Forum › Love Bullet discussion

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Well, that’s a hell of a way to kill a character. Like, I figured she was going to be hit by a car or something, not impaled by falling rebar. I have to give the author credit for going with a less tropey death. I also like how the gash on Koharu’s forehead became the red streak in her hair. I wonder if that’ll become significant later on.

also i gotta wonder, what happens if there's literally no compatibility? like does it fail to have any effect, or what

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/love_bullet_ch00#60
Based on this page, I imagine it would just have no effect if both sides were completely incompatible. So you’d have a wasted shot and possible collateral, but little else.

What I find interesting is that in most media and so forth getting shot by the local cupid type of thing is full on love-of-your-life you don't get over it kind of love, whereas here it seems that if it stays one sided long enough, one can. Makes some of the collateral damage of cupid fights less tragic, I suppose.

Also worth noting that OG Cupid had two kinds of arrows; the lead ones either ended love or made someone outright dislike a person. Makes me wonder if there will be anti-cupids or fallen ones consumed by their jealousy later on.

That anti-cupid would be cool. Something like, “I lost my chance at love, so I cannot allow anyone else to ever love again.” After this chapter, I could even see Aki being revealed to be one of those down the line. Either that, or reappearing in the form of one Koharu’s assignments.

last edited at Dec 5, 2023 11:35PM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

"I am the way and the light, except occasionally* the light is muzzle flash." - the Goddess employing these Cupids, probably.

*: The Occasion is a day ending in 'y'.

joined Aug 21, 2017

That was so much darker than what I was expecting, but I guess it makes sense given the lore of how cupids are created.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Well now I'm sad

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

I saw the comedy tag in chapter 1, that was the biggest lie since Jeffrey Epstein suicide

last edited at Dec 6, 2023 2:14AM

joined Jan 20, 2021

This manga is wild. It can go in so many directions and I’m here for it all

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

"I wanted to fall in love, now I have regrets" -> "Ok, become a cupid and never get the chance to fall in love ever again because rules say so"

Now I wonder who is forcing this on the girls. It's clearly not with the best intentions in mind. x.x

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

"I wanted to fall in love, now I have regrets" -> "Ok, become a cupid and never get the chance to fall in love ever again because rules say so"

Now I wonder who is forcing this on the girls. It's clearly not with the best intentions in mind. x.x

I mean, last chapter it was stated that they do all that work in order to get a second chance at life (and thus, love). It’s possible the story could take a dark turn into “they’re lying to you” territory, but’s it also conceivable that being a cupid is a sort of purgatory for souls who want to try again.

277518907_284798580472730_8969942845314652470_n
joined Sep 19, 2021

i see we are in kivotos now

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I mean, last chapter it was stated that they do all that work in order to get a second chance at life (and thus, love). It’s possible the story could take a dark turn into “they’re lying to you” territory, but’s it also conceivable that being a cupid is a sort of purgatory for souls who want to try again.

Subarashiki Kono Sekai vibes

277518907_284798580472730_8969942845314652470_n
joined Sep 19, 2021

uhhhh, so she became a cupid after being confessed? what about the fate of her friend. bro you can't leave me hanging like this, i wish they get a happy end together with both being cupid or sth.... the system should be fixed

joined Mar 26, 2021

what about the fate of her friend. bro you can't leave me hanging like this,

It'll probably become a plot point in the future. I guess Koharu will be forced to make Aki fall in love with someone. Or maybe Aki, having lost the one she loves, was unable to find love again and will become a cupid herself... oh, the DRAMA!

joined Jun 8, 2022

I had already filed this as 'Dead Like Me', but cupids instead of reapers in my head. Seeing the protagonist's abrupt death only makes me consider it more, despite the differences. And now I'm imagining a comical bit with a half dozen sets of different behind-the-scenes invisible to normals type people, each with their own esoteric and fateful purpose. Cupids and reapers and guardian angels and whatever else just awkwardly acknowledging eachother's presence while the actual living people are almost crowded out visually and entirely unaware.

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

You're finally awake.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

The perfect job doesn't exis-

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I was wondering what people found so funny about this, is because I skipped chapter 0...

Screenshot%202024-04-26%20233149
joined Jan 17, 2021

It's interesting. I want all of it to consume my feeble existence.

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

tf you mean comedy??? This is sad as fuck

Also page 30 and 31 are pure art

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I was wondering what people found so funny about this, is because I skipped chapter 0...

You weren't the only one!

I hope cashier x Hina pops up again at some point.

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

I really like this a lot so far.

Koharu was already a perfect Cupid in her life, and tragically she was moments away from love herself.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I'm probably wrong, but this chapter has me wondering if perhaps Koharu is in a coma and the premise of the story is Koharu doing well as a Cupid so she can wake up and be with Aki. I normally hate coma theories but this chapter just got me wondering.

Akko%20x%20mari%2007
joined Mar 20, 2016

I'm probably wrong, but this chapter has me wondering if perhaps Koharu is in a coma and the premise of the story is Koharu doing well as a Cupid so she can wake up and be with Aki. I normally hate coma theories but this chapter just got me wondering.

That'd be an interesting route to take.

Akko%20x%20mari%2007
joined Mar 20, 2016

Subarashiki Kono Sekai vibes

Criminy! I thought Neku had it rough!

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Oof.

That's...poor Aki. :(

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Poor girl

To reply you must either login or sign up.