Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

How old are these actors? They all look like children.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yasako posted:

is it just me or is dynasty starting to chug from excessive traffic again

Yeah, we're somehow gonna break last year's records for summer...Will eventually have some serious (good) news about managing that now & into the future. Don't think we were totally prepared for so many folks to stick around!

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

How old are these actors? They all look like children.

You mean the GAP cast? They are all very young, yeah, but they are not children. Take the two mcs: Freen Sarocha who plays Khun Sam is 23, and Becky Armstrong who plays Mon is 19.

I guess for our Western sensibilities this can feel strange since we are (in)famous for casting middle aged people in pretty much every role, no matter how young the character... even in teen movies & shows it happens sometimes that the youngest actor among those who play the teens is 30.

In Asia it's often the other way around. In the novel, Sam is 29 and Mon is 24... and they purposefully picked two girls much younger to play them!

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

It's time to send invitations for the wedding of KIRK & SAM!

Yeaaaaaah... okay.

I'm guessing that the teaching of the English language in Thai schools is about as good and efficacious as it is in Japanese schools, lmao.

last edited at Jul 15, 2022 11:42AM

joined Apr 6, 2019

I don't know how many of you will be interested in knowing this, but new chapters of Ichigo Mashimaro have been recently published. Yep, after a very long hiatus, Barasui is at work again. The new chapters have been translated and you can read them online here:

https://mangadex.org/title/840ebe1f-d1a5-4205-9dd0-58124bdda8f7/ichigo-mashimaro

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

An Actual Yuri game with Samurai girls and ninjas???? YOO!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68d0mBcdKyM

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Welp, I move into my College dorm today several hours from now. Classes start 3 days from now so I got 2 days to get settled in and properly know my way around campus so.

Madokami pls be merciful on me for these next 4 years.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Good luck.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Good luck! I'm about to travel back to the college as well. You'll be fine! Relax, don't get distracted by boobies and you'll pass your classes.
If you DO get distracted...try to keep it in moderation.

An Actual Yuri game with Samurai girls and ninjas???? YOO!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68d0mBcdKyM

Actually poggers
Speaking of which, anything on the Senran x Nep game? I also wonder if that new Senran game is actually ever coming out.

last edited at Aug 19, 2022 6:22AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Rye posted:

Good luck! I'm about to travel back to the college as well. You'll be fine! Relax, don't get distracted by boobies and you'll pass your classes.
If you DO get distracted...try to keep it in moderation.

Actually poggers
Speaking of which, anything on the Senran x Nep game? I also wonder if that new Senran game is actually ever coming out.

It's already out in Steam, Neptunia x Senran, not sure how good it is but I mean, it's a Neptunia game, you know what to expect XP I'm more curious about the new sister game and Nepgear x Uni stuff included.

Speaking of Yuri, weird thing that happened, not gonna share details of what I'm drawing right now but I noticed twice already that if you post something in patreon and include the word "yuri" in your post description, the website gives you a red pop up warning that it's really bad and that if you DARE to post whatever it is you're doing, someone it's going to come and review your account to see if it's safe and not showing any underage character.

But you can say fuck, naked, sex, nsfw or whatever and that's okay? (of course you have to set your account content to adult first, but even with this configuration, the word yuri is dangerous) so is like, they associate the word yuri with loli stuff... And I find that quite strange.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Didn't Patreon (and by extension PayPal) once declare that any anime/manga style characters would be considered underage?

Since "Yuri" is pretty much exclusively used for works in that style (novels notwithstanding), that was my first association in this case, though Nevri's probably right with regards to LGBT+ stuff being considered "AO".

last edited at Aug 26, 2022 9:04AM

joined Aug 29, 2019

Zormau posted:

Didn't Patreon (and by extension PayPal) once declare that any anime/manga style characters would be considered underage?

Never heard of it, but if they indeed said so, then it's retarded af.

I think I may have misremembered that. Digging around a bit I found references that it "merely" applied to sexualized depictions of suspected underage characters, which to be fair would basically be the majority of anime/manga characters.

So no loli lewds and no school girl lewds I guess.

last edited at Aug 26, 2022 9:42AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Indeed it has an issue with manga style because the size of eyes of anatomy so if a person comes to review it, it's entirely arbitrary if they decide to shut down your account.

On a lighter note, I found a new manga from Jump + ! It's super fun, about an otaku exorcist girl and her gal friend... They deal with very otaku related ghosts lol, and yup the protagonists are girls but I'm repeating mantras in my mind like "it's not yuri, it's not yuri, it's not yuri, it's not yuri" to try and enjoy the comedy with open mind and relaxed lol

Ghostbuster Osamu, Link to read the ch 1 and 2 officially https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100204
I also recommend reading Ruri the dragon, Magilumiere Co and It's time for Torture.

One part I loved

joined Aug 29, 2019

I just had a thought. Is there a Harem manga and/or anime wherein the main character is not the center of the harem, but a part of it instead? (Het, Yuri, Yaoi, doesn't matter)

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

Off the top of my head Scummy Gap Student might count toward that. Such a story would have to be quite focused on the competition aspects.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Sigh...this semester has been really boring! Well except for Friday, I guess? I had a Shawn of the dead moment and went outside during a "situation" lmao, I'm ok tho.
I need to set aside some time to watch anime again. There's a lots of stuff pilling up now.

joined Apr 6, 2019

Confirmed GAP the tv series for november.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Feels weird to ask about this particular series on Dynasty, but it's kinda the only Manga/Anime/LN forum I'm involved with...
What English version of Mushoku Tensei / Jobless Reincarnation would be the best to read? The official Seven Seas one? Did they iron out the glaring censorious, character- and plot-altering changes they made at first and republish? If not, is there a specific fan translation I should seek out? (no, I'm not asking for a link to a pirate site, obviously)

Also and more relevant to Dynasty because subtext: Bofuri Season 2 hype.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Square enix teasing new yuri https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocJLbXVO_Jk

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

So...Hapi x Constance was one of the few platonic A rank supports in 3H irrc, their A rank in 3 hopes is just them flirting like it's some kind of yuri manga lmao. It's not the only one either, there's some yuri here even without the romance endings, feels like Hilda is trying to build a harem by flirting with all the cute girls lol. Now has an A ran with Lysithea and goes full sister complex on her. On her B with Leonie, they get embarrassed about "mixing their aromas", similar to 3H with Marianne, they pretty much call each other the most "important person". Gay
It seems like there's variations to supports depending on the route? I started with Golden deer again, I think I'll go blue then red. Kind of annoyed you have to skip Byleth after clearing a run where you successfully recruited them for an extra paralogue, it's very counter intuitive and I'm glad I spoiled myself with that while looking at the other paralogue conditions.

I'm surprised how well they translated everyone to musou style. Like how Leonie still kicks major ass and Raphael still kinda sucks ass.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Heartbreaking news for Love live fans as one of the talents steps out for health reasons https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-11-01/tomori-kusunoki-steps-down-from-love-live-nijigasaki-high-school-idol-club-role-due-to-health/.191456 I consider her one of the pillars of the group so it's really sad, I'm glad she managed to enjoy her role a lot, including 2 whole anime seasons

last edited at Nov 1, 2022 2:51PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Available for preorder now! Go buy!
For context for those who don't feel like clicking:
Girls kiss to power up. VD spiritual successor? They don't turn in to weapons tho.

last edited at Nov 6, 2022 4:23AM

joined Apr 6, 2019

They say GAP the tv series will start airing at the end of the year. In the meanwhile, I found a new trailer. It's much longer than the previous ones, which were only 30 seconds long; this one is seven minutes and a half.

GAP The Series - Long trailer

Interesting how they tweaked some details of the plotline. In the novel there's a huge cast of girls most of whom are bisexuals, some are lesbians and a few are het. In the tv series, it would seem they decided to make every girl gay, lol. They even released a poster named THE COUPLES showing the main cast cleanly separated in five f/f couples:

Gap TV couples poster

(The two guys sitting in the middle are Kirk and Nop, the doomed suitors of the two lead ladies. Looking at the faces they are making, I guess they just realized no girl in the universe want their asses and they'll have to resign themselves to date each other...)

We finally have a definite date. Was about time, too!

Ep.1 will air in Thailand on Saturday November 19. After airing, it will be uploaded on Idolfactory official Youtube channel. There will be a new episode every Saturday.

https://www.newsdirectory3.com/idol-factory-is-ready-to-take-everyone-to-open-a-new-world-of-love-with-pink-theory-gap-the-series-19-nov-channel-maya/

(The above article is machine-translated, pay no attention to small incoherences.)

last edited at Nov 10, 2022 11:35AM

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

They say GAP the tv series will start airing at the end of the year. In the meanwhile, I found a new trailer. It's much longer than the previous ones, which were only 30 seconds long; this one is seven minutes and a half.

GAP The Series - Long trailer

Interesting how they tweaked some details of the plotline. In the novel there's a huge cast of girls most of whom are bisexuals, some are lesbians and a few are het. In the tv series, it would seem they decided to make every girl gay, lol. They even released a poster named THE COUPLES showing the main cast cleanly separated in five f/f couples:

Gap TV couples poster

(The two guys sitting in the middle are Kirk and Nop, the doomed suitors of the two lead ladies. Looking at the faces they are making, I guess they just realized no girl in the universe want their asses and they'll have to resign themselves to date each other...)

We finally have a definite date. Was about time, too!

Ep.1 will air in Thailand on Saturday November 19. After airing, it will be uploaded on Idolfactory official Youtube channel. There will be a new episode every Saturday.

English subtitles?

joined Apr 6, 2019

Most certainly. There are many Thai series hosted in that channel, all have English subs.

To reply you must either login or sign up.