Forum › I Wanna Quit Being a Hitman! discussion

joined Aug 11, 2022

Benika's father is a true honest good priest...asking god for forgiveness and saying he will praise his name even if he sins/beyond redemption (Honestly there is nothing to forgive, he is just defending himself and his daughter in self-defense....)

Also he is pretty fking smart!!! Okay he had the clues to figure out that Rose was the same person from the confession booth....but to figure out why he was being targeted...he managed to figure out it was the Rosary (Since clue 1 Rose warned him about his life being target and clue 2 he did nothing to gain attention except meeting the Arch-priest/bishop and getting the Rosary...lol his comment about the Arch-bishop giving him a item many people willing to kill him for it XD)

The way he gauge the other 2 reaction from the fake out Rosary (He pull out key-chains) to look for SUS behavior [Shame on those 2 for not being able to control their expression...good job Father Shirafune!!]

The way he assumed these 2 must be extremely skill hitmen on Rose's level (...not really but close enough), Quality vs quantity stuff.

Him confirming he was the same priest she(Rose) was confessing to and giving her the keyword (there is always a path to forgiveness)

Throwing the rosary to Rose for distraction and going for the backstab while their attention is on Rose+Rosary...lots of guts...too bad he is just a normal priest without combat training and Gina(Sung) stopped it with a fork which isn't surprising since she is skilled.

For a normal person...they would probably just think to just give the Rosary to prevent and avoid any fighting/killing from those 2 random hitmen (Church and hitmen group but Father Shirafune doesn't know that yet, probably thinks they on same side.) but technically Father Shirafune's action is actually THE CORRECT CHOICE!!

Since if he just gave the rosary and they left....Benika still has the [Bomb-cross] on her neck/person....so the Arch-bishop would just kill his daughter + him in an attempt to kill Rose after they leave....Now that Rose has the Rosary the Arch-Bishop cannot explode the [Cross-Bomb] without destroying the Rosary containing all that juicy blackmail info/intel!!!

Also...Hibai & Gina(Sung) is teaming up to hold Benika's father hostage even though they on opposite sides lol...even though I dislike their actions I kind of ship the last picture lol....they teaming up to take on Rose....(Church +Hitmen group/Babylon union)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

And the father is already confirmed to be the smartest character in this manga.

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

Chad Shirafune. I knew I was right to trust him.

_yuri_hime_14_clear_file
joined Oct 21, 2011

Shirafune. A true man of God, because he's willing to commit a sin out of love

joined Apr 4, 2019

There is no way that fork maneuver would ever actually work to stop a knife with stabbing force, especially one handed behind the back. It would either slide off the fork upwards or the fork holder would lose their grip.

joined Apr 14, 2022

There is no way that fork maneuver would ever actually work to stop a knife with stabbing force, especially one handed behind the back. It would either slide off the fork upwards or the fork holder would lose their grip.

Look back to Ch 16/17, and you'll recall this universe operates by the Rule of Cool, not the laws of physics for nerds.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

It's a two handed fork and it's not even close to the most unbelievable thing so far

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Is Rose gonna pull another rabbit out of her wig or is it gonna be an exchange

Or is Shirafune gonna do another cool move

Will Benika finally unveil her Kung Fu Hustle

Find out in the next episode of the Hitman who stole me!

joined May 10, 2021

Yaaaaay, now I'm allowed to hate every but Benika, her dad and Rose!

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Those two sure are cooperative with each other for all that they are working for opposing factions ^^;

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Those two sure are cooperative with each other for all that they are working for opposing factions ^^;

It's mostly because they are both scared shitless of Rose.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

It's mostly because they are both scared shitless of Rose.

yeah they're both taking the same guy hostage and while I'm sure they'd like to take out the opposition they can't really do so without leaving a gap for Rose to exploit so they're in it together until they have what they want and then presumably the bomb will go off.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I know this chapter is supposed to be a serious one, but that final panel of the dad getting a fork and knife shoved down his throat is too damn funny

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Why is Rose engaging in this conversation with a professional verbal manipulator? Shouldn't she be all "this isn't the time.or the place for this conversation, now hand over the priest if you want to live!"

Is she the kind to get rattled if she gets Blindsided?

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Noooooooo don’t put utensils in #1 Dad’s mouth!!!!

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

The shit, she is popping off.

joined Aug 11, 2022

Why is Rose engaging in this conversation with a professional verbal manipulator? Shouldn't she be all "this isn't the time.or the place for this conversation, now hand over the priest if you want to live!"

Is she the kind to get rattled if she gets Blindsided?

Well I don't blame her too much...she got hit by a lot of unexpected things [Discovering the priest she been confessing her sins to and finding solace through is actually her future father-in-law and now revealing she is a hitmen in-front of her girlfriend=scared and vulnerable of her hating and being scared of rose] but yeah she shouldn't be listening to the 2 enemies in front of her trying to gas-lit her and etc.

Logically she should not be listening to it, thinking of plans to disable those 2. Logically she be telling Benika to move out of the apartment and get out of the room so she can focus on saving Benika's dad...

Logically she should be focus on saving Shirafune (Her future father-in-law) and protecting Benika but we are all human and we all have our weak points/moments.....if those 2 tried this sh*t when Benika wasn't around their TALK-NO-JUTSU/GASLIT TACTICS wouldn't be so effective and they would be fking dead by now...Good thing Father Shirafune snap Rose out of any bad thoughts.

If they just try to take either Shirafune or Benika hostage instead of Rose having to worry about both people at the same time then they would be both laying on the ground with slit throats....

But sadly Rose has to try to save Father Shirafune(Hostage) + make sure they do not try to throw a knife into Benika's face/take Benika hostage too + The emotional damage/confusion of now revealing her dark/ugly side to her girlfriend....

Poor Benika though, still willing to try to talk things out...your too good for this world....

Also other stuff....I call bullsh*t about them telling Rose she could have 'quit' any time as hitman/woman...
That would mean going back to being poor and possibly abused+
POSSIBLE HAVING A HITMEN ORGANIZATION trying to ['silence'] her just in case to prevent possible info leaks...*Example 1--> them trying to tail Rose as a test...not very friendly and welcome kind of people to let their workers escape right?*
They don't even allow their hitmen/workers to ask questions not related to work or standard protocol....when Rose wanted to ask some questions they just denied it and made her focus on her job...
They gave no information about how to escape or quit being part of the hitmen(Babylon) group basically when their workers joined....the only way possible is either death, years of hard work to get a chance at retirement due to goodwill for all their years of work or the rare chance at a 'SPECIAL' mission that needs a talent person to do it like Rose...offering said person the freedom to escape their job with lots of money/connections for a new life.

On one hand it kind of shippable how Gina(Sung) and Hibai are pairing up and teaming up to take Benika's dad hostage but on the other hand...fk them both!

Also yeah it kind of funny they putting a eating/utensil knife + fork into his mouth...the scenes looks a bit funny (sorry Father Shirafune) lol XD

last edited at Aug 2, 2023 2:14AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I know this chapter is supposed to be a serious one, but that final panel of the dad getting a fork and knife shoved down his throat is too damn funny

Even better is Rose using a spoon. :D

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I have seen one too many postmortem pictures of folks whose teeth were ripped out as part of torture to be as comfortable with that panel.

joined Apr 14, 2022

^ I must say, I would have really preferred not to read that. Not entirely sure why you're seeing so many of those images, or how it's relevant to the comic at hand (...I struggle to imagine a fork was involved).

(Ch. 37 edit)
Okay, what the actual fuck.

last edited at Aug 3, 2023 12:52PM

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

@RandomFanZ Just so you know, her codename is Sanguinaria, Sang with an A, not a U. It's a flower also commonly called Bloodroot, blood in Latin being "sanguis" from looking to make sure what the exact actual root word is.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

It's quite funny how both sides are exactly the same when it comes to this. And, as always, so very much misguided...

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

hmm, both sides sure are just waiting to blow everything up. So I really have to wonder how Rose is going to get out of this with even just Benika alive.

joined Aug 11, 2022

@RandomFanZ Just so you know, her codename is Sanguinaria, Sang with an A, not a U. It's a flower also commonly called Bloodroot, blood in Latin being "sanguis" from looking to make sure what the exact actual root word is.

My bad, I got the Sung confused with Sang, Typing out Sanguinaria every time when I write Gina was a pain in the butt...Wrote her name correctly in page 25, got her shorten name wrong due to being tried and not paying much attention I guess....but reading the recent new chapter I don't care...she lost my respect so Sung or Sang...meh fk her.

Benika's father is a fking BAD*SS...he may not have any physical training or martial arts skills but his Will-power so far is fking B*das$....also 99.5% correct Gina(Sang) & Hibai spouting non-sense since they are afraid of rose....

Poor Benika...having to see her father get hurt like that....

Sang...Hibai....I fking hope when Rose wins this fight that she will be pulling out at least 5-6 of your teeth of each of you when this ends...though sadly it seems the fight will be interrupted by the Arch-bishop and hitmen leader/Babylon leader...

Rose...I am trusting and believing that you were smart or prepared enough to wear stab-resistance clothing underneath your clothing or else I would be very disappointed...I am not expecting anything super bullet proof but at least hopefully a material to help prevent any serious injuries....

I hope Hibai and Sang/Gina gets hurt from the bomb + Aerial attack but alive yet shocked from them being treated like disposable pawns and MC(Rose), Benika and benika father all make it out alive...

last edited at Aug 3, 2023 1:35PM

joined May 10, 2021

I see no blood, she's fine and about to kick some more asses. As long as not everything goes boom.

To reply you must either login or sign up.