Forum › Citrus + discussion

joined May 12, 2024

I decided to reread and catch up on this series after a few years, and this was my first time going through the comments. It’s been…fascinating…seeing the different reactions people have had to the story and characters over the years(especially Mei, god damn).

I’ll admit that I’m mainly here for Harumi and Matsuri at this point, and it was nice to see that they’ve both - together and individually - had a whole few pages worth of almost-not-really development since my last visit. Can’t wait for their dedicated arc that I’m sure will happen any decade now.

Mei seems to be the main source of discourse around here, and I can see why. Personally, my opinion of her since I started rereading this series has evolved from ‘Please learn to identify and communicate your feelings’ to ‘…are you even capable of looking happy?’. I know Mei loves Yuzu, but her constant deadpan and aloofness - especially when put in contrast to Yuzu’s sunny-puppy smiling affection - does give off a slight impression of…disinterest; even though I know that isn’t the case. I do think she’s made some progress with her actions(such as buying Yuzu a gift and inviting her on a date), I just wish that her expressions - things like smiling, initiating physical affection, or just looking somewhat more happy and content around her girlfriend - were a more noticeable point of improvement for her at this point in their relationship. Being stoic is one thing, but Mei is another entirely.

As far as sex goes, I don’t really care if they actually have it or not; I’d just like for the topic of sex to be brought up between them. They’ve both been overtly lustful for each other since pretty early on in the series, and they’ve been sleeping in their own room on the same bed for quite a while now. Whatever their decision is, I just want to see them sit down and address the obvious sexual tension between them that - as far as I can tell - has been going completely unsatiated and unaddressed this entire time.

Overall though, I’ve had a good time catching up with the series and reading the comments here(not gonna lie, Meibot comments cracked me up more than I would have ever thought). I’m not sure when I’ll check in again, but I’m looking forward to it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

https://x.com/ichijinshaevent/status/1800362329609007390
Man, and people think citrus has slowed down. The special edition of volume 6 is having a second run because of how fast it sold out

And it sold out the same day it went for preorder, no less

https://x.com/ichijinshaevent/status/1799083812582051850

last edited at Jun 11, 2024 3:06AM

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Man, and people think citrus has slowed down. The special edition of volume 6 is having a second run because of how fast it sold out

People think it's slowed down? I know people tend to assume things they don't like aren't doing well. I just want the next chapter!

last edited at Jun 11, 2024 8:18AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

People think it's slowed down? I know people tend to assume things they don't like aren't doing well. I just want the next chapter!

Slow down in terms of actual chapters we get those last months, not in term of popularity. Context is important

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Slow down in terms of actual chapters we get those last months, not in term of popularity. Context is important

Well I'm only responding to the other comment which was discussing popularity. That was the context of the discussion--talking about sales etc. I do remember some on here who were recently wondering if the series did fall off in sales and popularity though. So it's not as though it hasn't been discussed here recently anyway.

last edited at Jun 11, 2024 4:37PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

No, I meant popularity.

joined Dec 17, 2022

Well I'm only responding to the other comment which was discussing popularity. That was the context of the discussion--talking about sales etc. I do remember some on here who were recently wondering if the series did fall off in sales and popularity though. So it's not as though it hasn't been discussed here recently anyway.

for allusions. Please be patient because my native language is not English and it is difficult for me to express myself. At no point did I say that the anger of Yurihime magazine was due to low sales, I simply echoed a previous comment and the data is there, announcements of chapters that did not come out, chapters that came out unfinished, and breaks in the work without No explanation. Regarding "popularity" I am referring to the little activity in forums like this one (dynasty), Twitter, Facebook, and even YouTube, comparing it to the great activity that there was when citrus+ started, and that is undeniable. I love citrus with all my heart but that doesn't mean that if I don't like the way the story is being handled, I say so (and there are not a few of us), always respecting the opinion the opinion of people who find citrus+ wonderful at the moment . He concluded, truly happy, that the special edition of vol 6 has been sold out, and I hope that 2 and 3 are sold out, but that doesn't mean anything, nor is it what I was referring to, I will be one of the first to When vol 6 comes out in my country, go run and buy it.

last edited at Jun 12, 2024 7:13AM

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

for allusions. Please be patient because my native language is not English and it is difficult for me to express myself. At no point did I say that the anger of Yurihime magazine was due to low sales, I simply echoed a previous comment and the data is there, announcements of chapters that did not come out, chapters that came out unfinished, and breaks in the work without No explanation. Regarding "popularity" I am referring to the little activity in forums like this one (dynasty), Twitter, Facebook, and even YouTube, comparing it to the great activity that there was when citrus+ started, and that is undeniable. I love citrus with all my heart but that doesn't mean that if I don't like the way the story is being handled, I say so (and there are not a few of us), always respecting the opinion the opinion of people who find citrus+ wonderful at the moment . He concluded, truly happy, that the special edition of vol 6 has been sold out, and I hope that 2 and 3 are sold out, but that doesn't mean anything, nor is it what I was referring to, I will be one of the first to When vol 6 comes out in my country, go run and buy it.

Your English is fine. No worries there. Here's hoping we don't have the same wait until next chapter.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The limited edition of vol 6 includes a 18-page booklet depicting a day in the life of Yuzu and Mei. Is just a series of pinups with no dialogue but is pretty cute. The extra is a small scene between Sayaka and Miyabi.

And lastly, Sabu's afterword has her (according to the spanish translation at least) very excited about new experiences that she has gone through that have "stirred new feelings on her" that she will use to continue bringing happiness to Yuzu and Mei. So there will be citrus for a while.

joined Jan 14, 2020

The pinups, without the "small scene" are up on mangadex. They are very cute. Snapshots of a day in their life. Yuzu and Mei being affectionate in small ways, the sort of thing I feel we've been starved of in the main series.

Also, Mei takes naps in school! How scandalous.

joined Dec 17, 2022

I really liked Yuzu and Mei's pinups and the only criticism I can make is that I would have liked it to have been a chapter with their text, for me it would have been a 10 but I'm not complaining.What surprised me is the extra chapter for Sayaka and Miyabi, is there another arc coming for them? In my case I have already said it many times, Sayaka and Miyabi are two characters that I don't care about. and to conclude, what I said in previous comments, harumin and matsuri forgotten

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Stuff like this should have been the vast majority of Citrus+ IMO. This small extra chapter alone did more to make me like Mei and see her as an actual normal young woman than + has done so far in 6 volumes. Mei having a facial expression other than just blank and stoic is so freaking refreshing, it's not even funny (^^)

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

They don't sleep enough 8 hours a day, if you count from 11:30 pm to 5:30 am, they only sleep 6 hours.

Wallpaper_2~2
joined Jul 4, 2021

They don't sleep enough 8 hours a day, if you count from 11:30 pm to 5:30 am, they only sleep 6 hours.

Noticed too, now with such sleep schedule and workload during weekdays as a teenager they would quickly burnout or worse if it was a real life scenario, especially Mei.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Stuff like this should have been the vast majority of Citrus+ IMO. This small extra chapter alone did more to make me like Mei and see her as an actual normal young woman than + has done so far in 6 volumes. Mei having a facial expression other than just blank and stoic is so freaking refreshing, it's not even funny (^^)

I know, right?!

Who are Sayaka and Miyabi, and did their chapter not get translated yet?

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Who are Sayaka and Miyabi

Characters from way back in Volume 2. It's been so long since we've seen them that I haven't written Miyabi's name in a script even once in the 2.5 years I've been translating this series, until working on this extra. Translation coming soon!

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Sayaka is a first-year who recently joined the student council and is a self-loathing lesbian trying her hardest to ignore her feelings for Miyabi, they were the focus of Volume 2.

I find funny that people are saying they don't care about them when one of the things people criticized of citrus was the addition of new characters who vanished after their story was done. Personally, I thought it was a nice coda to their story.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Squeezing more romance in a small extra than the entire series so far.

And this was especially good. ^_^

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

https://x.com/YuriAnimeNews/status/1805368538372440226

Citrus has sold 4 million copies worldwide.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

How was this extra more lovey-dovey than the last twenty chapters combined?

I find funny that people are saying they don't care about them when one of the things people criticized of citrus was the addition of new characters who vanished after their story was done. Personally, I thought it was a nice coda to their story.

While I get what you mean, when the story of the main cast has been on the back burner for this long, it's only natural that readers don't care to revisit two random characters that appeared in a volume three years ago. In my opinion, the problem with citrus wasn't so much that the new characters disappeared, it was that they appeared in the first place, whenever the author didn't know how to continue the story. The fact that they disappeared immediately after the conflict was resolved only confirmed that their existence had no real purpose, but it wasn't in itself the problem.

That being said, I think these characters in particular were more interesting compared to others we've seen in the past, so perhaps there is something more they can offer. However, it's been so long since we last saw them that I barely remember them, if I'm being honest.

joined Dec 7, 2022

This one kiss page is better than a vast majority of the recent Citrus+ chapters. I wish the author would focus more on simple moments like this than drumming up more drama.

joined Mar 29, 2019

If China likes it that explains the censorship. Either way, Citrus is a masterpiece and I'm happy for Sabroota's success. Citrus+, has not been something the west has liked, but maybe that's down to China? Or not.

The author has not been able to write good characters mostly in this portion. I guess it's too bad she couldn't start a new story. I really wanted a spinoff for Harumin and Matsuri.

I wish she could be allowed to drop Citrus now and make a new work of her own design, in the vein of original Citrus.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

If there was just some of the sweet coupley moments with Mei showing the little bit of emotions like she had in this extra sprinkled throughout Citrus+ there wouldn't be nearly as many people complaining about the series.

joined Jan 14, 2020

why does the bath toy look so worried?

To reply you must either login or sign up.