Forum › Yuzumori-san discussion

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011
Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

I thought I was clear when I said that I want them to be together as much as anyone her. The fact that we're willing to engage in this commentary is a sign that we are in fact emotionally involved with this and find it worth of discussion. The reason this somehow turned into a "this is illegal" dialog was precisely because many in the comments insisted it was not. Now, if people like Nezchan, Nidienne and me finding worth of discussion the why Mimika's mental turmoil is important and worth of discussion somehow translates to you as if we hate what's going on, then rest assured. We want this to end in a cute and funny note as much as you do.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I thought I was clear when I said that I want them to be together as much as anyone her. The fact that we're willing to engage in this commentary is a sign that we are in fact emotionally involved with this and find it worth of discussion. The reason this somehow turned into a "this is illegal" dialog was precisely because many in the comments insisted it was not.

Not to mention, the story itself highlights that fact. I mean the fact that it's considered Super Bad is part of the plot itself.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

@benja

I think the main reason the discussion is coming up is because how the manga itself is making our main character question herself and her inclinations. The story itself isn't going "magical yuri fun time no worries about the agegap~!" - Mimika herself is conflicted about things, so readers also start thinking about the conflict. Idk if that's a really poor way of describing it, but I tried. aha.

yeah and thats why im reading it i find funny and interesting how mimika fight againts her impulses and her reactions are funny besides the way the manga is showing the loli theme is interesting i enjoy reading it and discuss about it im having fun with it and its cool if you dont like and you wanna argue about it but man when the thread is 22 pages of the same discussion it becomes annoying mostly because we alredy reach conclusions
1pedophile is ilegal wrong and should be punish
2 the relation betwen yuzu and mimi isnt wrong is wrong the way mimi looks at yuzu
3mimi is aware of point 2 (that doesnt justifie her but make the manga interesting bout her inner conflict ) and tries to hold back
4 mimi hasnt put a finger on yuzu so any ilegal setting is on her head
so please people what if we argue about something else

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

auikimaya posted:

it's creepy because, even if Yuzu were to take Mimika's advances and accept them, she's not yet on the point of her life to reach an understanding of what's going on.

Again with this "magical age" apparently every human has to reach before suddenly understanding everything that comes with romantic/sexual feelings. I don't wanna complain too much though, it just bugs me how often the argument gets used. :/

Seriously though, at the age Yuzu is at her brain literally hasn't even fully formed yet, particularly the prefrontal cortex which covers decision making and impulse control, and she wouldn't have gone through puberty either. She's the very definition of unable to give informed consent. In terms of cognitive ability, the "magical age" of 18 is actually rounding down.

I feel like this argument works against you here since it underlines how arbitrary the cutoff points societies have chosen are. As you say even 18 is "rounding down" development wise. The brain, and specifically the prefrontal cortex doesn't finish developing until the mid to late 20s. So why do I not see campaigns to raise the age of consent to 25?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

auikimaya posted:

it's creepy because, even if Yuzu were to take Mimika's advances and accept them, she's not yet on the point of her life to reach an understanding of what's going on.

Again with this "magical age" apparently every human has to reach before suddenly understanding everything that comes with romantic/sexual feelings. I don't wanna complain too much though, it just bugs me how often the argument gets used. :/

Seriously though, at the age Yuzu is at her brain literally hasn't even fully formed yet, particularly the prefrontal cortex which covers decision making and impulse control, and she wouldn't have gone through puberty either. She's the very definition of unable to give informed consent. In terms of cognitive ability, the "magical age" of 18 is actually rounding down.

I feel like this argument works against you here since it underlines how arbitrary the cutoff points societies have chosen are. As you say even 18 is "rounding down" development wise. The brain, and specifically the prefrontal cortex doesn't finish developing until the mid to late 20s. So why do I not see campaigns to raise the age of consent to 25?

Because tradition pulls the other way, the same traditions which once had the age set at 14 or so, and I guarantee that those rules weren't made with the children't best interests in mind. 18 or 19 or so is a compromise between various interests, and by about 18 or so they look like adults so it's hard to really sell the idea of any higher. As I recall, in the US in many areas the drinking age used to be (still is?) 21, so that falls in line. But in any case, by 18/19 they're close enough to the end of development that there's less change happening during the "home stretch", so to speak than the more dramatic changes during the period of say, 12 to 18, which is relevant here.

In any case, I don't think the "arbitrary age" complaint is really going to get you far when trying to justify "loli" stuff. I can see it if you were talking about say, Pure Water Adolescence, where the character involved is sitting right on that border line, or the student-teacher relationship in Hanjuku Joshi. But when you're talking about Yuzu in this story, it's a bridge too far.

Tumblr_naq5w3cgrf1sbltxmo1_500
joined Jun 27, 2016

This would've been cute if it weren't for the fact that Yuzumori is a tiny child

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Wow that was soo much better than the 0.3
Can't say much about the development, we only got know a little more about Yuzu's life

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

This would've been cute if it weren't for the fact that Yuzumori is a tiny child

I still think it's cute, and think it was a very sweet and caring gesture, of Yuzumori-san.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

It's like that trope where two people go do something scary, then one of them gets really scared and the other comforts the on that got scared and they bond.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

in some ways it reminds me of Hoshikawa Ginza District 4 but with a more immature older female lead and more mature younger female lead, well, from what I can see anyway.

Actually, the grade schooler in that series was the one to look after the sensei, in a way. Like yeah as an adult the teacher did her part, but when it came to their home life, Otome practically took care of her. Otome was very mature and independent for her age, she was maybe a year or two older than Yuzumori-san at the beginning.
I think both series are similar in that dynamic, the older one wanting to be responsible and 'act the part', but ofc everyone has weakness, and it's no shame to receive help from time to time, and to rely on somebody.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

In a lot of all-girl slice-of-lifes, yuri, subtext, romantic friendship, etc. there's often an "act like a proper Onee-san" contest going on. But I believe here we have found our winner. Worst. Onee-san. Ever. The poor thing.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Mayjaplaya posted:

It's like that trope where two people go do something scary, then one of them gets really scared and the other comforts the on that got scared and they bond.

It's Yuzumori feeling more bonded? that's my concern... We see Mimika falling more and more in love but maybe Yuzu is just spending time with her out of boredom, maybe she is thinking "Spending time with a high schooler should be more entertaining than the boring games of my classmates" I think she was about to deny this and say "I like spending time with you" but the rain got in the way.

We only get to see what Mimika is thinking and that's frustrating

Akari-daisuki
joined Dec 19, 2015

I just can't stop the doki-doki in my heart. So damn cute!

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

I like it when T-shirts become dresses but I'm feeling conflicted now.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

The legal and ethical topics are being discussed here, even though very few dynasty readers are TV-Tropes style witch-hunting prudes, because, as people said above, that's literally what this manga is about. It's not Kodomo no Jikan. It's about a teenager inappropriately obsessively attracted to a specific elementary school girl. I think Japan is more lenient legally if it's a teenager not of legal age doing it, and probably more lenient if the older one is a girl, But either way it would be a huge disgrace and she would be a notorious weirdo and would, at the very least, probably have to move out of town or become a hikkikomori.Remember the cousin in Aoi Hana? She didn't at the time she did things with Fumi have much of a conscience, and if this girl didn't have one, it'd be a very different story. She's actually in a bind: she wants to keep her options open, but if she said something like oh, we shouldn't hang out for ... how old are you now? 10? umm 6 years. Then we should hang out all the time. I don't think Yuzumori-san would see that as sane. So instead she has to keep their friendship going (assuming she's obsessively into the little girl). And yet not do anything wrong. It's definitely not just another 2-girl friendship drama. The protagonist seems to have arrested development, but honestly, if you knew her, your first piece of advice would be try getting a girlfriend your age.Yuzumori-san is a sample of one.

%20%c3%93%c3%83%c2%a4
joined Feb 24, 2016

omg this is so cute, I don't mind the lolicon bc the yuzumori's behaviour is like a 15 years old, even more mature than me

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Lol /u/ is comparing us to tumblr again, like come on guys you have better insults and you know damn well nobody on here is tumblr levels of dumb.

I really dont get the surge in "we must defend this" for this manga

last edited at Sep 21, 2016 10:36PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

in some ways it reminds me of Hoshikawa Ginza District 4 but with a more immature older female lead and more mature younger female lead, well, from what I can see anyway.

That's true, it's basically Hoshikawa combined with Shinozaki-san, what with the freakouts and the other girl's obliviousness and all. But as Marion Diabolito points out, the fact that it's a serious taboo is literally the plot and why she freaks out in the first place. Because if she acts on her rampaging desires even once, everything falls apart, and on the meta level it stops being a goofy comedy. So there's a tension there I don't think I've ever seen in a manga before which is really interesting to see. That's probably why I didn't know what to make of the series at first.

joined Jan 22, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuzumori_san_ch07#9

Magic towel

Edit: My bad turns out it was actually a blanket all along.

last edited at Sep 21, 2016 11:11PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuzumori_san_ch07#9

Magic towel

Edit: My bad turns out it was actually a blanket all along.

I like the first idea better.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Lol /u/ is comparing us to tumblr again, like come on guys you have better insults and you know damn well nobody on here is tumblr levels of dumb.

I don't even want to think about the Tumblr discussions on this, considering the articles that have been coming out over the past year trying to make the crimes of certain people seem like less of a problem.

I'm getting a similar enjoyment from this as I get from Happy Sugar Life with the creepiness, but the comedic atmosphere makes it fun in a different way. As someone else already said, it builds a lot of tension even though it's not using any kind of horror.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ah, let 'em grouse. We're largely people who like to think about what we read and have a big ol' discussion about it, not a thing wrong with that.

Adeptus%20machanicus
joined Mar 7, 2014

When did we do this? I don't remember that thread.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

its probably in the yuzumori thread. gotta do something in between re-runs of Complain About Yuri Hime, you know?

To reply you must either login or sign up.