Forum › Twinstar Cyclone Runaway discussion

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Someone's catching feelings...

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

Man, this would make a killer anime, It has witch from mercury vibes, minus the insane mental conditioning

Screenshot%202024-08-04%20044759
joined Jun 21, 2021

Man, this would make a killer anime, It has witch from mercury vibes, minus the insane mental conditioning

The mental conditioning comes in the form of the patriarchy and heteronormativity xD

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

They deserve to celebrate not losing the boat (for now). To relax and maybe flirt a little, you know

%e3%83%80%e3%82%a4%e3%81%95%e3%82%93
joined Apr 5, 2023

They deserve to celebrate not losing the boat (for now). To relax and maybe flirt a little, you know

And above all, they need a place where both can shower because Diode stinks.

The mental conditioning comes in the form of the patriarchy and heteronormativity xD

Yes, it's worse than what we're seeing :3

The following is only present in the novel (first volume, part 4, so for any possible future readers: This is not a huge spoiler but rather a minor thing about Diode herself), in the same scene I mentioned to have been considerably reduced in the manga (chapter 5) Diode tells this to Terra, but I'll be spoiling it just in case it happens to be brought up later in the manga. I don't consider it a major detail, so I think it should be safe for anyone to read if they want to know a little more about the setting!
Diode while trying to flee from her clan did end up getting in trouble with 2 other different clans, one, I think it's supposed to be called "Trays", tried to arrest her because they suspected that she had falsified somehow her hours spent on a ship and she had quite the trouble proving that she didn't falsify it
The other, the Pollux, got her into a health program that aims to improve and watch the health of young girls so that they have better results when it comes to reproduction. They are kept under surveillance for the entire day and have their calories controlled and their bodies tested for any illnesses and such until they are seen fit for breeding. In the words of Diode, "it seems that the Pollux have a great interest in reproduction"

For anyone that's interested, here's the raw text for the scene in question:
「トレイズ氏では、詐欺の容疑で逮捕されかけました。ポルックス氏では、瘦身障害の診断を出されて、奨妊プログラムに加入させられるところでした」
「逮捕!?」衝撃的な言葉と、もっと衝撃的な言葉に、テラは椅子から飛び上がる。「と、瘦身? プログラム? それってなんですか?」
「詐欺のほうは航行時間詐称を疑われたんです。九五〇〇時間は多すぎるって。濡れ衣を晴らすのに苦労しました」ダイオードは苦い顔で話す。「あとのほうのやつは、若い女を二四時間監視下において、健康を維持できる上限までカロリーを取らせて、子供を産みやすい体形に仕上げようっていう公的計画です。ポルックス氏は、とにかく生物を繁殖させるのが大好きらしくて」
(…) Cutting this part because it's Terra saying something about foie gras and Diode not understanding it
「私の体形、病気だって判定されたんですよ。そもそも測ってくれなんて頼んでもいないのに」
「だ、大丈夫だったんですか? その、奨妊……」

(Spoilers regarding the Gendo clan) In the third volume of the novel, they bring up how they have their ability to or not to reproduce heavily controlled, with Diode's clan, the Gendo, being even worse at it. While the Endeavour allow the use of contraceptives to control one's menstruation, the Gendo outright banned those and the people there ended up developing their own black market of contraceptives — and yes, hysterectomies aren't exactly allowed in either and I think it's safe to assume it's the same in other clans when the population number is a concern for all of them.
So, quite similar to our own world.

...And let's not forget that Diode is being pursued.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

So, girls in this world are not only fish finder radars, but baby factories, as well. PROGRESS! (I know it's more complicated than that, but you get the idea.) I just want my weird sci-fi Yuri!!!!

Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

Oh WOW this manga is a delight to read! At first it didn’t look that interesting, but I gave it a chance and now it’s one of my favorites! I’m hoping for some quality yuri love but for now the story is exciting and fantastic!

joined Apr 5, 2023

So, I have decided that I'm going to try and translate the novel's first volume and was wondering if anyone knows what would be the best way to share it, like any websites? Or hosts... For now I set up a neocities for when I get it started but it's not like I know enough HTML to make it pleasant to the eyes (I'll try to continue past the basics if I must), nor if they'll take it down because it happens to be against their rules or something.

I can't guarantee that it'll be that good of a translation because I'm not a native english speaker, a beginner when it comes to japanese, never really translated anything this big before and will be doing this all by myself... I also don't really read english books so it'll probably sound weird, but I'm reaching my limit, I want other individuals to enjoy this work, too.
I can at least promise that I'll do my best.

I’m hoping for some quality yuri love

We'll get some, don't worry :D

joined Apr 5, 2023

I do know enough to play stuff like Dai Gyakuten Saiban, read Urasekai Picnic, Twinstar (Which is quite complex compared to the other things I've read in my opinion), other yuri novels and manga with no issues so it's not going to be that bad

My friend is going to help me with it, when we make progress I'll share it here ^^

last edited at Sep 25, 2024 2:25AM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

So, I have decided that I'm going to try and translate the novel's first volume and was wondering if anyone knows what would be the best way to share it, like any websites?

That is really kind of you to offer!

I have seen groups posting chapters as blog posts on Wordpress, e.g. Amawashi. Another option is to upload document files (e.g. docx, epub, html) to Google Drive or Mega.nz, and host the links somewhere (e.g. Wordpress, Carrd), which is how the most popular translation project of JWQS (Chinese yuri webnovel) is shared. I have also seen some novels posted here on DynastyScans in the form of image sets, and then the translator would post links to document files in the forum thread, e.g. Sneikkimies' version of the Adachi and Shimamura light novels.

I think since TCR is a published light novel that one would normally pay to read (i.e. it's not a free-to-read web novel) it might be better to not use a blogging site for anything other than posting links to files uploaded somewhere else. But this is just my observation, so maybe you could ask around some of the groups about best practices. Some people in the Dynasty Discord server might also be able to help connect you to a translator who has worked on novels before.

last edited at Oct 3, 2024 5:12PM

joined Apr 5, 2023

So, I have decided that I'm going to try and translate the novel's first volume and was wondering if anyone knows what would be the best way to share it, like any websites?

That is really kind of you to offer!

I have seen groups posting chapters as blog posts on Wordpress, e.g. Amawashi. Another option is to upload document files (e.g. docx, epub, html) to Google Drive or Mega.nz, and host the links somewhere (e.g. Wordpress, Carrd), which is how the most popular translation project of JWQS (Chinese yuri webnovel) is shared. I have also seen some novels posted here on DynastyScans in the form of image sets, and then the translator would post links to document files in the forum thread, e.g. Sneikkimies' version of the Adachi and Shimamura light novels.

I think since TCR is a published light novel that one would normally pay to read (i.e. it's not a free-to-read web novel) it might be better to not use a blogging site for anything other than posting links to files uploaded somewhere else. But this is just my observation, so maybe you could ask around some of the groups about best practices. Some people in the Dynasty Discord server might also be able to help connect you to a translator who has worked on novels before.

Thank you very much for your advice! Once I get past my discord aversion I'll definitely join the dynasty server

To reply you must either login or sign up.