joined Oct 26, 2016

We could make a religion out of this...

No, don't

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Something ominous about this chapter.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

That was quite desolate. But I suppose the punchline will be that time is no longer absolute and Shimeji returns after what she thinks was twenty minutes.

Purple_rgb125-0-175
joined Jan 31, 2018

I really enjoyed catching up, though I'm still as confused as I was in the first chapters lol. It's probably not the kind of story that can be summed up in a single point, though.
The 2 themes that I see throughout the story are the following :

1) Humans use their will to gain increased freedom from restrictions (through science for instance), but they find themselves in new situations of restrictions : the limits of imagination, the chaos of a world where nothing is tangible and susceptible to being changed when left alone, the inability to change yourself as easily as you can change the external world, the constraints that result from living with other humans (or other beings, as chapter 46 shows an example of how even a Goddess cannot prevent war).
Some actively seek the increase in freedom (Shijima's sister), some resist it (the gardener), others don't really care (Shijima) but no one seems to be able the affect the direction of that change - the same way that no single human currently can decide to just stop collective technological progress for instance.

2) The mysterious nature of reality : is the universe a story, a dream, a song, a dance, a material observable thing external to us, a simulation ? What does it mean to exist ? To be separate from someone else ? All the characters have different perspectives on the matter, and different ways of relating to the absurd world they are in, but it seems that no matter what their answers are, the main characters ultimately long for human connection at the end of the day (not super certain that this is really the trend, it's just that ch44 p08 seemed quite important to me : "The stories that began as legends are gradually shifting towards anthropocentric themes").

Looking forward to how it will end.

last edited at Jul 6, 2023 11:19AM

Purple_rgb125-0-175
joined Jan 31, 2018

Yeah I have no idea what's going on in terms of dream / reality but maybe that's the point. But looks like Shijima is finally leaving her shell in order to connect with others.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Humanity is transitory. But trains are eternal.

Undertale%20deltarune%20fukufire%20skateboard%20gay
joined Aug 4, 2021

find your woman shimeji

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That was surprisingly lovely, even with the separation, especially considering what Shimeji was dreaming of when it came to Majime. Just this page alone warms my heart like nothing else.

last edited at Jul 28, 2023 8:59AM

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Its like, I understand, but also have no fucking clue what is going on anymore.

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

She better reunite with Majime

joined May 25, 2022

we trailblazing now

Kgprv5p
joined Aug 28, 2016

worm........................

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nice.

Purple_rgb125-0-175
joined Jan 31, 2018

Feels like we're approaching the endgame since Shijima is opening herself more to other people. I guess her whole arc is a deep desire to connect but being utterly confused as to how to do it and being afraid of what it entails. Total isolation from others and the breakdown of boundaries seem to be the 2 extremes that this story has oscillated between, but now Shijima seeks connection on her own terms, rather than being forced to do so because of various conditions in the world or other people.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Feels like we're approaching the endgame

The last page quite literally says the next one is the finale, yes.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

It's been one Hell of a ride.

Riamu
joined Aug 28, 2018

So happy we get to see Chito Yuuri one more time

Purple_rgb125-0-175
joined Jan 31, 2018

Feels like we're approaching the endgame

The last page quite literally says the next one is the finale, yes.

Oh I never read these messages on the side, thanks. Excited to see how it will end.

joined Aug 23, 2011

I like how with such a trippy story and setting, the main drama was a result of a plain human reaction to getting segz rejected. Nice contrast between the transcendental and the mundane.

joined Aug 21, 2017

This goes so hard

Unnamed
joined Sep 11, 2019

Yeah boy we trippin'
Odd end but i never expected to be a "conventional" one xd

last edited at Nov 28, 2023 12:06AM

joined Mar 18, 2018

Now when it's done, I can say that I still don't know what's going on XD

joined May 24, 2014

On heaven everything is fine~

You got your things~

And I got mine~

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I'm positively surprised that ended on a relatively positive note.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

I'm not exactly sure what was going on in the end there but they ended up together and that's all that matters to me. I'm happily confused with this ending. Thanks translators, these introspectives must be especially hard to translate but you guys did awesome.

To reply you must either login or sign up.