Forum › Citrus + discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Has evidence been presented anywhere that there are actually issues with the author’s health, or is that just speculation about the long waits between new chapters?

joined Dec 17, 2022

Some almost 30 years ago I read CLAMP's (both in raw) Tokyo Babylon first, and then the sequel X which was actually better with many more interesting characters. I read Minami Ozaki's (both in raw) Zetsuai and then the sequel Bronze which was also actually better with more high drama. If these first class Yaoi doujinshi-generation artists knew what to do with sequels, how come Sabu does not? So what sort of artist Sabu is, making a sequel meaningless? A bad sequel can even ruin the joy of reading the original series...

Maybe I'll change my mind. What is clear is that at the current publication rate she can get 5/6volumes Further or whatever Until the graduation. What I don't know is how She going to fill all that. what I have
Of course, if you don't have arcs that hook the reader, some readers will end up abandoning the story. Who knows, maybe She saving a harumatsu for last, or something from MEI's mother,It even gives more rhythm to the story or maybe nothing and Stay the same. I don't know .The future will say

last edited at Oct 22, 2023 12:45PM

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

More important, Yuzu look she was tapping Harumi on the table, xd

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Has evidence been presented anywhere that there are actually issues with the author’s health, or is that just speculation about the long waits between new chapters?

My comment about health was just a general statement about the usual mangaka working conditions, but I don't know if she has announced any specific health issues. I just know she sometimes struggles with the deadlines since there's been several chapters where she had to release them incomplete.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

My comment about health was just a general statement about the usual mangaka working conditions, but I don't know if she has announced any specific health issues. I just know she sometimes struggles with the deadlines since there's been several chapters where she had to release them incomplete.

It’s not just you—I’ve seen comments on the Chaosteam Facebook site about wishing for the mangaka’s health, etc. But those people also seemed to be inferring that from the erratic release schedule.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

ngl, I relate with Yuzu and I could never see myself with a girl like Mei....no matter how much she's my type lmao. Like, it just seems so difficult.... lol

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The only thing we know for sure (because Sabu herself has mentioned in the afterwords of the volumes) is that she is busy.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Regarding continuing the story after marriage or at university, Saburouta already made it clear in an interview that no, this story ends at graduation, and finally as far as the harumatsu is concerned, both the harumatsu and the hard between yuzu and MEI are two elements that the author uses to keep the reader with expectations, but the hard is neither there nor expected and the harumatsu today is "dead", tomorrow who knows. Greetings

Some almost 30 years ago I read CLAMP's (both in raw) Tokyo Babylon first, and then the sequel X which was actually better with many more interesting characters. I read Minami Ozaki's (both in raw) Zetsuai and then the sequel Bronze which was also actually better with more high drama. If these first class Yaoi doujinshi-generation artists knew what to do with sequels, how come Sabu does not? So what sort of artist Sabu is, making a sequel meaningless? A bad sequel can even ruin the joy of reading the original series...

Good god that brings me back ! I got so freaking mad at Clamp for never finishing X/1999 , I still kinda have a bit of a grudge against them to this day :P They did good with Cardcaptor Sakura at least.

joined Mar 8, 2019

Does this mean she's going to be bonding with Arata so he'll no longer be "the unknown"? Still hoping for a jealous Mei arc this time around.... I mean I know Mei's stunning and smart and rich but Yuzu has some stuff going for her too! It's her turn to be wanted by someone in a romantic sense since I don't think Harumin will ever be confirmed.

joined Feb 11, 2022

September 30th , Page 14 :

I don't know what you're talking about yuzu , this is a 1:1 perfect depiction of that dude's face , I can't even see the difference

joined Dec 17, 2022

Does anyone know if citrus+ has been canceled or has gone on hiatus? Savoruota left a slightly confusing New Year's greeting tweet saying that this year she wanted to try new things

joined Sep 23, 2022

Does anyone know if citrus+ has been canceled or has gone on hiatus? Savoruota left a slightly confusing New Year's greeting tweet saying that this year she wanted to try new things

She can start a story about harumin and matsuri,It would be very interesting.

joined Dec 17, 2022

To do anything, the first thing you have to do is release chapters more frequently. Its last chapter was released in October and we don't know when the next one will come out.

Xxaaezvi
joined Oct 1, 2019

To do anything, the first thing you have to do is release chapters more frequently. Its last chapter was released in October and we don't know when the next one will come out.

If it ever does. Author seems wrapped up in other things than writing. Story gone flat and months between chapters. Gave up hope months ago for the story to get good again. Has turned into a forgetable story from one that started so well. It's a shame. A waste.

last edited at Jan 30, 2024 11:31AM

joined Oct 27, 2023

Any new information when the story will go on like its been 5 months i wanna see canon harumin x matsuri

joined Dec 17, 2022

Any new information when the story will go on like its been 5 months i wanna see canon harumin x matsuri

This month there is no chapter, and from what is announced in the yurihime magazine for next month neither. the only thing that is known is sabu's tweet from january saying "i wanted to try new things this year "What were you referring to? No idea. Everything is very strange. Is it on hiatus? Is it cancelled? No idea, there is no information. First of all, that Sabu is in good health and let's wait to see if there is any kind of information New.

joined Nov 13, 2019

Can someone explain why is Citrus not finished

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Citrus is completed. This is Citrus +, which depicts events before the ending of Citrus.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Citrus is completed. This is Citrus +, which depicts events before the ending of Citrus.

Of course that's technically true, but Citrus+ continues the themes the characters and themes of the original series; I still think of it as "Citrus" too.

Since Citrus was one of the most popular and talked-about yuri series ever, it is rather surprising to see this in effect abandoned by the author (although maybe only temporarily).

joined Dec 17, 2022

Of course that's technically true, but Citrus+ continues the themes the characters and themes of the original series; I still think of it as "Citrus" too.

Since Citrus was one of the most popular and talked-about yuri series ever, it is rather surprising to see this in effect abandoned by the author (although maybe only temporarily).

abandoned? A few chapters ago someone posted a comment on this forum that Yurihime magazine must not have been very happy. perhaps it is the magazine itself that has said enough . It's all quite strange because they haven't even closed volume 6 to put it on sale. It's sad to say but citrus+ is nowhere near as popular as the original series and more and more people have gone abandoning it little by little. We'll see what happens in the future.

joined Sep 10, 2022

abandoned? A few chapters ago someone posted a comment on this forum that Yurihime magazine must not have been very happy. perhaps it is the magazine itself that has said enough . It's all quite strange because they haven't even closed volume 6 to put it on sale. It's sad to say but citrus+ is nowhere near as popular as the original series and more and more people have gone abandoning it little by little. We'll see what happens in the future.

Are these a lot of assumptions or are there facts out there that suggest it's not doing well?

last edited at Apr 4, 2024 7:31AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Are these a lot of assumptions or are there facts out there that suggest it's not doing well?

As far as I can tell, all we definitely know for sure is that there have been long delays between the appearance of Citrus+ chapters and obvious quality-control issues in some of the chapters that have appeared (such as un-inked and partially toned pages and goofs like a glass of soda apparently growing out of a character’s head).

Readers’ first inclinations were to speculate about Saburouta’s health, then to infer from fragments of evidence a fading degree of authorial interest, and now a potential problem with sales/popularity.

I do think it’s safe to say that Citrus+ isn’t helping with magazine sales when it isn’t in the magazine.

joined Sep 10, 2022

As far as I can tell, all we definitely know for sure is that there have been long delays between the appearance of Citrus+ chapters and obvious quality-control issues in some of the chapters that have appeared (such as un-inked and partially toned pages and goofs like a glass of soda apparently growing out of a character’s head).

Readers’ first inclinations were to speculate about Saburouta’s health, then to infer from fragments of evidence a fading degree of authorial interest, and now a potential problem with sales/popularity.

I do think it’s safe to say that Citrus+ isn’t helping with magazine sales when it isn’t in the magazine.

Definitely. But, as far as I know, the reasons for the delays aren't known. I was wondering if the previous person was just spreading assumptions or had actual evidence of bad sales or waning interest being the culprit. I'm not really interested in rumors--unless new info comes out, I'm fine leaving it with an "idk" and waiting. Guess we'll see.

last edited at Apr 4, 2024 9:14AM

joined Dec 17, 2022

Definitely. But, as far as I know, the reasons for the delays aren't known. I was wondering if the previous person was just spreading assumptions or had actual evidence of bad sales or waning interest being the culprit. I'm not really interested in rumors--unless new info comes out, I'm fine leaving it with an "idk" and waiting. Guess we'll see.
I made it clear in a comment above, the only thing that is known was Savoruota's tweet in January where she said that "this year I wanted to try new things" What was she referring to? no idea. I did not say May it be due to poor sales, just quote a comment from this forum where it was said that the yurihime magazine should not be very happy with the drop in quality and to that I add that it does not have either Being happy with announcing chapters that then don't come out and last year it happened several times. And finally, what I said about citrus+ losing followers is unfortunately because of what I see in Forums like this and in others, where I see less activity every day, and I'm not referring to now that there are no chapters, for a long time, which doesn't mean anything, it's just a personal feeling. Hello

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

it does not have either Being happy with announcing chapters that then don't come out and last year it happened several times.

I had forgotten about the announced chapters that didn’t appear. That’s an even worse sign than just magazine issues without chapters.

But that’s what this whole thread is about—we don’t know exactly what it’s a worse sign of.

To reply you must either login or sign up.