Forum › Akebi-chan's Sailor Uniform discussion

20210727_225006
joined Dec 9, 2021

Oh.....so, it's officially yuri?

Yes.

Oh hell....Iean, that teachers butt aside, I mean, I always thought,it were this subtext thing and all.....or yuri bait, but with this chapter.....hell be DAMNED!

Many were discussing it in different groups, but now.....

50cbf1fa94f751154ffee73259f4d20e
joined Jun 3, 2023

I HAVE BEEN WAITING

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Being the sensitive/emotional type myself, I can definitely sympathize with Komichi overthinking stuff and getting moody over things she has no actual control on. It's also just a normal, integral part of being a teenager. She has a very strong support group, so I'm not worried she'll cheer up and figure it all out in the end ! Also, I'm sure I've said that before, but Komichi's mom sure is a dish isn't she? :O The girl hit the genetic jackpot with her parents, big time.

Sackboypal478!
joined Sep 11, 2022

Being the sensitive/emotional type myself, I can definitely sympathize with Komichi overthinking stuff and getting moody over things she has no actual control on. It's also just a normal, integral part of being a teenager. She has a very strong support group, so I'm not worried she'll cheer up and figure it all out in the end ! Also, I'm sure I've said that before, but Komichi's mom sure is a dish isn't she? :O The girl hit the genetic jackpot with her parents, big time.

Yeah, I found myself relating a lot to Komichi this chapter too. I actually had been very sensitive/emotional myself these past few months myself, so seeing Komichi in that same situation hit much closer to home that it ever has. Just...wow.

Good thing Komichi has her family to turn to. This was an amazing chapter already, I can't wait to see that "super fun place" Kao and Yuwa are talking about!

last edited at Dec 28, 2023 4:25PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

"why?" lmao.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Kao-chan still the best little sister. ^_^

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Sorry, I've been wanting to read this for a while, but is it really yuri? I read somewhere It was just subtext, but now I saw the tag. So, what is it? And is it the main couple or a side one?

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

I just read ch71...

THIS IS AGONY. I AM IN AGONY DIDHRIWHISBDIDHF

joined Mar 24, 2021

Sorry, I've been wanting to read this for a while, but is it really yuri? I read somewhere It was just subtext, but now I saw the tag. So, what is it? And is it the main couple or a side one?

Main couple, it’s reaching the climax at the moment. Quite literally the previous chapter has the main character saying she wants to stay with her and that it’s not just an act. It not being an act is due to the fact they’re filming a play and the play is a romance. So it’s either the greatest bait of all time cough COUGH (looking at you salamander girl) or subtext is out the window.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Main couple, it’s reaching the climax at the moment. Quite literally the previous chapter has the main character saying she wants to stay with her and that it’s not just an act. It not being an act is due to the fact they’re filming a play and the play is a romance. So it’s either the greatest bait of all time cough COUGH (looking at you salamander girl) or subtext is out the window.

Thanks.

72 chapters.... Sigh Gonna make me a cup of coffee and start binging...

last edited at Dec 28, 2023 9:12PM

joined May 28, 2021

Thanks.

You could always watch the anime first, it does a very good job of condensing most of the manga, up to close to where the story is now.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Thanks.

You could always watch the anime first, it does a very good job of condensing most of the manga, up to close to where the story is now.

This may come as a surprise, but I'm not really an anime guy. It hás been years since I last watched an anime (I don't believe Vox Machina and RWBY count). I rather read the mangas. But, who knows? Maybe this will make me interested enough to watch the show.

last edited at Dec 28, 2023 11:06PM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

This may come as a surprise, but I'm not really an anime guy. It hás been years since I last watched an anime (I don't believe Vox Machina and RWBY count). I rather read the mangas. But, who knows? Maybe this will make me interested enough to watch the show.

The anime is quite good! Very high quality, IMHO. I'm keeping up hope that we'll get a season two. It deserves one, for the Tokyo and Play arcs alone.

V_1_25
joined Sep 26, 2022

Komichi hit a little too close to home for me. I remember being just like her back in middle school, where it was really hard for me to talk to people who have gone through tough experiences. I felt like I couldn't talk to them normally since I felt guilty about it.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Chapter 72 reminded me how much I long for an emotionally available and supportive family, it is something that I can't just chalk up as a goal and achieve it. Gosh dang it, I was not ready for it.

Sackboypal478!
joined Sep 11, 2022

Komichi hit a little too close to home for me. I remember being just like her back in middle school, where it was really hard for me to talk to people who have gone through tough experiences. I felt like I couldn't talk to them normally since I felt guilty about it.

Same for me too, but with high school and recently. Not to mention how Komichi realized she had it easier growing up than most of her peers did. I couldn't help but find myself in Komichi's position as well...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Adorable. ^_^

joined May 28, 2021

With how pretty and incredibly likable she is, Komichi could probably become a popular influencer in a real hurry. She's way too pure for that world though, I'd want her as far away from the internet as possible XP

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

So cute! I'd actually watch a spin-off about Akebi being a food vlogger.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

I don't care what you say, I'm still shipping Komichi and Hotaru.

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

Finally, you don't even need yuri goggles to see...

I love Akebi so much, this manga gives me a lot of energy. She's so free and unrestrained, like she's the wind. Lately she's been the breeze before the rain, but the usual headstrong tailwind is good too.

This makes me want to move around. I do have a skipping rope at home... though I can't even do 30 jumps before I have to stop to heave lmao

Edit: Hotaru best girl, really wish I had a little sis like her

last edited at Jan 13, 2024 4:05PM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

With how pretty and incredibly likable she is, Komichi could probably become a popular influencer in a real hurry. She's way too pure for that world though, I'd want her as far away from the internet as possible XP

As far as the internet goes, she needs to be in the good (better?) areas of the internet. Perhaps, for instance, a certain small community with a particular interest and perhaps some important insight into the dynamics of intimacy between two girls...

More seriously though, I do like, especially with how likable and popular she is, that she's shown to have these concerns that legit every person has had at some point. It sounds a bit odd, but she's perfect without being perfect, or too perfect, to be precise.

Oh, and also, regarding chapter 71 - FUCKING! YES! That felt bizarrely cathartic. I don't really think Hiro will back out of this; I'm choosing to remain hopefully optimistic.

last edited at Jan 14, 2024 8:45AM

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Well, it took a while but I'm now caught up. What a fantastic story, I love it!

V_1_25
joined Sep 26, 2022

This little vlog chapter is so cute

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Good grief, are they cute sharing a bun.

To reply you must either login or sign up.