Forum › Ebisu-san and Hotei-san discussion

joined Aug 1, 2013

I never get tired of rereading this. Probably like my 8th run through of this.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

amazing story, but I've always wondered, why is there not a scene/panel showing that they are definitely a couple? it's implied, but never said explicitly. oh well, who am I to question the wisdom of the artist.

Grinning_Wolves
Ldd
joined Apr 9, 2014

You know it's great when you can re-read a story like this over 5 times and still find it brilliant. :3

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

Obviously I love this manga so damn much. <3

And I really loved Mayo's smirk at the end of chapter five. So cute.

Photo_2017-09-25_19-58-19
joined Jan 17, 2014

One of the many times i've read this one. Love the style, the story and the whole thing is just wow.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Loved that too. She's a sly one! And ofc it worked. Also, she probably knew about Chizuru's feelings from the moment her sister tried to mess with her. She is like a watchdog that sniffs out love interests. Oh, and Chizuru seems to have passed the test.

I liked the portrayal of the characters and I even found Mayo's sis to be likable and believable. It just goes to show that a lot of what we do hinges on the circumstances and we can't help ourselves doing things we don't mean and that a little extra help from our friends can work magic.

What does Hana-chan mean in the extra story? Liking tsundere is genetic?

last edited at Dec 20, 2014 8:29AM

joined Dec 18, 2014

Woah, I still remember that one. I read it ages ago.
It is still as awesome as it was back then <3

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Someone revived this thread on the forum and there's no way you can't re-read after that. I really think that the sweet implied ending was incredibly fulfilling. I'm kinda wistful now.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

There are some stories you just wished you could read again for the first time.

Can someone bump it again in, say, three years? Much obliged!

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Is Hana-chans friend a girl? I can't really tell.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Is Hana-chans friend a girl? I can't really tell.

Always assumed the friend was a girl.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I thought a boy, but could be either way I guess.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I thought a boy, but could be either way I guess.

Yeah, I guess the manga keeps that open to the reader. Always been wondering the same thing, though.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I seem to recall red bag are for girls, boys usually wear black one, so as they both wear same color, I tend to assume a girl. :p

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Thought it had a satisfying ending nonetheless ian. :)

Same here, it's obvious at the end Shrimp Mayo knows exactly how Hotei feels, and has come to love her in return. She almost explicitly says as much, and of course the extra makes it that much more clear. I'm pretty happy even if I'd been hoping for another kiss.

That line where Ebi-chan pretty much says that is probably one of the best lines I've ever read in anything, lol. And I pretty much agree. It's made clear enough, though something a little bit more concrete would have been nice. Though I'd think Hana walking in on Ebi and Hotei is fairly concrete. I mean Ebisu clearly is running her hand through Hotei's hair, they're very close to each other. Girls are of course more likely to be in such a situation with one another with it being innocent but that sort of situation just doesn't seem to fit with Ebi-chan's personality at the very least.

last edited at Apr 4, 2015 12:54AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Thought it had a satisfying ending nonetheless ian. :)

Same here, it's obvious at the end Shrimp Mayo knows exactly how Hotei feels, and has come to love her in return. She almost explicitly says as much, and of course the extra makes it that much more clear. I'm pretty happy even if I'd been hoping for another kiss.

That line where Ebi-chan pretty much says that is probably one of the best lines I've ever read in anything, lol. And I pretty much agree. It's made clear enough, though something a little bit more concrete would have been nice. Though I'd think Hana walking in on Ebi and Hotei is fairly concrete. I mean Ebisu clearly is running her hand through Hotei's hand, they're very close to each other. Girls are of course more likely to be in such a situation with one another with it being innocent but that sort of situation just doesn't seem to fit with Ebi-chan's personality at the very least.

I think the two of them are probably more intimate in that scene than if she'd walked in on them having sex, to be honest. They're clearly focused entirely on each other, and there's this comfortable sense that they're welcome in each others' personal space. I only wish I could convey half that sense of closeness in my own work.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I think the two of them are probably more intimate in that scene than if she'd walked in on them having sex, to be honest. They're clearly focused entirely on each other, and there's this comfortable sense that they're welcome in each others' personal space. I only wish I could convey half that sense of closeness in my own work.

I'd be inclined to agree actually. And considering how their relationship is throughout the story that sort of intimacy seems a lot more likely for them too.

I mean Ebisu clearly is running her hand through Hotei's hand

This is what I get for making a post shortly before going to bed, lol.

Untitled-6
joined Apr 11, 2015

I'm glad I read this manga; it's now one of my personal favorites. A light-hearted, feel good, romance manga that perfectly suited my not-so complicated taste lol... ugh.. why this manga had to be so short?! I'd love to see more of them T.T oh well, time to find new one to read ^^

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Loved that too. She's a sly one! And ofc it worked. Also, she probably knew about Chizuru's feelings from the moment her sister tried to mess with her. She is like a watchdog that sniffs out love interests. Oh, and Chizuru seems to have passed the test.

I liked the portrayal of the characters and I even found Mayo's sis to be likable and believable. It just goes to show that a lot of what we do hinges on the circumstances and we can't help ourselves doing things we don't mean and that a little extra help from our friends can work magic.

What does Hana-chan mean in the extra story? Liking tsundere is genetic?

Indeed, Hana-chan probably meant liking tsundere girls, like how Hotei-san was a major tsundere for the most of the plot. Kids pick on more than we think sometimes, for instance, remember when Hotei-san asked Hana-chan if she loved Mayo-chan? And then Hana returned the question?
Yep. She very likely noticed the nature of the relationship between the two, and then questioned the similarity between her friend's behaviour and Hotei-san's.

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

Friend?? But treating others like more than friends?? Somehow it is good enough but may they are not just opening it up to others their relationship... hahaha... and a room connected by balcony. Perhaps, it is just because of the pervert thoughts of mind but for my personal opinion haha... Maybe they did it sometimes you know? hahaha

joined Sep 21, 2014

Hana calling Hotei-chan Mayo-chan's 'friend' after hesitating indicates that she knows or at least doubts that friendship is the true nature of their relationship, but calls her so to just give it a name, for her troubled friend
I've read this like 5 times now, one of my all time favourites for sure ;u;

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

This one was amezing cute
I wanted to sugest blushing and by the extra's time skip but it doesn't work 0-0

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ahh I just reread this yesterday and I still get those nice tingly feelings. Even though this manga didn't need a kiss between the two, I'm still left feeling that it would have been nice to see.... Time to reread it again for the nth time.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hana calling Hotei-chan Mayo-chan's 'friend' after hesitating indicates that she knows or at least doubts that friendship is the true nature of their relationship, but calls her so to just give it a name, for her troubled friend

I read it as Hana definitely knowing it's a romantic relationship, but being sharp enough to know she shouldn't be telling others about it in those terms. She's a smart kid.

joined Sep 21, 2014

I read it as Hana definitely knowing it's a romantic relationship, but being sharp enough to know she shouldn't be telling others about it in those terms. She's a smart kid.

The extra was a definite treasure to read
Not only an indication of their later life together, but to have it revealed through the eyes of Hana-chan ❤
0 points for subtlety for Hotei and Ebisu lmao, but A+ for trying

To reply you must either login or sign up.