Forum › The Desperate March of Love discussion

joined Aug 1, 2022

I enjoyed this first chapter. It's so rare for a romance manga to start with a confession, and then have the conflict arise from both parties trying to navigate what to do while already in a relationship. That in and of itself is enough to make me want to read it, and the characters and artstyle are all very cute.

Complete agreement. I'm really looking forward to these girls learning what love is and to continue EFFECTIVELY COMMUNICATE with eachother. I wonder if it'll be something like a more subdued How Do We Relationship.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Definitely has potential and really love the art. Looking forward to seeing where it goes

Yipeevois
joined Nov 29, 2022

pretty art
angst due to misunderstandings and them learning to communicate properly

This will be interesting ngl

last edited at Sep 18, 2023 11:47PM

Ejvogqrxgae48vj
joined Aug 18, 2019

wow liking this so far. I like that instead of the cliche yuri "I'm happy as long as I can stand beside you," she said actually it would be easier if you just hated me

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

Say what you will about Ami but at least she's being honest on pg.20

Better than those types that say "I'll spend all my time with you!" out of a sense of obligation and then drop you after 2 weeks

Img-thing
joined Jan 19, 2016

it seems like she's a natural player without even realising it

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, time to teach her, then.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

oh girl... you've fallen for a sadist.

Bald
joined Jul 26, 2019

This is the face of pure evil.

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

I feel like there's a line between teasing someone and being emotionally manipulative, and Ami's certainly crossing that. I don't get the idea of wanting to see your partner emotionally distraught, it just feels like being an ass to someone who cares about you deeply. Is this just some weird Japanese cultural thing where borderline abusive relationships are normalized or what?

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

The only thing that keeps sticking to me is the tear licking shot.
/////

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Oh wow, I'm really liking this. Ami is awful, but I love it; I find this dynamic really entertaining.

I wonder how long before Rei realizes she's seeing a part of Ami that she doesn't show anyone else.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Caku posted:

I feel like there's a line between teasing someone and being emotionally manipulative, and Ami's certainly crossing that. I don't get the idea of wanting to see your partner emotionally distraught, it just feels like being an ass to someone who cares about you deeply. Is this just some weird Japanese cultural thing where borderline abusive relationships are normalized or what?

Manga are made by Japanese people for Japanese people.

Deal with it.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I get the feeling that Ami might be a psychopath

joined Oct 27, 2018

God I hate crap like this. I will never understand the appeal of the "love" interest acting like a manipulative a**hole. It's not cute or romantic, it's a cry for help, mc needs to get away from this jerk.

joined Jan 21, 2020

Caku posted:

Deal with it.

Ive seen this take against criticism a fair few times now and it has not gotten any less unhinged lol

joined Dec 13, 2020

I wanted to write a pithy and well-argued comment but all that comes to mind are expletives and profanities so let's forget about this and call it a day.

last edited at Oct 4, 2023 2:58PM

Fishy
joined Oct 19, 2020

Not sure where this will go, but for now I feel like tags do not represent the work all that much. When I see comedy, I expect a lighthearted tone and jokes, not psychological manipulation, angst, etc. Even if there is, one might say, visual comedy due to the art style.

I'll still read it, but it definitely requires a different mood than just a comedy romance.

last edited at Oct 4, 2023 3:01PM

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Caku posted:

Deal with it.

And that's why comics are better...

142220480_1294910914226700_370792848566403998_n%20(2)
joined Feb 3, 2021

this is literally psychological horror

Cdcb45166f5d7f864387f38076826b5fa05f1e50182f6f94e614be4b5810c622
joined Oct 21, 2019

You say that as if Japanese manga has only toxic relationships and the stuff from other countries have no toxic relationships at all. Like all those other manga with cute fluffy yuri doesn't exist or that all Japanese people think the relationship in the manga is something normal instead of the author just wanting to write a story about a messed up relationship instead of something more normal.

joined Jan 11, 2014

Oh I can kinda get the appeal of this series now that I've registered the manipulation as like, a two-sided thing. Ami (blondie) needs Rei the same way Rei needs Ami, they just don't know yet. Ami needs Rei in order to manipulate her. If Rei ever backs out, you know Ami's gonna be actually sad/crushed cause Ami seems to genuinely have Rei in mind and genuinely enjoys manipulating the girl for emotional satisfaction.

Now that things are slightly equalized, I feel like I'm strapped to enjoy a fun twisted dynamic.

Waiting for "How about you Rei? Do you like me?" -> "No." The blessed drama!

last edited at Oct 4, 2023 3:36PM

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

It's not that bad

Oh no....

It's not that bad

Oh no....

That's the Kafuka Fuura gaze. We're in for a ride.

Him
joined Feb 21, 2013

this girl is a little twisted lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.