Forum › Love Bullet discussion

joined Oct 9, 2011

I'm probably wrong, but this chapter has me wondering if perhaps Koharu is in a coma and the premise of the story is Koharu doing well as a Cupid so she can wake up and be with Aki. I normally hate coma theories but this chapter just got me wondering.

Well, your suggestion is actually an interesting idea.
As long as if what she did in the coma as a cupid happened.
Most reasons coma theory boil down, didn't happen so has no meaning

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

"I wanted to fall in love, now I have regrets" -> "Ok, become a cupid and never get the chance to fall in love ever again because rules say so"

Now I wonder who is forcing this on the girls. It's clearly not with the best intentions in mind. x.x

I mean, last chapter it was stated that they do all that work in order to get a second chance at life (and thus, love). It’s possible the story could take a dark turn into “they’re lying to you” territory, but’s it also conceivable that being a cupid is a sort of purgatory for souls who want to try again.

Subarashiki Kono Sekai vibes

Criminy! I thought Neku had it rough!

Actually, cupid duty seems a lot more fun than the reaper game. Not as many cool songs and outfits, though.

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

Anime survival tips #453: If you're planning on having a life changing conversation, don't do it next to a construction site!

joined Oct 12, 2021

This is shaping to be very interesting. Seems we're in for a good ride, so strap it up.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I'm probably wrong, but this chapter has me wondering if perhaps Koharu is in a coma and the premise of the story is Koharu doing well as a Cupid so she can wake up and be with Aki. I normally hate coma theories but this chapter just got me wondering.

Isn't that wishful thinking that the two will get together in the end?

Remember that it apparently took her 6 years to even become a cupid

joined Jan 21, 2020

Isn't that wishful thinking that the two will get together in the end?

Remember that it apparently took her 6 years to even become a cupid

Its wishful thinking cuz i damn well wish that would happen, these poor girls deserve it :((

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Wake up, Cupid. We have a city to burn.

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

Why do I have a feeling Koharu will have to shoot Aki at some point, maybe when Koharu thinks she's gotten used to the cupid life or in the final arc for example?

Images%20(24)
joined Jan 22, 2022

this shit is so fun

Pic%20(314)
joined Nov 19, 2023

wake up soldier

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Just wanted to add a 'thank you' to the translator for the explanation of the names going from Kanji to Katakana - nice touch that gets lost in English.

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

might be weird but i'm already shipping koharu and kanna together

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

might be weird but i'm already shipping koharu and kanna together

Reading through the comments you're not the only one lol

Page 29 (with Aki hovering over Koharu as she dies) and Page 32 (with Kanna hovering over Koharu as she wakes up) have the same panel layout but in reverse order. I'm jumping on the delulu train and deciding that has to mean something

Wtf%20kitty%20dynasty%20pfp
joined Oct 24, 2023

Am I missing something? Why would they need body armor?

Space Sancho Uploader
Sancho%20copy
Sancho Step
joined Oct 13, 2023

Presumably the body armor would protect from love bullets/ammo - the only times in Chapter 0 the Cupids were hit were when body armor was rendered useless (Kanna was shot in the head and there's not much you can do with a grenade at your feet).

In general it looks like more of a personal preference for the Cupids. Chiyo is the least protected + casually dressed in just a flight jacket but is clearly the most competent fighter of the gang, so it could speak to her confidence in winning bouts with other Cupids without needing any protection.

last edited at Dec 9, 2023 10:36PM

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

I wonder how/if they'll wrap the best friend back in. Right now I'm hoping Koharu can reunite with Aki, but I'm not going to be surprised if Kiharu has to shoot Aki at some point and fall in love with one of the other cupids

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

I like how it's literally shipping wars

this manga is popular because the cupids are literally everyone on this site

Emksz5tuyaupjuem
joined Apr 18, 2023

i am hooked

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Eilerci posted:

I like how it's literally shipping wars

this manga is popular because the cupids are literally everyone on this site

It would be hilarious that were true, the cupids would start throwing grenades all the time taking everyone in a 5 meters radius and then throw smoke grenades into girl's high schools for Otome no Teikoku spin offs and then we would call for the tanks in cases like ...I rather not say.

But then we would get the cease fire faction for cases they deem problematic and the terrorist fallen cupids who seek ways to remove the bullets out of hate.

last edited at Dec 12, 2023 12:35PM

joined Jun 16, 2023

I'm not entirely sure that it's functional armor and not just there for the aesthetic, even in-universe. One of the vests looks suspiciously like the ones worn by the adult ninjas in Naruto, and like those seems to have a seam (or even a zipper) running down the centerline in the front... a place that you absolutely do not want a seam on body armor, because that means that you're putting a gap or weak point right over the most vital organs. The other looks like fairly realistic tactical gear, but I can't tell if she has an actual carrier with armor or just a load-bearing vest that has pouches for carrying equipment and ammo that would be worn over armor.

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Shit it's been FIVE YEARS??? Man I don't know if it was a good or bad thing for Kanna to have Koharu be Aki's Cupid right off the bat but Koharu probably would've looked for Aki as soon as she woke up anyway?? It's a painful form of closure for sure... ;_;

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

"even after the incident you were thinking about me all this time, thank you" is funny to me like yeah girl! she confessed to you and then without being able to answer her, you saved her life, got impaled as a result and DIED right in front of her, Aki is never going to forget you. lmao

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Brutal

Mato-san%201%201
joined Jan 10, 2015

"even after the incident you were thinking about me all this time, thank you" is funny to me like yeah girl! she confessed to you and then without being able to answer her, you saved her life, got impaled as a result and DIED right in front of her, Aki is never going to forget you. lmao

Plus if you look at the previous love duration (2013-2024) and the fact that the confession / accident is 2019, that is 6 years of unrequited love it's is pretty safe to say: she's down very bad.

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

A translation team in Vietnam said that Chiyo could be the cupid that appeared at the beginning of chapter 0. That means she has been a cupid for several hundred years. Yet she still hasn't been returned to her human life. Which means either a lot of "krama" is needed for that, or she caused so much trouble that all her "krama" was removed.
Edit: 100th comment

last edited at Jan 18, 2024 8:58PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.