non-cis/hetero couples that have or want kids. And having a child as a couple is the exception in yuri, not the rule. So, maybe let the lesbian couples who want kids also have their moment of representation. As Heavensrun said, I can think of two, three tops where an established couple chooses to have a child together, and one of those was autobiographical. If there are others, please point me to them; I'd love to read them!

Bildschirmfoto_2018-08-23_um_21.02.14
joined Jun 13, 2012

I've really really really been enjoying this story a lot! It was a blast starting from the first chapter until the end. I'm so happy for Arisa and Mari and how their journey developed.

I really liked the aspect that the old Arisa is not portrait as completely lost, but rather as a part of the current Arisa. The old Arisa will not come back completely, but some parts of her still reside inside the current Arisa. For me, this is a good symbol of how people change during their lives. You cannot change your past, nor can you prevent it's influence on your current self. You need to find a partner who will love you for the person you've been and the current person you are. And Mari precisely does this. She for some extend longs for the past Arisa, but at the same time grows to love the current Arisa more and more. If that is not a perfect couple, I don't know what is!

Thank you Tamamusi and the translators for providing this wonderful piece of art to us!

joined Apr 29, 2018

If there are others, please point me to them; I'd love to read them!

i've read those kind of stories often on mangarock. or other sites that no longer exist so maybe try mangarock if it still exists. that is where i've read many of those stories. as for me i'll just do as if that stupid extra wasn't canon and never happened. end of story.

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 12:56PM

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

If there are others, please point me to them; I'd love to read them!

i've read those kind of stories often on mangarock. or other sites that no longer exist so maybe try mangarock if it still exists. that is where i've read many of those stories. as for me i'll just do as if that stupid extra wasn't canon and never happened. end of story.

I too wanna see the receipts. Where are these adult yuri mangas ending with them having kids? Name names now please. Cuz I wanna read them.

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 1:15PM

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Ew, the extra kinded ruined it (for me)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yeah no point in discussing such negative take anymore, it will ruin the discussion, let's all just forget that comment and move on, this is actually a great manga.
If people want more stuff with lesbians having a baby, dynasty has a tag called Science babies and there's also magic Babies, too bad is mostly doujins and oneshots, with like 2 or 3 with actual serialized works.

I agree that if Arisa wants something with Mari, nothing will stop her, or else they would've never get that wedding ceremony.

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 1:24PM

Yes_pfp
joined Oct 30, 2021

guys, can y'all show me some manga where two women have a baby together at the end? i have no idea where you're pulling your facts from, but okay.

Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

I think this was really cute. The extra is obviously really condensed but the only thing that stood out to me was that they hadn't come up with a name for the baby yet. Like, is it normal to delay it for long?

joined Apr 29, 2018

guys, can y'all show me some manga where two women have a baby together at the end? i have no idea where you're pulling your facts from, but okay.

there is litterally a serie called "yuri ninshin"! witch mean yuri pregnancy! if you all bothered to actually looking for it you would have found it! I 've found them and i didn't even look for it since it is not my cup of tea but here:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nicomaki_had_a_baby_with_ips_cell_technology

https://dynasty-scans.com/issues/yuri_ninshin_vol_1

https://dynasty-scans.com/issues/yuri_ninshin_vol_2
and there are even more all other the net AND on this very site. you can't tell me this is rare. for obvious reason i won't put them all (there are too much)

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 1:40PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

DivineAlexandra posted:

I think this was really cute. The extra is obviously really condensed but the only thing that stood out to me was that they hadn't come up with a name for the baby yet. Like, is it normal to delay it for long?

That's true, I don't know the details of course but I thought you were supposed to name it in the clinic right away.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

there is litterally a serie called "yuri ninshin"! witch mean yuri pregnancy! if you all bothered to actually looking for it you would have found it! I 've found them and i didn't even look for it since it is not my cup of tea but here:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nicomaki_had_a_baby_with_ips_cell_technology

https://dynasty-scans.com/issues/yuri_ninshin_vol_1

https://dynasty-scans.com/issues/yuri_ninshin_vol_2
and there are even more all other the net AND on this very site. you can't tell me this is rare.

There are slightly more than three pages worth of chapters with the Science Baby tag.

On this website with over a thousand pages worth of manga chapters and whatnot, I'd call that pretty damn rare.

joined Apr 29, 2018

DivineAlexandra posted:

That's true, I don't know the details of course but I thought you were supposed to name it in the clinic right away.

no you can have a delay. i think it's within one week or so.

joined Apr 29, 2018

There are slightly more than three pages worth of chapters with the Science Baby tag.

On this website with over a thousand pages worth of manga chapters and whatnot, I'd call that pretty damn rare.

you 're completly averting your eyes here! you wanted manga with "two woman getting children together" i got you some and there are many others. now if you want a thousand page serie and more that's on you. but the theme exist in quantity. (i don't knw about quality though)

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 1:46PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

ypassionnate posted:

you 're completly averting your eyes here! you wanted manga with "two woman getting children together" i got you some and there are many others. now if you want a thousand page serie and more that's on you.

You need to stop.

Unless there's a more constructive conversation to be had, further posts along this topic may be removed. Other actions may be taken. Thank you for your understanding.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I really like this ending! I think having a kid is consistent with Arisa’s wants and shows a realistic, undramatic solution to the question of how to do it.

Also the conclusion with old Arisa reminds me of the video game Soma, except that Arisa is too positive to succumb to existential dread lol

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Joddascus posted:

I really like this ending! I think having a kid is consistent with Arisa’s wants and shows a realistic, undramatic solution to the question of how to do it.

Also the conclusion with old Arisa reminds me of the video game Soma, except that Arisa is too positive to succumb to existential dread lol

I think there's nothing to fear honestly, after all, old Arisa is just the Arisa right now + years of experience that were forgotten, that's why the old Arisa was gone, she couldn't remember, but if she remembers all her past, the present days when she had amnesia won't disappear, they will just merge together.

The dream is ominous because it makes it sound like they were two people who grew separated xP but as long as she remembers these days, the "new" Arisa won't disappear.

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 2:30PM

Istockphoto-615619820-170667a%20-%20copy
joined Nov 1, 2021

This was such a good read <3 i loved it

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

It reminds me a lot of the play in Bloom Into You.

joined Oct 2, 2021

Glad bag and a turkey baster.
Science.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

My only complaint is that the extra bit really should have been its own full chapter. We needed some scenes of pregnant Mari being doted on and then some nice family scenes afterwards.

To reply you must either login or sign up.