Forum › Our Yuri Started With Me Getting Rejected in a Dream discussion

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Last chapter felt like a very frustrating rug pull, but at least this chapter quickly progressed things back to a better place.

last edited at Mar 3, 2024 1:09AM

joined Nov 28, 2011

"It's almost like a dream!"

Smash cut to Hinoka waking up in bed

This seems so obvious and would be the funniest thing ever that I will actually be disappointed if the next chapter doesn't start like that

The entire next (and make it final) chapter is just Inception-level dreams within dreams, with the chapter ending on it being ambiguous as to whether it was actually in reality or not

joined Mar 15, 2022

Saw the confession panel on twitter before I could even read the chapter. Some of y’all need to pump the brakes posting spoilers (even if the chapter title kind of gives it away). At least give me a day, damn

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

Neat. Good that the misunderstanding didn't last for more than one chapter. The whole buildup leading up to the beach and the beach confession kinda really fizzled out though.

I can see that this way to approach things does make it so that we kind of go through the same notes that Tsukushi goes through. So much pressure is put onto The confession and getting it right. Feeling feverish and hazy was easily brushed aside. And then, at The moment, everything goes wrong. Afterwards, we feel distress that Tsukushi feels when Hinoka cries. We think back on how things went so poorly along with thoughts about "Tsukushi should have done this" and "Tsukushi wouldn't have made Hinoka cry if she did that."

Idk thinking real hard about reasons why Hijiki went with the failed beach confession beyond "stretching the story out." It is a shame that the emotional high of getting your feelings through to Hinoka at the beach would have been much much higher than the emotional crash and rise afterwards when the feelings do go through. Maybe this relates to how things don't always go as planned?

But hey I am glad they are together now. It would be hillarious if we see Hinoka reacting to Tsukushi's reasoning behind being fully emotionally bracing herself for a rejection. Literally "it came to me in a dream"

joined Aug 11, 2022

Wow people were sure frustrated last chapter before calming down when this chapter release XD

Yeah...no...everything being a dream is a stupid fking idea that would make crazy fans send death threats to the author (She/he probably already got death threats, lot of author get death threats for silly reasons...there are some very stupid humans beings that exist) and make fans angry lol. Though yeah I know some poster are just joking around about everything being a dream though XD

Now we can enjoy them being cute together...I just hope the author does not end it after 3-4 more chapters, we know we are getting another chapter but I hope we get at least 8-10 more chapters of them dating and being doki-doki. We still didn't get our double-date scene yet lol.

The title can still work (Yuri started with me getting rejected in a dream) in the future storyline.

Tsukushi can dream about being rejected and dumped by her GF for another random girl that is better than her after a few months of dating (Dream due her noticing Hinoka acting distant due to trying to hide a birthday present)
She can still dream about being rejected from a marriage proposal a year later lulz XD
Dream about being rejected and divorced, Hinoka taking their kids away with her.

[Tsukushi nth time having a dream about being rejected]
Hinoka: "Did you have another dream about me rejecting you again?"
Tsukushi:...Yes...
Hinoka: Do you need a hug?
Tsukushi: ... yes please!

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

oh we've made it!! i will never forgive tsukushi for making my girl hinoka cry tho

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

muteKi posted:

White Rose posted:

Poor Hinoka. I wonder if Tsukushi realizes she has just hurt her horribly.

I wonder if she realizes Hinoka can only take her attitude as cold rejection.

Probably not.

I think the funniest thing that could happen is if the next chapter opens with Hinoka having a dream where Tsukushi returns her kiss and then gets really depressed and anxious about it

LET'S FUCKIN GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Am I the only one thinking the drama of what happened at the beach felt completely unnecessarily and just some cheap drama cash in?

No, you're not.

And Hinoka's suffering in this chapter is another thing that shouldn't have happened.

To end up crying bitterly and saying "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have kissed you, please don't hate me..." No. Just no.

joined May 9, 2017

Congrats, Tsukushi. You just got yourself one heck of a girlfriend!

And, oh yeah, Hinoka, you found herself one too, I guess.

That's harsh for Tsukishi. She has plenty to offer as well and Hinoka is also really lucky to have her as her girlfriend.

Like most people, I don't get why the confession when this way, but well, they are together now, ans while I would have prefer Hinoka not to feel that distressed, I also have to admit that her anxious/crying face was also really cute... (only because it was for a short while though).

Waiting for the double date now :)

joined Aug 21, 2017

LET'S FUCKING GOOO

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

FINALLY!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Cue for the MC to wake up from a dream.

joined Feb 28, 2024

Anyone have the Hinoka's selfie pic from chapter 11? She is so gorgeous <3

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

Here we go, you unbelievers! Some of you can clearly never be pleased. ;)
(Now cue: "This was all Hinoka's dream" this time or something.)

joined Aug 20, 2022

Clearly to make up for the trouble Tsukushi caused, they should make out a bunch :3

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Nya-chan posted:

Cue for the MC to wake up from a dream.

see, you get it, you understand the vision.

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

ok there's no way they can fuck up past this point

PendragonVMAX
Artoria
joined Sep 12, 2018

Chris' sake that confession is the gayest shit ever!!!

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Please don't be a dream

Please don't end it for at least another 100 chapters

last edited at Mar 3, 2024 7:32AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

No need for the perfect place or the perfect setup, just the perfect confession, and that's what we got. No more misunderstandings now. (Unless it really was all a dream.)

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Now await the sequel "My One-sided Yuri Crush on My Best Friend Started with a Dream Where I Was Accepted." It should be fun!

joined Dec 12, 2023

i was kind of hoping the series would start turning into a direction i'd actually enjoy, but i guess we aren't off the "will they won't they" train just yet... i'll check back in a year and hope that there's some actual development by then

seems actual progress MIGHT be happening! however that last line on the last page makes me feel severe dread wwwwww

Untitled4_20220617084819
joined May 12, 2022

FUCKING FINALLYSKWKKW THIS BETTER NOT BE A FUCKING DREAM

Tumblr_inline_nhvrix3pa41suuiq8
joined Feb 16, 2018

So lovely :')

Get ur girl Hinoka!

Untitled
joined Jan 23, 2022

"Guess this is how our yuri started with me getting rejected in a dream ?"

To reply you must either login or sign up.