Forum › A Scummy Gap Student With a Hard Life Calls Upon a Lady of the Night discussion

joined Oct 21, 2013

I'm sure if Makino wasn't a scumbag with ulterior motives, she might have been offended at the implication she'd just betray her sister and nto support her.

I'm sure her sister is well aware she's a scumbag and wouldn't have offered money if she wasn't one.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

why is she so stupid LOL

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

The bill...
Oh, Makino, never change.

And a drinking party is a great plan... usually. Alcohol lowers inhibitions. Humans have been using it for at least ten thousand years to make themselves do the things they wouldn't dare to do otherwise. But, oh Makino, darling... this particular problem does NOT call for liquid courage!!!

And even if it did, let's face it: you probably have zero resistance to liquor and you'll get plastered much faster than Maron.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Lmao the fact that Makino originally was supposed to be the complete opposite of herself now and her scummy-ness got out of hand even from the author herself xD

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

And a drinking party is a great plan... usually. Alcohol lowers inhibitions. Humans have been using it for at least ten thousand years to make themselves do the things they wouldn't dare to do otherwise. But, oh Makino, darling... this particular problem does NOT call for liquid courage!!!

And even if it did, let's face it: you probably have zero resistance to liquor and you'll get plastered much faster than Maron.

Also, alcohol + trauma + depression (in Mashiro's case) is not a very good combo. Although if Makino doesn't get plastere first and if Mashiro just opens up to her, this could result in some progress. Wouldn't count on it, though.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

She's such a dumbass lol

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Also, alcohol + trauma + depression (in Mashiro's case) is not a very good combo. Although if Makino doesn't get plastere first and if Mashiro just opens up to her, this could result in some progress. Wouldn't count on it, though.

The first part here is what I think is going to happen. She's already super depressed and she thinks our scummy lead legit just wants to study and be friends first so she's gonna get drunk with her and open up about how depressed etc she is.

Though the other route of Mashiro just getting plastered and passing out also works as well. But I think were gonna get some more Makino backstory stuff and see why she's as bad as she is.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

The first part here is what I think is going to happen. She's already super depressed and she thinks our scummy lead legit just wants to study and be friends first so she's gonna get drunk with her and open up about how depressed etc she is.

Though the other route of Mashiro just getting plastered and passing out also works as well. But I think were gonna get some more Makino backstory stuff and see why she's as bad as she is.

We might get the backstory as to why she thinks girls makes for bad friendship

joined Jan 14, 2020

Satou Mashiro: the depressed call girl/tutor
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_scummy_gap_student_with_a_hard_life_calls_upon_a_lady_of_the_night_ch01#37

Makino: our scummy heroine
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_scummy_gap_student_with_a_hard_life_calls_upon_a_lady_of_the_night_ch02#5

(I think we don't get her name in the entire first chapter...)

mnemonic: Mashiro has an 's' for sex

last edited at May 21, 2023 8:32PM

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

It's quite common for the authors' to watch their characters take a life on their own.

Albeit,not studying due to factor X is a pretty understandable one.

Although,studying due to obtain factor Y afterwards is a pretty good way to follow it up.

joined Aug 11, 2022

...Umm...hmm Points at chapter 43--->> She was harassed and bullied for being pretty in HS

Our MC is not very smart but she does have a somewhat 'valid' reason for not wanting female friends and thinks any female friends she makes will eventually drift apart at best (which can be true and false, depends on your friends)....

Not all female friends will betray you due to jealously and you can have a nice good meaningful relationship that isn't just flirting and SEGGS....our MC still needs to grows up a bit but hopefully she can reach that stage after a few dozen chapters while winning over her waifu's love.

Though it does goes to show humans are truly pieces of trash, these piece of trash help shaped our MC into the scumbag she is today after all lol XD

Perhaps if she was surrounded by true good friend then they could have helped changed/directed to being somewhat less of a scumbag but alas what happen happened :D

last edited at May 22, 2023 12:26AM

joined Mar 27, 2021

why is she so stupid LOL

If she made good decisions we'd have to call her Makiyes

joined Feb 11, 2022

chap 5 p7
LMFAOOOOOOOO , Makino : the yuri lord, destroyer of het ships
I'm ded

joined Feb 1, 2021

Something tells me Mashiro isn't going to be a happy drunk.

joined Feb 11, 2022

awww why eis she skiping the scenes in chap 19 ?

oh well as long as I'm getting diabetes from this I'll be good

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

why is she so stupid LOL

Because she has lived a life of avoiding problems rather than solving them

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

...Umm...hmm Points at chapter 43--->> She was harassed and bullied for being pretty in HS

Our MC is not very smart but she does have a somewhat 'valid' reason for not wanting female friends and thinks any female friends she makes will eventually drift apart at best (which can be true and false, depends on your friends)....

Not all female friends will betray you due to jealously and you can have a nice good meaningful relationship that isn't just flirting and SEGGS....our MC still needs to grows up a bit but hopefully she can reach that stage after a few dozen chapters while winning over her waifu's love.

Though it does goes to show humans are truly pieces of trash, these piece of trash help shaped our MC into the scumbag she is today after all lol XD

Perhaps if she was surrounded by true good friend then they could have helped changed/directed to being somewhat less of a scumbag but alas what happen happened :D

On the other hand, if she wasn't a scummy then she may not have looked for a prostitute, which means she might not have met Mashiro... Which means Mashiro would definitely have completed the "self exterminatus process"

joined Apr 16, 2022

the climax of Makino's character arc will be when she finally realizes people genuinely like her when she isn't acting like a scumbag

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Nitpicking: it's Murasaki Shikibu, not Shibuki.

joined Aug 11, 2022

Oh right...MC is around maybe 18-19 in age and in japan and I think/believe the drinking age is around either 19 to 21 (instead of America being 18+ allowed alcohol)???

CURSE YOU REASONABLE AND RESPONSIBLE LAWS OF JAPAN!!!

On the other hand, if she wasn't a scummy then she may not have looked for a prostitute, which means she might not have met Mashiro... Which means Mashiro would definitely have completed the "self exterminatus process"

...Technically you are kind of right since MC scummy personality is sometimes helpful but technically MC found Mashiro due to pressing on an AD on her phone by accident and seeing that she looks like her favorite character...

I mean technically MC could have been less scummy but still failed her college exam to get into a college then decided to still meet Mashiro through the site from pressing the [ad] due to wanting love/comfort since she is into girls and there was no one into yuri at her high-school to have her first time with
--> thus similar interaction like story except MC isn't totally scummy...which isn't as funny and amusing though but probably just maybe heart-warming XD

...now though why does her Ads redirect her to a Yuri-Prost*tue-site...must have been reading too much yuri manga(Hent*i) on her phone I guess?

Aizawa-san
joined May 25, 2018

Drinking age in Japan is 20, and US is 21, so if we're measuring how reasonable and responsible a country's laws are by that the US wins.

(ok so actually legal drinking age in the US can vary by state, though all states still restrict drinking to 21, but some with exceptions, and you need to be 21 to buy alcohol in the entire country except Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands)

last edited at May 26, 2023 12:02AM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Drinking age in Japan is 20, and US is 21, so if we're measuring how reasonable and responsible a country's laws are by that the US wins.

(ok so actually legal drinking age in the US can vary by state, though all states still restrict drinking to 21, but some with exceptions, and you need to be 21 to buy alcohol in the entire country except Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands)

Meanwhile here in Germany you can drink and buy beer, wine and sparkling wine at 16 and anything alcoholic, including spirits at 18. Heck, you're even technically allowed to drink the light stuff like beer in public when you're 14, as long as you're accompanied by a legal guardian. I didn't even know that last part myself until I looked it up just now xD

last edited at May 26, 2023 12:10AM

joined Jan 14, 2020

US: "you can buy guns and due for your country, but not buy a beer"

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

The chibi character cast for Genji Monogatari is ADORABLE and I love Mashiro for drawing it.

But I wonder... what is Murasaki Shikibu x Sei Shounagon? A yuri doujinshi?

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

My old driving instructor used to say, if you can't get boozed up before you can drive, you will absolutely underestimate the effect alcohol has on your mental faculties.

With the US driving age being 16 compared to a drinking age of 21, I'd argue the laws here in Germany (ICYMI on the last page, drinking in accompaniment can start as young as 14, driving age is somewhere between 14 and 18 depending on the type of vehicle) are more reasonable and responsible than the US's.

To reply you must either login or sign up.