Forum › Liar Satsuki Can See Death discussion

Acreepshowavatar
joined Oct 20, 2017

Really hope this ends with them finding a way to remove whatever is killing people around Komachi. The story seems to be about fighting against fate. I'm going to be really annoyed if the story comes to the conclusion "No, Satsuki needs to just let people die cause fighting fate is bad."

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

Really hope this ends with them finding a way to remove whatever is killing people around Komachi. The story seems to be about fighting against fate. I'm going to be really annoyed if the story comes to the conclusion "No, Satsuki needs to just let people die cause fighting fate is bad."

I feel like the whole “let the bad guys win for once” thing could possibly be hinting at something but idk

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

Wow, she gave in fast— is she seriously just gonna let her kill herself or will she save her last minute?

Will it be a “she feels like she needs to die but doesn’t want to die” type of thing?

Surely there must be some priest they can talk to, or maybe she can have a Job that allows her to stay home?

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Komachi is gonna survive the attempt and then kill the entire hospital because that would be diegetically awful but extremely amusing for the audience

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I mean the answer here very clearly is that Komachi just needs to stay near Satsuki because she can "clear" the death energy that stacks up on people near Komachi.

Honestly though, Komachi going "oh no she'll hate me because I cause death to happen" is for me a slight miss. Like it makes sense given how she thinks about herself but the in my opinion much better direction to go in would have been Komachi thinking "she'll always save the people I bring closer to death but also she just jumped out of the fourth floor of a building to hit a billboard so it wouldn't hit me. That's SO dangerous, I don't want her to DIE for me"

That way we would have had a better opposition because it would have been Satsuki's "I'll always save you" Vs Komachi's "please stop doing that for your own good"

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I mean the answer here very clearly is that Komachi just needs to stay near Satsuki because she can "clear" the death energy that stacks up on people near Komachi.

Honestly though, Komachi going "oh no she'll hate me because I cause death to happen" is for me a slight miss. Like it makes sense given how she thinks about herself but the in my opinion much better direction to go in would have been Komachi thinking "she'll always save the people I bring closer to death but also she just jumped out of the fourth floor of a building to hit a billboard so it wouldn't hit me. That's SO dangerous, I don't want her to DIE for me"

That way we would have had a better opposition because it would have been Satsuki's "I'll always save you" Vs Komachi's "please stop doing that for your own good"

It wouldn't fit with what we've seen of Komachi thus far. She almost killed Satsuki herself by prying her fingers off the edge of a staircase just so that Satsuki wouldn't have technically told a lie about jumping off a building. From what we've seen in this flashback, Komachi can't feel any conscious sadness about people dying.

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

Who's betting Satsuki is gonna say "but if you die I'll die with you" or something like that?

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Who's betting Satsuki is gonna say "but if you die I'll die with you" or something like that?

This, I'd like this even tho I guess no one will actually die

joined Apr 10, 2023

I'm guessing the "fine" is a kinda dumb fakeout for Satsuki wanting to not invalidate Komachi's feelings and reasons, so rather than just going "you can't do that suicide is bad" she's going to try to convince her "I get where you're coming from but I assure you I'll stay by your side forever bb you're worth it let's make out"

...I may have gotten slightly off track in that prediction. Anyway Satsuki is gonna reenact the famous "no don't kill yourself you're so pretty haha" meme and thus get a happy ending

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Satsuki is probably going to find some way to save her, but it would be absolutely wild if she just shoved Komachi off the roof there and then

joined Feb 17, 2023

According to people elsewhere, Satsuki's saying "わかった" (wakatta) in the raws, which isn't nearly as affirmative as "fine". It's closer to "I get it" or "I understand".

She might still try to do something. Or perhaps she will do nothing because she wants to respect Komachi's choice, but she informed Sensei/the other girls about how Komachi will probably try to commit suicide, and will hope that /they/ can convince her not to go through with it.

last edited at Mar 7, 2024 9:46PM

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

... Next chapter April 4th, huh.

Heh.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I'm guessing the "fine" is a kinda dumb fakeout for Satsuki wanting to not invalidate Komachi's feelings and reasons, so rather than just going "you can't do that suicide is bad" she's going to try to convince her "I get where you're coming from but I assure you I'll stay by your side forever bb you're worth it let's make out"

If so, then this will be the first lie Satsuki has ever told in her life. I wonder if that is the real point of this arc -- Satsuki learning to lie to save people?

... Next chapter April 4th, huh.

Heh.

Well, shit. 4.4.(2)4 doesn't bode well for any of the characters, does it?

RileysticDani
Img_20230402_152744
joined Aug 23, 2022

I think the author is struggling to tied up all the loose ends in the plot...but I'm liking that Komachi is an antagonist because of a curse? -Well at least Komachi seems to feel it that way-. Point is that I think that the next arc, if this is not the end, they'll find a cure for Komachi. Also idk, I like more this ship.

Seo plot twist really kind of messed the plot.

Panchbirdtoreva
joined Dec 14, 2020

Komachi is not Garou
I swear the whole good vs evil crap was ripped straight from OPM lmaoo

joined Mar 9, 2024

Wait, That's the only interaction/relationship between Komachi and Seo? A little disappointing considering they both staged the explosion in class and the gym.

I was already imagining something frutier; Like Seo, even though she was a bully, having a soft spot with Komachi, or Komachi showing her true weird-nature with Seo :|

joined Mar 25, 2019

As much as I like this development for Komachi, it's 100% a retcon, right? Absolutely nothing indicated she was excited to talk to Satsuki in the first chapter, the opposite seems to be more true.

joined Oct 19, 2023

It seems pretty consistent to me: She hesitates in the first chapter just like she does in the flashback.

joined Apr 10, 2023

The main retcon we've got is still Seo's actions I think. She pivoted on giving up trying to be good so hard she went back in time and worked with Komachi to do a terrorism on the school. The ending of the most recent chapter makes it seem like we're just moving past that without addressing it, too. Backstory time is over, next is action/drama/tragedy time.

joined Mar 10, 2024

Wait, That's the only interaction/relationship between Komachi and Seo? A little disappointing considering they both staged the explosion in class and the gym.

I was already imagining something frutier; Like Seo, even though she was a bully, having a soft spot with Komachi, or Komachi showing her true weird-nature with Seo :|

Clearly it's not the only interaction in the next years, although it is a space that's left to be filled by fanfic

joined Mar 10, 2024

I feel like the whole “let the bad guys win for once” thing could possibly be hinting at something but idk

The "bad guys" may very well be Komachi herself, given how much she emphasized with the bad guys in that flick

joined Mar 10, 2024

The main retcon we've got is still Seo's actions I think. She pivoted on giving up trying to be good so hard she went back in time and worked with Komachi to do a terrorism on the school. The ending of the most recent chapter makes it seem like we're just moving past that without addressing it, too. Backstory time is over, next is action/drama/tragedy time.

Shina was suspicious of Seo since the beach episode at least, and she is an excellent judge of character

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Well, there's always the dying and resuscitation route.
Convince whatever it is that she's dead and let it move on, and then bring her back.

joined Apr 10, 2023

Shina was suspicious of Seo since the beach episode at least, and she is an excellent judge of character

Yes but we specifically got inner monologue from Seo about her trying to be good, because she didn't want to get killed. Her setting up a big obvious death trap flies in the face of that.

joined Mar 10, 2024

Seo was ultimately a sociopath, she always was, and it is pretty sociopatic to go from "Who even cares about being good again" and "let's bomb this school"

To reply you must either login or sign up.