Forum › Her Tactics to Get Friendly discussion

Download20210304011519
joined Mar 24, 2021

this seemed a bit all over the place. maybe there's context i'm missing?

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Doesn't help that the translation is pretty rough again, some parts barely make any sense.

joined Mar 24, 2021

Basic gist is delinquent/gyaru is bad with class president, class president thinks she’s pretty, rest is history. Very bare bone story that doesn’t need extra meaning behind it. It’s surface level and that’s perfectly fine.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Yes, it was a bit confusing- like what was the devils daughter bit and the horns? Was that real? something to do with a play?

I did like it- I think it could be borderline fantastic if you could clear up the disjointedness.

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

Doesn't help that the translation is pretty rough again, some parts barely make any sense.

Also looks like the speech bubbles could use some indicator on who is speaking. I haven't looked at the raws, but it was quite difficult to figure out who is who in the first place.

joined Jul 8, 2019

This is oh SO memeable...

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Top student

"Top" student.

03dcbc32-c6f1-466f-9b77-fffa79a101b1
joined Feb 27, 2022

that was longer than expected

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

Interesting and kinda cute, but hard to follow.

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

0-1000 real quick

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Sorry to be blunt, but Windyfall is easily the worst quality translation that's consistently posted to Dynasty - normally I get the impression that there's some quality control with regards to what is allowed on here, but it's like they're an obvious exception to this. Every time I'm about to read something that was translated by them I brace myself for unreadable mess.

last edited at Jul 28, 2024 10:30AM

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Sorry to be blunt, but Windyfall is easily the worst quality translation that's consistently posted to Dynasty - normally I get the impression that there's some quality control with regards to what is allowed on here, but it's like they're an obvious exception to this. Every time I'm about to read something that was translated by them I brace myself for unreadable mess.

They have a long history and have been mostly good. Just check all their other releases throughout the years. I haven't seen much issue with them until recently.

last edited at Jul 28, 2024 11:44AM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

They have a long history and have been mostly good. Just check all their other releases throughout the years. I haven't seen much issue with them until recently.

idk if i'd call over a year 'recent', just look at this one from April last year. And that's just the first one i consciously remember rn

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

idk if i'd call over a year 'recent', just look at this one from April last year. And that's just the first one i consciously remember rn

There's plenty from this year and beyond that are more than fine. They've had some inconsistent releases but they're more often fine to me at least. I don't remember having issues with them.

last edited at Jul 28, 2024 12:10PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

SrNevik posted:

There's plenty from this year and beyond that are more than fine. They've had some inconsistent releases but they're more often fine to me at least. I don't remember having issues with them.

Main reason is because they don't have proofreaders anymore (they had before I think?) and their translator isn't a native English speaker. Neither is their typesetter.

So, I think the rough translation is typesetted as is and they stopped giving af.

last edited at Jul 28, 2024 12:38PM

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Main reason is because they don't have proofreaders anymore (they had before I think?) and their translator isn't a native English speaker. Neither is their typesetter.

So, I think the rough translation is typesetted as is and they stopped giving af.

I figured something might have changed. Guess we'll see. Anyway I enjoyed their work on "Yuri is Taboo to a Yuri Otaku," "Fuzoroi no Renri" and others.

last edited at Jul 28, 2024 1:08PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

"Yuri Otaku" had tolerable translation at its best moments and really hard to read for the rest, if this is fine by your standards then we evidently have very different ones :P I kinda wish that series was handled by someone competent because I really liked it.

I understand English not being your first language might be a problem (hell, it isn't my first language, maybe that's why worse quality translation makes it even harder for me to understand anything) and I realize that it's very likely the alternative is no translation at all, and I'm ultimately thankful for what I get, I just find it very weird that Dynasty is fine with this level of quality. I'm not beneath reading some shit tier translations on mangadex if I'm desperate enough.

last edited at Jul 28, 2024 1:31PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

The translation has a few obvious errors, but it's possible the "string of non-sequiturs" effect is the fault of the source material. Some shitty doujin, translated out of a sense of completionism.

Fruitymctootie99
Toudou%20itsumi%20and%20ookado%20tsubasa%20(warui%20ga%20watashi%20wa%20yuri%20janai)%20reshot
joined Sep 20, 2022

mm fluff

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

translation rough as h also story really messy

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

so we are not going to experience the other 5 weakspots? what a cliffhanger

joined Nov 21, 2018

Yes, it was a bit confusing- like what was the devils daughter bit and the horns? Was that real? something to do with a play?

That was all a gag based on Maotani's name (Maou - Demon King). You could also see it as her playing up the delinquent persona that her classmates have saddled her with. Also meant to make her an opposite of the protagonist, whose name can be read as "Hero" twice. And along the way, Maotani does definitely lose to Hiro...

The actual translation from JP to EN was good enough that I didn't have any difficulty following the story. Maybe all Windyfall needs is a new editor?

last edited at Jul 29, 2024 12:38AM

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I liked it, but it was very hard to follow at times.

so we are not going to experience the other 5 weakspots? what a cliffhanger

In the afterword the author says they want to write a second part, so maybe.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Was this written and translated by Chat GPT?

23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

I'm sorry but this translation is pretty hard to follow, its all over the place.

To reply you must either login or sign up.