Forum › Yuzumori-san discussion

Photo
joined Sep 4, 2016

amazing as usual.

Fb_img_1527421130856
joined Jun 18, 2015

Pag 6 & 7 the yuzumori's face give me a vibe that she feels a bit uncomfortable with shi around, maybe a bit jealous that mimika holds shi arm

joined Dec 11, 2014

I thought that the comments section and the manga both would eventually drive me away but I've just read both (alongside each other by time) and it's all very interesting.
I... don't really have anything to contribute at the moment that hasn't already been stated. But this was a fantastic chapter and I can't wait to see how the story in general continues. Also in particular how Shi-chan attempts to recover from the huuuge fumble she just made.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

To me it just seemed Yuzu was miffed that Shi was bragging about how she was the closest to Mimika. Mimika is her new important friend - she doesn't have many / any close friends a school and is often alone at home so I think it makes sense she would be possessive of her. Whether there is any romantic side to it from her isn't clearer from this - because I think she would have acted the same way whether there is or isn't.

And I agree Shi took totally the wrong approach - depending on her goals. I don't think she is interested in Mimika either - she just seemed in ch8 to kinda be a bit pissed that her friend is so occupied by yuzu and wanted to put her in her place and assert her best friend status.

last edited at Oct 31, 2016 8:09AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I think Shi is just probing Yuzumori and thus provoked her that way intentionnally to see how she'd react, probably trying to figure out just how much do that little girl care for that new friend she made.

If Yuzumori was just "good for you" with no trace of annoyance or jealousy at this obvious taunt, it could mean that she has some ulterior motive to let Mimika hang around her.

Relax
joined Sep 7, 2016

I get the vibe that Shi is gonna wake up in a dark place someday.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yuzumori gives out the feeling of a yandere now. Run for your life, Shi!

last edited at Oct 31, 2016 1:50PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I think Shi is just probing Yuzumori and thus provoked her that way intentionnally to see how she'd react, probably trying to figure out just how much do that little girl care for that new friend she made.

Probs cus Yuzumori's first comment was ambiguously passive aggressive and Shi-chan was like "??? Did she just...?"
I don't think Shi-chan planned on really saying anything to her at all, just maybe observing and figuring out what kind of kid Mimika seems so taken by, but Yuzumori's comment alerted her, and out of curiosity and/or fun, decided that it was a good chance to poke at her a bit to figure that/her out

If Yuzumori was just "good for you" with no trace of annoyance or jealousy at this obvious taunt, it could mean that she has some ulterior motive to let Mimika hang around her.

It's only a taunt if Shi-chan's closeness to Mimika actually bothered Yuzumori, which Shi-chan wasn't sure about and wanted to find out.
I feel like, if it hadn't bothered Yuzumori (like, if she wasn't really jealous), she would've answered something like that too ("good for you"/"how nice" or something)
I feel like the main 3 ways she could've reacted was really:
Bothered: "Mhm, how nice" (faking it)
Bothered: Visibly annoyed (more direct confrontation)
Not bothered: "How nice." or "??? Ok?" (doesn't notice, or confused at Shi-chan's tone/tryhard bragging)

Btw, why is it considered that Shi-chan fucked up? I just don't think it really mattered, how it went, what Yuzumori thinks of her. I mean, it's not like she was trying to get on her good side, with those comments.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Faust posted:
Btw, why is it considered that Shi-chan fucked up? I just don't think it really mattered, how it went, what Yuzumori thinks of her. I mean, it's not like she was trying to get on her good side, with those comments.

Because Shi's behavior, claiming she knows Mimika better than Yuzumori, is childish. She was childish in front of a 10 year old. She loses.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Because Shi's behavior, claiming she knows Mimika better than Yuzumori, is childish. She was childish in front of a 10 year old. She loses.

Only if she's actually competing with Yuzumori here and not just poking at her to see how much she care about Mimika. And her thoughts prior to her bragging implied that it's exactly what she's doing there, so if anything, I'd consider her getting a reaction out of Yuzumori is what she was after.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Chantelune posted:

Only if she's actually competing with Yuzumori here and not just poking at her to see how much she care about Mimika. And her thoughts prior to her bragging implied that it's exactly what she's doing there, so if anything, I'd consider her getting a reaction out of Yuzumori is what she was after.

Does this look likes the face of someone not competing ?

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Only if you forget the speech all before and at the time that reads "mmh, not sure if she's being passive agressive or not just now, let's try and find out", so more that competing, yeah, she's trying to figure out what Yuzumori is doing there and enjoying it.

Haruna
joined Nov 1, 2016

Shi-chan said that she alway by mimika's side when she in troble and need some help. But in ep1 when mimika lost her purse she hasn't been there to help her like she said al all. I think that why yuzumori said something like that.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

That's the face of a true.....EVIL!!!!

joined Sep 21, 2014

I still don't see why it was a fuck up, she got a reaction after all. She baited Yuzumori, and confirmed that she's indeed pretty salty. It wasn't subtle, but it's not like Yuzumori has the social experience to go about a "better way", so it doesn't really matter if Shi-chan was obvious about it. She treated her as a 'rival' to get a reaction out of her, and well she did.
Shi-chan is far from being jealous of the fact Mimika befriending a grade schooler and being genuinely competitive

Shi-chan said that she alway by mimika's side when she in troble and need some help. But in ep1 when mimika lost her purse she hasn't been there to help her like she said al all. I think that why yuzumori said something like that.

She couldn't have known that Shi-chan didn't bother to help, nor can you really expect someone to be there for you for every single thing ever

joined Feb 15, 2013

Jealous loli is jealous

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

oh SHIT

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I DON'T LIKE YOU.

omg the best.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Crap...

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

The tease! ;o;

joined Sep 21, 2014

I feel like, for her birthday, Mimika will see Yuzumori wearing x cute outfit or something. She always says "thank you very much!" after seeing Yuzumori look nice in something
I imagine costumers leaving with these goods, looking content, and clerks looking concerned, shaking their heads

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Ah man! Stop hyping me!!!

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Matter of perspective. Being childishly catty and bitchy just for the sake of poking someone to get information is at least as unworthy as doing it out of genuine jealousy.

(And in this case probably more self-deceptive. She can tell herself that's the only reason she's acting out like that, but I have my doubts--seemed like she let it get a bit out of hand for a probe. Why does she need the information so bad anyway? Cuz she's jealous.)

joined Mar 6, 2015

"What if Yuzumori-san is older?"
oh wow I wanna read that bonus XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.