Forum › Reliance discussion

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

This makes zero sense. Usually, once you discount a bit of stuff around age, this mangaka dishes some pretty dashed good characterization. But this is just--I mean, "Hi, I'm clearly malevolent, just look at the villain smile, I messed you up before, and my intentions towards the person you care about are questionable at best. Swear fealty to me! If you really care about that person you'll do it!" "Oh, sure, that sounds good."

Really, WTF?!

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

This could be a case of double crossing. She says she swears fealty but she really just gets a foot in the door to disrupt the plans and protect Shiki once she learns the exact nature of the plan or when things come to a head. We'll have to see ig

joined Oct 1, 2022

that girl is crazy!! and the other idiot who plays along with the fucking Four Eyes!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I just wanted to step in and remind everyone once again that stories by this mangaka, including the one that this was spun-off from, routinely include an enormous amount of normalized surveillance—people following, spying on, and what to normal humans would be considered a criminal level of stalking (at least) characters without other people batting an eye. It’s treated like curiosity or interest or something.

Things might end up being different this time—this is pretty blatant behavior. I wouldn’t put too much money on it, though.

last edited at Jan 28, 2024 1:46PM

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

^
I dunno, the shear levels of hubris she's giving off makes me think this whole scheme of hers is gonna come crashing down on her head.
Will prepare the popcorn in...a month or so

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^
I dunno, the shear levels of hubris she's giving off makes me think this whole scheme of hers is gonna come crashing down on her head.
Will prepare the popcorn in...a month or so

I agree with that. But straight-up stalking turned out to be basically an age-gap meet-cute in 14-sai no Koi, as well as a bunch of other benign things. So I dunno.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I don't think that teacher would lay her hands on a student. She's just indulging them. Maybe a bad idea, in the long run, but she's not doing anything.

joined Apr 5, 2023

Those kids sure are intense

Artworks-000165609848-75gqpp-t500x500
joined Aug 1, 2015

The Shiki residence is very lively lol

butches-and-chicken
Butches%20yuri
joined Jun 12, 2023

Shiki's big sister is really funny and her little brother is cute

last edited at Apr 13, 2024 7:19AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The Shiki residence is very lively lol

I’ll admit that I’m kind of a sucker for the “OMFG—[family member] brought home an actual friend! Strike up the band!” trope.

To reply you must either login or sign up.