Forum › Yuzumori-san discussion

Screenshot_2016-11-14-13-53-17(2)
joined Feb 7, 2014

Feeling like a pedo ⁄(⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)⁄

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Going to spoiler tag this just in case... regarding chapter 10.

So I know Yuzumori-san was blushing for a bit here, but I'm not convinced she loves Mimika romantically. I feel like the last line should say "like" instead of "love", but it also comes down to how you interpret the scene, because I can accept that Mimika's 「好き」 means "love" rather than "like" since we know she's been building up romantic feelings for her. However, we can't be 100% sure that Yuzumori's jealousy is out of those same romantic feelings or not. She could merely dislike the idea that Mimika has other friends she is closer with than Yuzumori. It's not uncommon, and definitely plausible because Yuzumori is so young and also has no other friends.

Although I've been in support of Mimika's love up until now (I mean, only because it's a work of fiction), now it's coming down to what Yuzumori, a 9-10 year old, knows about romantic feelings towards another person.

Well, we know hardly anything about Yuzumori's actual feelings and intentions are. But as to what she knows about romantic feelings, we can be fairly sure she has a grasp of the theory. She spends tons of time reading teen fashion mags, which can be expected to obsess over that stuff.

Akari-daisuki
joined Dec 19, 2015

a cute jealous loli will never tell you she likes you

Why even live?

20200809_174305
joined Jan 31, 2013

I just grinned in public
Now strangers think I'm a creep

joined Jun 30, 2015

"Yuzumori is Lolita" confirmed.

Soulless Watcher
Maxresdefault
joined Apr 25, 2016

I bet the next chapter involves jail..... for obvious reasons.

joined Mar 6, 2015

She did it! She broke Mimika!

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I'm gonna be a bit nitpicky with the translations here.

So I don't know why the fourth panel on the first page (where Shiori just says "...") is like that. She actually says 「満足したんで」, which is basically like "I'm already satisfied" (as in she finished what she set out to do) in response to Mimika, who asked if she was going home.

The first thinking bubble on page two should roughly say something like "Shii-chan seemed to be in a good mood" (「しーちゃん...... なんか機嫌よさげだったな」) rather than stop just at "Shii-chan."

Deleted the top two edits because it seems that Ejima Eri changed the text in the original, which means that the current translation is correct.

The third bubble on page three should say something more like "Somehow, she looks kind of upset...?" (「なんだかご立腹でいらっしゃる...?」) rather than "Why is she so upset...?" While this one might seem like a minor change, I personally prefer this because the original text doesn't sound like Mimika is automatically assuming that Yuzumori-san is angry.

Page four, here's what I think would've been more accurate:

Bubble #1: Even though you say you have lots of fun when you're with me... 「私といるとすごく楽しいって言ったのに、」
Bubble #2: It seems like you have more fun when you're around that girl. 「あの人といるほうが楽しそうだよね。」

Besides the accuracy, I think the above translation is less awkward sounding (rather than the current text, which uses "have" twice really close together in the same sentence) and Yuzumori's words are more general as opposed to being super specific.

Page seven, second panel, after Mimika thinks "Huh... what is this?", Mimika actually says she wants to get closer to Yuzumori little by little instead of her saying she wants to get to know her more. 「これからゆっくり少しずつ仲良くなれたら...」It's a minor change though.

Page twelve, last speech bubble - it should say "So I want to get to know you better," but again, a minor detail.

My translations may be a bit rough and nitpicky, so keep that in mind.

Well, we know hardly anything about Yuzumori's actual feelings and intentions are. But as to what she knows about romantic feelings, we can be fairly sure she has a grasp of the theory. She spends tons of time reading teen fashion mags, which can be expected to obsess over that stuff.

My post was actually referring to a Pastebin link of a translation that was posted earlier. Yuzumori-san said "Mimika, I love you" instead of "like", so I wanted to argue that Yuzumori-san's words don't necessarily mean "love" based on the Japanese text.

last edited at Nov 24, 2016 10:50PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Not sure that was a confession like a lot of people seem to think. It might well be but it could equally just be taken at face value and she means 'like' in a none romantic sense, so I will hold off thinking either till it is clarified.

joined May 17, 2016

Y'know, usually Lolicon really isn't my thing, but damn if these two haven't captured my heart.

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

Looking at the original text, it uses 好き. Looking up it's meaning, it could go either way, either Love or like in a non romantic sense. The thing to note though is that on page 11, Mimika uses the same word, even though it's pretty obvious she loves her...guess we are just gonna have to wait and see.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Pretty intense chapter!

Was really excited when i saw the update. Never in my life i was this excited to see a yuri manga updated.

But the ending....

last edited at Nov 24, 2016 10:16PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Looking at the original text, it uses 好き. Looking up it's meaning, it could go either way, either Love or like in a non romantic sense. The thing to note though is that on page 11, Mimika uses the same word, even though it's pretty obvious she loves her...guess we are just gonna have to wait and see.

Yep, and that's probably why Ejima decided she wanted the chapter to end right there, LOL.

%20%c3%93%c3%83%c2%a4
joined Feb 24, 2016

PLEASE NO I want to read more right now;----; Yuzu-chan is so freaking cute

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

That's it... I'm dead, killed... pepsi... I'm RIP'd
My heart exploded

11_spq78
joined Jul 24, 2014

So this the last chapter right? like, there is no way Mimika doesn't die after the massive nosebleed she will have after, Yuzomori-san actually expressed somo vague leve of affection......

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Yesssssssssssssh if the Loli starts it then I aprove!!

joined Feb 15, 2013

Wow, the jealous loli don't joke around. She actually go for the kill

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

fenrirex posted:

So this the last chapter right? like, there is no way Mimika doesn't die after the massive nosebleed she will have after, Yuzomori-san actually expressed somo vague leve of affection......

Yeah I bet she's ded... Or in coma, next chapter will the dramatic twist about Yuzumori growing old at her side in the hospital, waiting for her to wake up.

11_spq78
joined Jul 24, 2014

fenrirex posted:

Serenata posted:
Yeah I bet she's ded... Or in coma, next chapter will the dramatic twist about Yuzumori growing old at her side in the hospital, waiting for her to wake up.

correction then, is the SECOND LAST.

last edited at Nov 24, 2016 11:30PM

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

She did say she'll break off the "friendship" if Mimika is lying so maybe she means like in a platonic way? Or like a crush on a senpai. I cannot imagine anything romantic unless it ends up like Hoshikawa Ginza District 4

joined Mar 11, 2016

Damnit, why this manga makes me go wild (with happiness)?! xD

Ejima-sensei sure knows how to keep us interested. Did Shi-chan unknowingly helped Mimika there? I think she sure did. :D

It was a feast to see Yuzumori blushing and being jealous. :p

I hope it is not like this in the next chap: I like you . . . as a puppy. xD

Also I think we got owned by Ejima-sensei here; especially the "this is creepy" squad. ;)

last edited at Nov 25, 2016 12:49AM

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

I am mostly positive Yuzumori-san meant friendship (though I don't mind at all being proven wrong in the future, in fact I maybe wishing for it), but this could very well be the event that triggers Mimika's final form.

last edited at Nov 25, 2016 1:37AM

1078647%20-%20copy
joined Apr 9, 2015

I hope the like is in romantic way, but I don't mind either way. This series is too cute.

Ithink%20small
joined Aug 13, 2015

This story is cute! I am thankful this chapter came out today (thanksgiving day) XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.