Forum › Childhood Sweetheart Liaoliao discussion

joined May 10, 2021

So the biker friend was also into Liaoliao huh..

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

So the biker friend was also into Liaoliao huh..

Yeah they were close friends in college and there were rumors that they dated (or people just assumed they were). Seems like she actually did confess (or maybe just realized that LiaoLiao would never forget her real crush and gave up).

last edited at May 4, 2023 3:30AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I like how little Pei Yu is bothered (outwardly, at least) by Ren Xing's repeated attempts to provoke her.

last edited at May 4, 2023 6:06AM

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Okay I think I've fully realized why I am not invested in biker girl and her romance. Well, there are a few reasons (she's too pushy and I kinda can't get into that), but one of the main ones is it feels like its done out of order

This girl was introduced and interacted with Liaoliao basically just once, and then we were introduced to her romance with someone else we had never really met. Secondary romances and characters in stories like these are ordinary and can be extremely good (Wakana in Lonely Girl, anyone?) but it feels like they did it all out of order

I really can't care about this character. She only JUST met the other primary character, and she's been around doing her flirt on with some other girl who is no consequence to the other two. It feels less like a secondary character getting their romance and more like someone who's hijacking the story.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

It's stalker smashing time.

Also,she's going to fall for those aggressive advances eventually,considering the shrinking heart she's got.

Damn,definitely time to crack a skull or several.

And agressively too.

Now to wait n' see where that goes.

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

Okay I think I've fully realized why I am not invested in biker girl and her romance. Well, there are a few reasons (she's too pushy and I kinda can't get into that), but one of the main ones is it feels like its done out of order

This girl was introduced and interacted with Liaoliao basically just once, and then we were introduced to her romance with someone else we had never really met. Secondary romances and characters in stories like these are ordinary and can be extremely good (Wakana in Lonely Girl, anyone?) but it feels like they did it all out of order

I really can't care about this character. She only JUST met the other primary character, and she's been around doing her flirt on with some other girl who is no consequence to the other two. It feels less like a secondary character getting their romance and more like someone who's hijacking the story.

This is all true but I don't think we're meant to feel too strongly about that relationship yet. It's really early days for that one. It's all been played as funny for now, and the model has barely begun to reciprocate or even show an interest.

last edited at May 4, 2023 11:47AM

joined Aug 23, 2011

Gu Yi is probably the stalker. I assume that's the purpose of the second romance, to fold her into the story.

AristocraticRose
joined Apr 3, 2016

I feel the same way

joined May 10, 2021

PEI YU HAS HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR SHIT, WOMAN. And now she's going full sail.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Reading the last two chapters back to back really juxtaposes Ren Xing's pursuit of Hua Fang with Pei Yu's, of Liao. They are both quite forceful, but Hua Fang has already clearly rejected Ren Xing's advances, while Liao seems (intentionally?) too dense to realize how down bad for her her childhood friend and now boss is, prompting Pei Yu to drop increasingly transparent "hints" (if you can even call them that at this point).

last edited at Jul 9, 2023 8:50AM

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Woot~ No takebacksies!!! Go full throttle, Pei Yu.

I liked Ren Xing initially but this is a little too forceful like the kind of "stubborn-persistence-pays-off" kinda thing portrayed in mainstream romcoms. Like yeah, I like them together but maybe try gracefully accepting the rejection and boundaries. You can always respectfully explain that you'd still like to be in their company and ask if they're comfortable with the fact that you may have lingering feelings for a while.

Untitled
joined May 25, 2023

Woot~ No takebacksies!!! Go full throttle, Pei Yu.

I liked Ren Xing initially but this is a little too forceful like the kind of "stubborn-persistence-pays-off" kinda thing portrayed in mainstream romcoms. Like yeah, I like them together but maybe try gracefully accepting the rejection and boundaries. You can always respectfully explain that you'd still like to be in their company and ask if they're comfortable with the fact that you may have lingering feelings for a while.

Agreed. I'm reeeeeally not a fan of how persistent & pushy Ren Xing is being portrayed as & it looks even worse to have Ren Xing's & Pei Yu's chase happening simultaneously.

The whole 'wear them down' approach feels so yucky. Hua Fang hasn't been portrayed as showing any romantic interest in Ren Xing, rather, she's finding it bothersome. Just a total brushing aside of Hua Fang's feelings & boundaries for the purpose of forcing a relationship out of a traumatic situation.

Pei Yu's persistence is at least grounded in their close childhood relationship & flashbacks of LiaoLiao's past, with her longing for Pei Yu. Plus, LiaoLiao is showing signs of interest, regardless of how oblivious & repressive she is towards them.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I liked Ren Xing initially but this is a little too forceful like the kind of "stubborn-persistence-pays-off" kinda thing portrayed in mainstream romcoms.

Same, she's starting to enter creepy territory.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Also,she's going to fall for those aggressive advances eventually,considering the shrinking heart she's got.

And agressively too.

It goes with a sneaky scheme of key placement.

Also.she's shooting her shot!

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

"What if it were you? Of course, that's totally hypothetical, because of COURSE you would never really--"
"Aaaarrrgggghhh!!!!"

Seohyuncropped
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

NGL McSpicy chicken is actually... really good.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Me when Pei Yu chickened out in the last moment: "You were the Chosen One! You were supposed to overcome the Uselessness, not to embrace it! Bring progress to your relationship... not leave it hanging!"

last edited at Jul 10, 2023 5:57AM

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Me when Pei Yu chickened out in the last moment: "You were the Chosen One! You were supposed to overcome the Uselessness, not to embrace it! Bring progress to your relationship... not leave it hanging!"

"I HATE YOU!!!!!"

Untitled
joined May 25, 2023

I think I prefer Pei Yu with darker hair than light blue, tbh.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Wingwoman of sorts says "You scratch my wing, I'll scratch yours--and I'll throw in some food".

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

And agressively too.

It goes with a sneaky scheme of key placement.

Also.she's shooting her shot!

And she took it down herself...well,now for a concert to switch things up.

joined May 9, 2017

This web comic is so bad, it's kind of good. Kind of.

644a9551982db70ad739d195df9452e7
joined Mar 7, 2021

This web comic is so bad, it's kind of good. Kind of.

I keep reading but I don't know why I keep reading it.

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

I've lost the plot, and it seems that author has as well, but I guess it's fine because the art is still great lol...

To reply you must either login or sign up.