Forum › Dear Flowers That Bloom in Days of Yore discussion

Thomasina Pontier
342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

I'm a little confused on this chapter.

Kuroko-railgun
joined Jul 21, 2024

I love how many side stories we’re getting of students from the school.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, that was lovely. ^_^

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

I thought the girl on the magazine looked like the girl being led by the hand at the end of 14.1
I wonder what happened to them. My guess is that Mai confessed, but Yamabe pushed back. Maybe she was worried Mai was going to be dependant on her, or maybe it was some internalized "girls can't love girls" thing, maybe a mix of both and/or something else.

An interesting thing I just thought of is how we keep having some sort of issue between our main two, and then they meet a previous pair that had a similar issue, but crashed on resolving it, but our pair resolves it by communicating. The first pain point in the relationship was Haruyo backing out of the initial meeting and the pain that caused Kasumi, mirrored by Asai trying to back out of going to the same college as Ono. But where they crashed and... seem to have repaired their relationship, Kasumi and Haruyo were open about why it happened, why it hurt, and came to an understanding together. Now, they're having issues regarding what this relationship is beyond the roleplay of it, and it seems like Mai and Yamabe are going to have similar issues in their story.

1pixel
joined Dec 3, 2010

Caisson ?
Hmmm... So like, I don't recall seeing this word on the chapter but thank you for the extra information that I've never heard of (⁠ ⁠╹⁠▽⁠╹⁠ ⁠)

last edited at Jan 23, 2026 4:32AM

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

THE HONEYCOMB-CAISSON METHOD

BLAMEY Uploader
Satsuaki
noighd
joined Oct 9, 2021

I've been sitting on ~150 of these sketches puzzling over how to release them. Igarashi draws a few every week; I could potentially upload them in small batches after each half chapter but it feels better to release in bulk each volume. Some come with behind the scenes insight or relate directly to specific chapters though I don't think they're very hard to figure out.

I organized these first two volumes together, meaning some of the cutesy art from the 1st one and dark art from the 2nd doesn't quite line up with when Igarashi posted them. But it felt right and I'm not looking up exact dates over this. This also meant I bundled all the pages with Igarashi jotting her thoughts down at the end of vol2 to keep a better flow when reading.

If there's more crossover art in the future I probably won't do a separate upload but Dominant needed its own introduction.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Cute.

Hatsu%20chan
joined Jul 4, 2021

Thank you for the doodles

1622968954411
joined Jun 3, 2014

These doodles were super cute. Dominant sounds pretty interesting too

joined Jan 14, 2020

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/dear_flowers_that_bloom_in_days_of_yore_ch5_7#35

"Monster without a name"... is this a reference to Monster (which I've seen) or Psycho-Pass (which popped up in a search)? "crunch crunch gulp" does sound like the fairy tale in Monster.

Doodles mostly cute but then we get one like this: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/dear_flowers_that_bloom_in_days_of_yore_ch5_7#40

last edited at Jan 24, 2026 8:22PM

joined Oct 15, 2019

Please don't follow the Dominant route :prays:

joined Jan 14, 2020

"no violence planned (yet)"

Kuroko-railgun
joined Jul 21, 2024

The author is really creative for making these doodles and having her hair be a side character :D

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

What I'm getting from the Dominant crossovers and the "I want her in a collar eating dog food" picture is that Igarashi would draw the most perfect BanG Dream! doujinshi

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

"I love silver hair and blue eyes most, so..."

Too bad, Haruyo actually has blond hair and warm brown eyes~

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I wonder if the younger J.I.'s submissions to Ribbon were already as spicy/unhinged as Dominant or if this streak of darkness is a later development

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

We were very much primed for another sad story, but really, it wasn't. Some missed opportunities, but all things considered it was still a rather nice time, and it all helped Mia so much. (And we still don't know what happened when they met again...)

Icon
joined Mar 14, 2015

My heart is going to hurt so much cuz realistically Mia wouldn't know who she is unless she speaks up ;A;

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Yeah no like, Yamabe engineering Mia's entire social life from the shadows is surprisingly cute and bittersweet knowing she did all of that work to make Mia feel better while keeping it entirely to herself.

Saki4
joined Jun 3, 2020

did mia make a photo essay contest to try to find the same handwriting…?

joined Aug 21, 2017

did mia make a photo essay contest to try to find the same handwriting…?

Oh my goodness I hope this is what happens, that would be one heck of a meetcute.

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

I'm gonna kms

joined Oct 15, 2019

Dang cliffhanger!!

__akiyama_mizuki_project_sekai_drawn_by_ririru__aef7569108d461f730828c198e920bc8_1_1_1_1_1
joined Mar 9, 2024

Well I guess cliffhangers are absolute now. Gonna make sure people are hooked to buy the next chapter/volume...

To reply you must either login or sign up.