joined Jul 10, 2021

Hate this

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

...real

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

So they sleep together all cuddly-like before one of them just leaves? That's just ... weird.

They met in high school(?) and bonded over manga and have been together seemingly for a while, but now the blonde is leaving for somewhere else and she is breaking it off even tho brunette doesn't seem eager to do so. At least that's what I took away from it.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

They met in high school(?) and bonded over manga and have been together seemingly for a while, but now the blonde is leaving for somewhere else and she is breaking it off even tho brunette doesn't seem eager to do so. At least that's what I took away from it.

Why would you sleep like that with someone you broke off with?

joined May 24, 2014

OMG! I love happy endings!

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

For a hot minute I thought this a a NOIR doujin! Seriously! Look at the first page. That is Kirika and Mireille!

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Because it wasn't a dramatic breakup and everyone is different. They clearly had discussed this beforehand and today was just the day.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Well, nothing is forever, so ...cool lil story.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Too poor to sleep anywhere else.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Feels like a super abbreviated version of another manga I read once. Basically, the femme is jealous (and maybe a little resentful) of the butch's semi-successful manga and upset at her own lack of success.

Maybe even a little implication that she's growing up now and that she always expected this to have to happen.

What’s the other manga you read called? It seems pretty interesting.

joined May 24, 2014

I hope this is still a sequel to Still not normal.

Daremo from Parts Unknown
joined May 6, 2022

Too poor to sleep anywhere else.

Good answer.

D2ad4ba6-d1f7-4800-86c3-5a64a1f1e50f
joined Jan 15, 2017

:(

Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

I keep tapping the last page. Then i realized.

me too… and the fact that you read right to left, makes it more sad that it ends with her walking down the street by herself in the aftermath of the breakup instead of the manga ending with a happy memory from the past :(

Fb_img_1552616031041
joined May 20, 2015

Ahhh me duele, me quema, me lastimaaaaaaa :'(

Stare%20-%20copy
joined Sep 1, 2022

So they sleep together all cuddly-like before one of them just leaves? That's just ... weird.

I think it's very deliberately the shorter-haired woman clinging on to the longer-haired one. It's a couple diverging, but it's also clearly the longer-haired woman breaking up with her girlfriend who seems a bit in denial - the long-haired woman tries to dissuade her from walking with her, and has to gently remind her during the walk that it's really over and she really isn't going to be coming back.

Kgprv5p
joined Aug 28, 2016

i feel like a couple like this has a chance of getting back together again after spending some years apart

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

Reminds me a little of this, or maybe an AU of Still Not Normal Today. I'll just echo meadows's remark that I love the way U-Temo's stuff takes me back to earlier times in my life and makes things that felt horrible at the time beautiful.

WANTED Dead OR Alive
joined Sep 22, 2023

I feel like I could use a fuckload of extra info about these two.

36002568_1838354376215521_8722944858664206336_n
joined Jan 21, 2019

aw :(

joined Mar 15, 2015

This was rather depressing, but it does a relatively good job of showing rather than telling, such as the implication that the brunette still loves Nakamura. It might have been nice to have more information as to why they broke up- Nakamura implies that her career in manga didn't work out(if she attends a con again, "it won't be for a major publication"), but also rejects her ex's suggestion that she could have supported them if her ex had sold more copies, so their respective mangas may not have been a factor.

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

I don't know why, but I really like one-shots like these. I feel like they capture a certain emotion that's quintessential to our experiences, and maybe not everyone wants to feel what it's like to be queer artist losing their highschool sweetheart and just wondering what would've happened if they could've done a better job, but secretly knowing it was gonna end the same way anyway... But in the end... It's just nice knowing there's people who can relate.

To reply you must either login or sign up.