Forum › How Do I Get Together With My Childhood Friend? discussion

Tumblr_6092d594b3a92296a4d35bac1b1a474c_c2d1131f_400
joined Apr 4, 2022

the sheer density is gonna cause a singularity in the time space continuum

joined May 10, 2021

I don't get how is this so tiring, but at the same time so sweet and endearing.
They're so dumb and cute.

joined Sep 13, 2022

between these two and hinoka/tsukushi from rejected in a dream im not sure whos the bigger idiot couple lol

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

between these two and hinoka/tsukushi from rejected in a dream im not sure whos the bigger idiot couple lol

different flavors, equally delicious xD

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

These two for sure. Hinoka and Tsukushi actually made moves. Not to mention Hinoka actually knows Tsukushi likes her.

joined Jul 8, 2019

SO CLOSE! - yet so far...
damn

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I don't particularly care for this since it swapped PoVs, Yuzu was more fun when it was implied she had a subtle crush but wasn't aware about relationships much.
Right now she just kinda became a fairly stock useless lesbian character, she doesn't have the uniqueness she had before.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Minami just doesn't have Hinoka's infinite rizz levels to get the job done without a bit more fumbling, I guess. Yuzu is less useless than Tsukushi, though!

Maybe they'll do a big climatic declaration of intent to court on Christmas...

joined Feb 1, 2021

This is the manga equivalent of watching a puppy try to climb a flight of stairs

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

Im going to krill myself

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Insert that "Just date already!" screenshot from Frieren.

__amaori_renako_and_ouzuka_mai_watashi_ga_koibito_ni_nareru_wake_naijan_murimuri_drawn_by_monsieur__d7bc0a80fd23f14c58ed2720509220b2
joined Oct 15, 2021

I"M FUMING BROOOOOOOO

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Yuzu completely overwhelmed by the doki. Although Minami isn't doing much better, especially at the crucial moments.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I don't particularly care for this since it swapped PoVs, Yuzu was more fun when it was implied she had a subtle crush but wasn't aware about relationships much.
Right now she just kinda became a fairly stock useless lesbian character, she doesn't have the uniqueness she had before.

I can see that, it was pretty disappointing that there was no real mystery about Yuzu or anything complicated, but she was just a typical character from the start but the author just inexplicably didn't show any of it. That part in this chapter where she actually recalled the planetarium feels like pointing out their own writing mistakes - yeah she didn't notice it was a date because two chapters ago Yuzu's personality inexplicably switched :P

... that being said, I prefer stock useless characters to bad writing of previous chapters, that reveal should have happened in one of the early chapters. So I'm liking this more now, for the same reasons you don't like it anymore :P

joined Jan 6, 2017

two chapters ago Yuzu's personality inexplicably switched

Did you miss that part where Kamiya forced Yuzu to stop bottling her feelings? It is a very explicable switch

Long buried feelings begin welling up once more

last edited at Feb 10, 2024 2:17PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Did you miss that part where Kamiya forced Yuzu to stop bottling her feelings? It is a very explicable switch

I didn't miss it, I just don't buy it as an explanation :P

last edited at Feb 10, 2024 3:45PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That's OK, you can have it for free. ;)

joined Jan 6, 2017

Well, in that case you're just deliberately missing the point

Yuzu's character changed in the exact same way as Minami's did at the start of the series for mostly the same reason (forced to acknowledge their romantic feelings after being confronted with the possibility of their crush dating someone else) and before that they weren't at all thinking about the way they were behaving toward one another, Minami because she wasn't aware of her feelings and Yuzu because she was repressing them.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Yuzu's character changed in the exact same way as Minami's did at the start of the series for mostly the same reason (forced to acknowledge their romantic feelings after being confronted with the possibility of their crush dating someone else) and before that they weren't at all thinking about the way they were behaving toward one another, Minami because she wasn't aware of her feelings and Yuzu because she was repressing them.

I think it was executed very poorly, doesn't mean I'm "deliberately missing a point" (what the hell does that even mean :P) It's similar only superficially - for one thing Yuzu actualy confessed before the manga even started, and we also got these (extremely) small glimmers that she still remembers even before the author felt the need to introduce the third character. But we're supposed to accept at face value that while all of this was going on, she was simultaneously completely oblivious like on that planetarium date (and all the other chapters really). That's not repressing feelings, that's just the author trying to pull a dumb plot twist (that everyone saw a mile away anyway), while the story suffered for it in the meantime. I don't think that whole progression was at all believable and that's why I didn't like it.

But anyway, I'll reiterate I'm glad we're past that point, story is already better for it.

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

Is there any way to know which magazine a manga series (For example, this one) is published in?

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

"Communication is key" says the cruel mangaka who has forbidden them to communicate,

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

Is there any way to know which magazine a manga series (For example, this one) is published in?

Usually you can go to the author's Twitter page or other social media. They usually promote the release of new chapters. Here's where this series is published https://storia.takeshobo.co.jp/manga/osakano/

Anime%20girl%20bong%20small
joined Jan 1, 2022

They definitely did completely swap Yuzu with a new character. But I like this new Yuzu better, she actually reacts to things.

last edited at Feb 14, 2024 1:38PM

4dcdb845-8d95-436e-88de-33f14a592567
joined Dec 25, 2022

I think it was executed very poorly, doesn't mean I'm "deliberately missing a point" (what the hell does that even mean :P) It's similar only superficially - for one thing Yuzu actualy confessed before the manga even started, and we also got these (extremely) small glimmers that she still remembers even before the author felt the need to introduce the third character. But we're supposed to accept at face value that while all of this was going on, she was simultaneously completely oblivious like on that planetarium date (and all the other chapters really). That's not repressing feelings, that's just the author trying to pull a dumb plot twist (that everyone saw a mile away anyway), while the story suffered for it in the meantime. I don't think that whole progression was at all believable and that's why I didn't like it.

But anyway, I'll reiterate I'm glad we're past that point, story is already better for it.

I mean to be fair that kinda thing has happened to me, you just kinda deal with it and nearly forget it but never move on. Then at the slightest hint of a relationship fly off the hinges lmao.

4dcdb845-8d95-436e-88de-33f14a592567
joined Dec 25, 2022

I mean to be fair that kinda thing has happened to me, you just kinda deal with it and nearly forget it but never move on. Then at the slightest hint of a relationship fly off the hinges lmao.

To reply you must either login or sign up.