Forum › Ayaka is in Love with Hiroko! discussion

joined Sep 9, 2016

And thus did planet Earth cede its place in the cosmos to the glory of a newborn neutron star.

joined Feb 14, 2023

-Confesses that she's looking at her all the time
-Confesses that she only has eyes for her
-Straight up confesses
"Yeah, definitely a straight woman!"

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

Apparently this has over 20 chapters. I'm kind of interested in how they could possibly drag it out that long after starting where they did.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Apparently this has over 20 chapters. I'm kind of interested in how they could possibly drag it out that long after starting where they did.

At this rate we'll be however many chapters in where they're involved in kissing, fingering, cunnilingus, and the chapter will still end on this is why I hate oblivious straight women lmao

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

Honestly, I can kind of get it. I have the experience to attest to the fact that you do NOT expect your crush to be into the same sex. Of course, the type of lines Ayaka says to Hiroko are so fucking gay, though if you're so far down the "Everyone that I know is straight" rabbithole you'll also think that your crush is just insufferably straight.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

This reminds me of the Straight Girl Trap manhua on bilibili lmao

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Hiroko has obvious yuri goggles, hope she doesn't bother that straight girl too much!

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

That series is great.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Pizza, wings, and crying after striking out. Ain't that a mood

joined Apr 28, 2016

The title just sounds so frustrated at the denial that i's been telling Hiroko what's going on lmao

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

You would think that a staunch lesbian womanizer with 50 conquests and dating experience to the max would have a better gaydar than that.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Hahaha I think because she's older and all her juniors admire her at work she thinks Ayaka just really really admires her. She gets the vibes but she denies them because if she makes a move and Ayaka turns out to be straight then Hiroko will be in deep trouble at work. So of course she's freaked out. But yeah really it's exaggerated for gags. But then again if you think of it a boss making a move on one of her juniors is pretty sketchy and even being together isn't the best... haha. So of course Ayaka has to be super over the top obvious.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

It's probably not going to be something the story focuses on, but Hiroko did touch on a good point when she brought up being Ayaka's boss. Depending on how much authority she has vis-a-vis assignments, raises, and promotions, which could be a major ethical dilemma.

That series is great.

Ok. Now you have me curious. Is there an English version anywhere?

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

Ok. Now you have me curious. Is there an English version anywhere?

It's in english on their int'l app.

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

i mean, even if ayaka has dated a lot of dudes that doesn't necessarily mean she's straight, she could still be interested in women
(obviously the audience knows she's not straight but i mean from an in-universe perspective)

last edited at May 7, 2023 4:40AM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

That's because Hiroko is a true zen master at self-delusion, to a degree that makes even other romantic gag manga protagonists look pretty tame.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Hahaha I think because she's older and all her juniors admire her at work she thinks Ayaka just really really admires her. She gets the vibes but she denies them because if she makes a move and Ayaka turns out to be straight then Hiroko will be in deep trouble at work. So of course she's freaked out. But yeah really it's exaggerated for gags. But then again if you think of it a boss making a move on one of her juniors is pretty sketchy and even being together isn't the best... haha. So of course Ayaka has to be super over the top obvious.

I feel like it’s just because Hiroko is putting too much faith in the office gossip. We’ve seen an example of some of the “dozen men” that she’s gone through in chapter 1, and it just seems to amount to dudes who keep asking her out (and who are uncomfortably persistent, in some cases), much to her chagrin. That turned into rumors of her being a player, which Hiroko just decided must be legitimate and conclusive evidence that she’s super straight.

Also, I might have missed something, but is Hiroko actually Ayaka’s boss? I thought she was just a senior coworker.

last edited at May 7, 2023 4:55AM

the_honeybee
20221231_135046
joined Dec 1, 2022

-Confesses that she's looking at her all the time
-Confesses that she only has eyes for her
-Straight up confesses
"Yeah, definitely a straight woman!"

3 years after marriage:
"this is why oblivious straight women are terrifying!"

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Also, I might have missed something, but is Hiroko actually Ayaka’s boss? I thought she was just a senior coworker.

On page 27 she says "I'm a failure of a boss," but what we've seen looks more like a senior coworker, so it's a bit ambiguous.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Yeah I guess senior but that's not very convenient either haha. I mean there's contracts in some companies stating you can't even date a regular coworker. And they mention she's super in the closet at work (understandable in Japan I guess? Though maybe the past few years it's more accepted, not sure).
But yeah she definitely believes the rumors lol, which is kinda dumb but I think it's more a defense mechanism to convince herself to stay neutral haha.
And at the end of the day, you have to get to know a girl a bit before you blurt out that you like her "in that way", otherwise you'll end up in some really awkward conversation because if she's not queer she'll definitely be caught off guard. Except when you live somewhere where people are familiar with LGBT so then it's fine to just say it.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

You would think that a staunch lesbian womanizer with 50 conquests and dating experience to the max would have a better gaydar than that.

I got the impression that Hiroko's "50 girlfriends" were of the same nature as Ayaka's "12 office boyfriends" -- that is to say, largely speculative.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I got the impression that Hiroko's "50 girlfriends" were of the same nature as Ayaka's "12 office boyfriends" -- that is to say, largely speculative.

The fact that she had to resort to an international app does suggest a distinct lack of success.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

The fact that she had to resort to an international app does suggest a distinct lack of success.

"Even on this app, I can't believe I'm only matching with straight women!" I mean obviously the real barrier is her severe social anxiety but hey who hasn't been there huh folks

lord-of-roses
Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Paraphrasing something I read once, Hiroko is putting the L in LGBT.
I can only guess thar, back in her days as a serial womanizer, she fell for a straight girl once and got rejected, which made her rethink both her carnivorous ways and her treatment of girls whose sexuality she doesn't know for certain.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I think the thing with Ayaka, and her "boyfriends" is that she's cute (because she puts in the effort), and outgoing. Since she puts a lot of effort into being friendly, people (men) tend to take that behavior as flirting. Which is hilarious, since if they experienced her ACTUAL flirting she throws at Hiroko, they wouldn't last one minute.

Ah! The Pizza of Despair! I remember it well. When you find out the girl you've been crushing on doesn't know you're alive. When you spent two weeks, eating undressed salads for lunch, just to fit into that little, black ensemble she said she liked you in in passing, once while you were in an elevator together, and she was only saying it to fill up the dead silence between you, whenever you're alone at work , and you're only quite because you don't know what to say without throwing up all over her shoes, and you're sweating so much, when did you start sweating? Did you put on deodorant? Would she notice if you sniff yourself. OHMY GOD DO I STINK? I JUST WISH THE FLOOR OF TH ELEVATOR WOULD FALL OUT AND DROP ME TO THE BOTTOM!

And then you go home and eat a hole pizza because nothing matters.

To reply you must either login or sign up.