Forum › Their Story discussion

PrettyMitsuki
Glasses
joined Feb 21, 2015

The 04/03/2015 update surprised me. I thought it was pretty much established among her friends that Sun Jing likes girls. I mean, why do they think she would go through so much trouble to get a hold of Qiu Tong?

nope I think Sun Jing was never interested in anyone until Qiu Tong came along. Her expression said it all at the last page of update 4/03/2015 she said I THINK I'm in love with a girl that means she just realize that she likes girls or she is only interested in Qui Tong lol and Mophead is even surprise by her confession. Also this update is a flashback on the time before Sun Jing approach Qiu Tong

last edited at Apr 4, 2015 7:50AM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013
Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

I can understand when people got confused about that part since the series started with her trying to pick her up and nobody in the world questioned it at all, also there was a scene later where one of the classmates hands out a free massage ticket when she was depressed about Qui Tong which was specifically for an female masseuse, again, like homophobia was something that didn't exist

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Is Sun Jing 14 years old...?

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I would say 15-16

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

^disagree she obviously like girls
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/their_story_11172014_update

That was funny but it could easily be just for fun :P
Thanks for the update! man she is a pure stalker <3

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

It seems they are all in their 1st year of high school - so that makes them 15 or 16 depending on when their birthdays fall ofcourse.

But Qiu tong (her friend too I'd assume) are 2nd years I seem to remember it saying so they are 16 or 17.

joined Mar 23, 2013

That poor guy "Guys would like you". Although it has been known that girls only like bishies, he just never got the memo.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^disagree she obviously like girls
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/their_story_11172014_update

And Maus etc & others comments - her coming out to mop head is a flashback - by the time the story starts she DOES know she likes girls, as do some / all her friends (the whole school?), and it wasn't a big deal to them obviously - and she seems to have easily excepted it herself.

And that grope scene on page one COULD be in part inspired by her liking girls, but it was mainly a prank on Mop head - a straight girl could also easily do that.

So at the point the story starts she and her friend/s have known she was gay like a few weeks or a few months or something.
(Depending how far through the year we are and when they first bumped into each other / how long her just watching her but not approaching lasted / how long before page one that coming out was.)

If you guess the time of year and know the Chinese school year, you could guestimate better.

last edited at Apr 4, 2015 9:26AM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

^pay more attention to the butt staring.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

A fine butt never pass unannounced, boy or girl it doesn't matter... You stare, and some of them are special and must be slapped because is human nature.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

She could also have simply noticed the opportunity to play the prank and not been staring.

But either way it doesn't matter - I can except it was equally driven by her liking girls as it was the prank.

I do agree it seems sure she knows by story start she likes girls - she isn't fooling herself she is straight but just loves this one girl. She and her friends seemed to accept it pretty easily - it doesn't always have to be a big deal.

last edited at Apr 4, 2015 9:34AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Based on Qiu Tong's reactions to Sun Jin, I think SHE was already aware of her preference.

Zensunni, you raise some good points but I'm fairly sure she doesn't suspect anything romantic yet - even IF she is developing romantic feelings already, it seems all she knows is she really likes this new friend she has made.

I would point out in the convenience store scene when Qiu tong gets doki doki - she thinks ......? She doesn't understand at all why Sun jing's smile made her heart race.

It might of been obvious to an observer, but not to her yet. She has probably never considered another girl in a romantic context before, so she wouldn't understand her reaction right away.

last edited at Apr 4, 2015 9:45AM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

And Maus etc & others comments - her coming out to mop head is a flashback - by the time the story starts she DOES know she likes girls, as do some / all her friends (the whole school?), and it wasn't a big deal to them obviously - and she seems to have easily excepted it herself.

Oi, I am not disagreeing, I just said that I can understand why people could get confused about her coming out, because at first the story was structured like she already had her coming out a long time ago

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I love stories like this: all laughter and butterflies. But this release schedule ... my poor heart.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

A fine butt never pass unannounced, boy or girl it doesn't matter... You stare, and some of them are special and must be slapped because is human nature.

Yup yup. I'm queer as a bag of fish, but you show me something like this, fuck yes I'm gonna look.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I suppose this http://dynasty-scans.com/images/3355 shows the main cast

There's a couple characters we didn't meet yet...

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

I'm falling in love more with this series!!! <3 <3 <3

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I suppose this http://dynasty-scans.com/images/3355 shows the main cast

There's a couple characters we didn't meet yet...

If the person on the left is the girl who got Qiu Tong name :
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/their_story_11172014_update#10

then we've seen them all

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Is that Tattletale with the wiggly arm? That man gets cooler every time he appears.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Sun Jing even taking the papers out of some stranger's hand just to shake it is pretty much exactly me anytime I make any minor progress in my love life.

joined Apr 4, 2015

This my favorite!won't stop smiling to see how adorable they are!>~<

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's kind of hilarious that we saw all that art of them together, with Sun Jing looking all cool and seductive and self-assured, then reading this story only to find that she's an incredible dork who really has no idea what she's doing.

joined Jan 30, 2015

It's kind of hilarious that we saw all that art of them together, with Sun Jing looking all cool and seductive and self-assured, then reading this story only to find that she's an incredible dork who really has no idea what she's doing.

I think that subversion of expectations goes for the comic as a whole. It's very well-drawn, many of the characters are glamorous looking, but the whole thing is actually slapsticky and sweetly corny.

joined Sep 15, 2013

I think that subversion of expectations goes for the comic as a whole. It's very well-drawn, many of the characters are glamorous looking, but the whole thing is actually slapsticky and sweetly corny.

That was exactly what i was thinking, I love your brain

To reply you must either login or sign up.