Forum › Anemone is in Heat discussion

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Basically all of them are represented. by a flower. Nagisa is anemone

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

It’s been over 2 years, and I still don’t understand why this is called Anemone is in Heat. I guess I’m missing something here. The series itself is still as good as ever though.

I'm pretty sure it's a reference to flower language (anemones symbolizing anticipation and a reminder to enjoy the moment, at least according to google searches). I'm pretty sure the "heat" in the title is intended as deep romantic love, not the animalistic sexuality it usually means. (Maybe something got lost in translation there, can't say for sure.)

Ah that makes more sense. I thought it was talking about sea anemone, so the flower obviously makes more sense haha. I can definitely see how anticipation and a reminder to enjoy the moment relates here. That in heat part was throwing me off too, but it definitely makes sense if it means it in that way. Thanks!

Basically all of them are represented. by a flower. Nagisa is anemone

Oh okay, I didn’t realize that, so that definitely makes more sense. since Nagisa is anemone, I’ll have to find out what everyone else is as represented as. Thanks!

last edited at Apr 25, 2023 11:46PM

Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

Oh okay, I didn’t realize that, so that definitely makes more sense. since Nagisa is anemone, I’ll have to find out what everyone else is as represented as. Thanks!

Here you go: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/anemone_is_in_heat_ch24_5#11

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Here you go: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/anemone_is_in_heat_ch24_5#11

That’s really interesting. Thanks! I’ll try to figure out what these mean for everyone and all.

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

This series is truly the yuri I all ever want and deserve. It doesn't have bullshit drama nor stupidity drastically long pre-dating. The main character at first was a bit annoy but now, they are both super cute & lovable. Surprisingly there ain't much comment for such a wonderful series like this... kinda pity.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Surprisingly there ain't much comment for such a wonderful series like this... kinda pity.

which, if you decide to read comments on your favourite series, may be something of a blessing in disguise, as you don't have to read as much

joined Nov 29, 2013

which, if you decide to read comments on your favourite series, may be something of a blessing in disguise, as you don't have to read as much

I'm not sure I get what you mean. I just wonder what make a story that gets more comments than the other. Because I saw some manga tha have more than 2k comments (some is very good, and some is shit). Just curious of mine, that's all.

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I avoided this for so long cos A) I thought it was a fish reference, not flowers....and B) that it was related to the not lizard title (I loved it but I didn't like the ending), and guess what? I am looooooving this!!!!!!!!!

joined Nov 29, 2013

A) I thought it was a fish reference... and B) that it was related to the not lizard title

Hey, I know this reference - captain yuri after a long napping in iceberg :3

10350345_10203915261036022_4042905298182130354_n
joined Mar 1, 2015

I wouldn't be surprised if Mashiro's health would be tackled in the future but we will have Doctor Nagisa for that.. Nagisa is literally researching more about recommended medical schools just for Mashiro..

joined Nov 29, 2013

Is it just me or we really have polyamory storyline around the corner?

joined Apr 16, 2022

While I love Anemone, it's been a very predictable manga up until this point. But the end of chapter 31 implying that Nanjou might be starting to reciprocate Riri's feelings legitimately stunned me and now I honestly have no idea how that subplot is going to end. Uda/Riri and Nanjou/Nurse still seems the most likely but Riri/Nanjou would lead to a bunch of interesting plot developments if the mangaka decides to take that route. To be honest the love triangle subplot had kind of bored me but now I'm really engaged with it lol.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

I thought the anemone also had the meaning of unrequited love.
Unless Love Live decided to fool me for no real reason

joined Mar 7, 2023

I'm really not seeing how people think Nanjou will reciprocate in any way to Riri. To me she is 100% fully devoted to the Nurse (forgot her name) and has shown zero interest in Riri romantically. Not only that, the nurse is 100% into Nanjou. I mean did anyone questioning the ship(s) actually read the last chapter before this? They both are totally smitten (Nurse+Nanjou that is) and Nanjou CLEARLY isn't into sharing her love.

Uda has no feelings (romantically) towards Nanjou, not even a hint and has proven to be very jealous over others getting close (ribbon arc). Rriri has been pretty adamant about Nanjou loving only her, even going so far as badmouthing the nurse.

To me the most logical thing will be a massive confrontation between the three (Nanjou, Riri, Nurse), or something that launches Riri into a wave of depression. Or maybe even a final heart-to-heart talk between Riri and Nanjou that will give Riri closure (this is probably most likely as it fits the theme of the manga). I see absolutely zero chance of "poly". Honestly thank goodness. It would just not make any sense, also tbh I dislike it.

I would also like to point out Riri's wish for Nanjou to notice her just once. Just as Uda used her "once in a lifetime" wish, Riri used hers. This further supports my hunch that they will have a heartfelt talk and resolve things. In any case the wait resumes.

joined Apr 16, 2022

I'm really not seeing how people think Nanjou will reciprocate in any way to Riri. To me she is 100% fully devoted to the Nurse (forgot her name) and has shown zero interest in Riri romantically.

You can't say zero interest after this page -- not to mention the "doki" sound effect here. You can't even use the excuse that Nanjou is just surprised or embarrassed because this is like the 100th time Riri has confessed to her.

Now, is this definitive? Of course not, it's only three pages. I still think Nanjou/Nurse and Riri/Uda are the most likely side pairings. But those pages exist for a reason; they're setting up something.

joined Mar 7, 2023

You can't say zero interest after this page -- not to mention the "doki" sound effect here. You can't even use the excuse that Nanjou is just surprised or embarrassed because this is like the 100th time Riri has confessed to her.

Now, is this definitive? Of course not, it's only three pages. I still think Nanjou/Nurse and Riri/Uda are the most likely side pairings. But those pages exist for a reason; they're setting up something.

Yeah, this leads into my statement about how she used her "wish" to get her to notice her. In my head maybe having finally gained security from knowing the Nurses feelings (without saying it), she has let her guard down and now doesn't act coldly to Riri when she confesses, who she cares a lot about (as a friend). Before it was just annoying her, now it's probably sweet or flattering to her. When she was feeling insecure it probably hurt a lot to constantly have her remind her how her love wasn't reciprocated. Maybe I don't know.

Also blushes and Doki's are literally nothing in manga lol. Still, I get what you're saying and it's pretty obvious the author intended this to stir up debate. Which is ultimately always a good thing Imo. It's fun. Even dragged me a lurker for YEARS out.

Also, I would like to mention now if I sound combative it's not my intention.

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

Here we go again...

joined Mar 7, 2023

Here we go again...

*Off-topic but is your Avatar from "The Blue Star on That Day"? If so, you have extremely good taste.

Really need to re-read that pronto.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Uda don't deserve being second-hand in that

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Cute. ^_^

But also doomed. Good thing there's Uda-chan waiting to heal her again.

Just you.

joined May 10, 2021

Please don't be too cheesy with the outcome. Please don't bring Nanjou and Riri closer than they already are. AND PLEASE MAKE UDA HAPPY FOR PETE'S SAKE!
thanks for the update!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

“My feelings were tainted with desire.”

Doncha hate when that happens? There you are, walking around all enveloped in purity, and then WHAM—desire!

It’s a tough world . . .

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I can see where the thought that she might be starting to reciprocate comes from, but that is not how I read this sequence, nor do I generally think this is the direction here. I'm reading this a lot closer to a rather simple shyness/embarrassment/blushiness in an "oh stop it you" kind of way, you know what I mean? Specifically in this series, her reaction would've been a lot more flowery, in all of the literal, metaphorical, and artistic sense, if she were to show actual signs of reciprocation.

Other than that the series has also been very light on turbulence and general fuckery, so I do not expect any last-minute twists of this manner. I'm seeing this as a build-up and lead-up to the eventual "breakdown" where Riri will have to actually confront her feelings and move onwards, most probably with Uda.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Desire is bad.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Desire is bad.

Yes, it makes otherwise wholesome and pure folks want to hold hands.

To reply you must either login or sign up.