Forum › The Model & The Plain Manager discussion

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

I wish this kinda shit was some weird stretch and that people wouldnt behave like this but yeah, no. This is sadly pretty realistic.

All just from... being near someone that might be a partner.

Akko%20x%20mari%2007
joined Mar 20, 2016

"Super Ugly Photo"? Ayumi, you're sister is a twat.

last edited at Jun 3, 2023 3:37AM

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Social media is anti social.

the_honeybee
20221231_135046
joined Dec 1, 2022

wow the lil sis knows how to deal emotional dmg

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

According to mangadex, next chapter is supposed to be the last. I can't even speculate how the author will wrap up the story in a single chapter.

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

"Super Ugly Photo"? Ayumi, you're sister is a twat.

I don't know why, but your comment made me laugh out loud for a solid 10 minutes. Thank you.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

So a fan fav. model starts dating a guy, and her career is over?! What's the hell is wrong with super fans?! Is it that they are so delusional they actually believe the have a shot at dating her, and the appearance of a boyfriend sends reality crashing down on them, making them bitter.

joined Mar 15, 2015

So a fan fav. model starts dating a guy, and her career is over?! What's the hell is wrong with super fans?! Is it that they are so delusional they actually believe the have a shot at dating her, and the appearance of a boyfriend sends reality crashing down on them, making them bitter.

Apparently, it's just like the idol singer industry, in which idols have to be "pure" and not have a boyfriend(among other strict rules), lest their image be ruined and they find themselves out of work. This part of the idol singer industry is rather infamous, and it apparently applies to other entertainers- for example, the climax of Bakuman is about Mashiro and Azuki's relationship coming to light when the former tries to cast the latter(a seiyuu) as the lead in his anime.

Rsz_1rsz_1white
joined Apr 26, 2019

According to mangadex, next chapter is supposed to be the last. I can't even speculate how the author will wrap up the story in a single chapter.

It says 23 on Mangadex, unless you count from 9 > 10 > 23. I don't think the next chapter will be the last.

last edited at Jun 3, 2023 8:01PM

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Yeah,that ain't her BF!

That's her future wife!

But also,hopefully,bit by bit,one wall smashed after another,all the psychos will be collective eliminated one by one,until they become an insignificant minority that even minorities push out,and finally,famous people can enjoy theit sixth spouse in peace.

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

"that photo of you uploaded online was ugly."

That's a real sibling, right there.

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

It says 23 on Mangadex, unless you count from 9 > 10 > 23. I don't think the next chapter will be the last.

Next is the last. It's free to read on pixiv if you can read Japanese. Where did you see 23?

last edited at Jun 4, 2023 11:39AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

You can watch that mammoth "Episode 1" of Oshi No Ko to get some of the "reasons" for the thought process here. The episode is kind of obsessed with saying that mega fans "want to be lied to" - i.e. the lie that they have a chance.
Of course, that's total bull***t, because they only want one very specific lie. It's entirely plausible that with just one more lie, they could continue with their "I have a chance" nonsense, but they refuse to go through that. They don't want to be lied to, in my opinion. They want to be possessive. To feel powerful knowing they can control this one very large part of their idol's life, even if they'll never have them for real.

last edited at Jun 5, 2023 7:41AM

Rsz_1rsz_1white
joined Apr 26, 2019

Next is the last. It's free to read on pixiv if you can read Japanese. Where did you see 23?

Mangadex has a section in the manga description that lists the final chapter as 23.

I assumed it would be longer since the pixiv mentioned that there’s a volume 2.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Oh that's it?

Maybe a little realistic. Too realistic? I wanted the good gay mushy feelings ):

Some of that. I'm glad Yuria confessed at least.And it's nice to see how much of an effect Ayumi had on Yuria as a person. Over all, this was a good series. I would have loved to see more of it, though.

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

Eh? Finished at ch11?????????? Just like that?

I felt like I watched nothing?

Him
joined Feb 21, 2013

was that the final chapter?

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Character A makes a slightly ambiguous statement.
Character B flat out asks whether it's meant to be taken in a romantic sense.

B..but...that's against the rules?!

Okay, if it's the last chapter, I guess that explains that ...

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

Looking at the table of contents for volume two, it shows that there's still an epilogue chapter left. Hopefully we'll get a bit more of a satisfying ending. Maybe.

joined May 29, 2021

Cute, I suppose, but underwhelming. It feels like it didn’t really get to end.

YuriOverdoseVictim
13821eeb-5210-41e8-bb9a-730437b15163
joined Mar 31, 2021

Was that really the end????

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

What a nice chapter.

Edit: wait, what final?!

last edited at Jun 21, 2023 2:54AM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Ehhhhhhh?! That can't be the final chapter?

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Oof. Speedrun to the confession.
Not mad, it seemed very natural, but it's disappointing that it couldn't be resolved. I'm glad they didn't just jump into everyone's in love and this is a happily ever after. This was very natural for a sudden ending.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I was expecting some advancement in this chapter, not ALL of it! (⁠;⁠^⁠ω⁠^⁠)

To reply you must either login or sign up.