Forum › My Dear Lass discussion

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Dunno if the actual characters are the same at all, but the fact that one of the credited assistants is named as Sixi just makes me read every oblivious Sixi scene as a small instance of the author roasting their friend

Don't mind me, just thinking about this beautiful damn story again

joined Apr 10, 2023

I miss this comic. I've reread what's available like four times because I like it so much.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I miss this comic. I've reread what's available like four times because I like it so much.

You and me, pardner. The author has pretty much written the mcs up against a wall and suspense is unbearable; I'm crazy eager to know what's going to happen now!

You and me, pardner. The author has pretty much written the mcs up against a wall and suspense is unbearable; I'm crazy eager to know what's going to happen now!

I wonder if the translation group has abandoned it? A lot of their other series have had multiple new chapters translated since the last one we got for My Dear Lass. Do they have to make a formal notice before another group can respectfully pick it up?

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

I wonder if the translation group has abandoned it? A lot of their other series have had multiple new chapters translated since the last one we got for My Dear Lass. Do they have to make a formal notice before another group can respectfully pick it up?

We have not abandoned it. We're waiting for cleans from our partner group.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

We have not abandoned it. We're waiting for cleans from our partner group.

Great news. I like this series a lot, and appreciate your efforts.

joined Apr 10, 2023

Reread the most recent chapter with an eye towards redrawing and noticed for the first time that all the dialog bubbles are semi-transparent, with the background art visible through them. Cleaning these chapters must be a whole lot of work, wow.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Our two lasses will get to have a climactic confrontation after trying to save the fair tents perhaps? Wind rippling through their hair and creating plenty of cinematic moments (i hope lol)

Mariya%20and%20karin%202
joined Nov 27, 2022

Was that a secret lil booty grab? A sneaky cheek squeeze? Well played, gentle giant. She really said, "take a picture to remember this day forever, huh?" And Mu didn't react to her at all afterwards. Seems like they're content in their stalemate for now with a strong bond despite of the conflict at hand. Mu is completely unbothered by it and probably wanting more. Shi is such a tease. I'm glad neither of them seem totally downtrodden at the moment. Just give in to each other already! Ugh ♡

last edited at Sep 12, 2023 5:48PM

Was that a secret lil booty grab? A sneaky cheek squeeze? Well played, gentle giant. She really said, "take a picture to remember this day forever, huh?" And Mu didn't react to her at all afterwards. Seems like they're content in their stalemate for now with a strong bond despite of the conflict at hand. Mu is completely unbothered by it and probably wanting more. Shi is such a tease. I'm glad neither of them seem totally downtrodden at the moment. Just give in to each other already! Ugh ♡

I could be wrong, but I don't think that was her hand..? The thumb seems to be on the wrong side for it to be Shi's. Then again, I'm also running on three hours of sleep, lol

joined Aug 24, 2020

She really said, "take a picture to remember this day forever, huh?" And Mu didn't react to her at all afterwards.

Sixi said that in response to Shi.

joined May 24, 2019

The author has pretty much written the mcs up against a wall and suspense is unbearable; I'm crazy eager to know what's going to happen now!

Aaand there's your answer!

It's like in old Greek tragedies: when the story hits a wall, the gods send a natural disaster—like a freak storm no weather forecasts had predicted—to break the plotblock and get things moving!

Our girls will have the chance to scream their true feelings at each other against a background of gale and rain and thunder and lightning and falling trees and flying fair tents!

Our girls will have the chance to scream their true feelings at each other against a background of gale and rain and thunder and lightning and falling trees and flying fair tents!

The art Tracy Hu creates makes me want to see the storm as much as I want to see them doing just that in it, lol

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

A very nice chapter despite the awkwardness between them.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Lovely. So much care and tenderness in their body language. The more they try to create distance, the harder that distance snaps them back together like a tensed rubber band.

last edited at Sep 29, 2023 3:27PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Very nice. Good job, wingman storm.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

eyyy she said the thinggg! you go get your girl Xiaoen!

joined Mar 23, 2022

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH YESSSSSSS LET THE PURSUE MISSION BEGINNNNNNN

MY HEART IS JOYYYYYYYY

joined Apr 2, 2023

FYI Tracy is going to do a live QA on Weibo (link in her IG profile) October 6th talking about recent stuff, her future plans and taking story questions. She's got planned time off a few weeks in Oct. For those worried earlier about her being MIA on socials.

last edited at Sep 29, 2023 8:00PM

FYI Tracy is going to do a live QA on Weibo (link in her IG profile) October 6th talking about recent stuff, her future plans and taking story questions. She's got planned time off a few weeks in Oct. For those worried earlier about her being MIA on socials.

I appreciate that. I've watched her lives after the fact since I don't have an IG account, but maybe Weibo is less invasive than things owned by Google and FB (I'll have to check) and I could make a temp account to join in?

joined Apr 2, 2023

I appreciate that. I've watched her lives after the fact since I don't have an IG account, but maybe Weibo is less invasive than things owned by Google and FB (I'll have to check) and I could make a temp account to join in?

There's youtube guides on how to set up an account in the US (or elsewhere), but if I remember right it requires phone number verification which you might find invasive. If you do plan to sign up specifically for the event I'd suggest doing it now in case you run into any issues vs right before she's live.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

So the tables have turned. It was once the "child" pursuing the "adult" but now the adult is taking the initiative here. They're still up against a lot of issues though, but I'm confident that if Shi Xingyuan is willing to reach out to her team that they can figure something out together.

There's youtube guides on how to set up an account in the US (or elsewhere), but if I remember right it requires phone number verification which you might find invasive. If you do plan to sign up specifically for the event I'd suggest doing it now in case you run into any issues vs right before she's live.

I appreciate the info! I might be able to get around the phone verification through a temp number app—I'll try to get that done this weekend if I have the energy. I joined the AmeriCorps recently as a math tutor, and I'm positively exhausted with the workload. Today was a particularly straining day, so to come home and see a new chapter (and what a wonderful chapter it was!!) really helped calm my nerves. Tracy Hu never misses, she's such a gem of an author!

To reply you must either login or sign up.