Forum › Saying Goodbye to Our Last Winter Together discussion

Fwerpng
joined Jul 25, 2017

Stunning.

joined Jan 21, 2020

Aw man, i love reads like this. Emotional amd angsty enough to make me cry while reading with an ending that leaves me happy and satisfied. Although i will say, one small criticism, the stuff junna says about "having someone waiting for her" is too specific to authentically be about a cat. Feels like the author wanted to pull that for drama (which i do like) but overdid it and now it just sounds like junna said that on purpose.

last edited at Apr 27, 2023 12:44PM

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

^ Agreed.

Also, Banana

20221231_115517
joined Feb 8, 2020

I LOVE THIS I LOVE JUNNANA I LOVE POST GRAD AU'S

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Meh? Junna was an ass in this. She rejected her without explaining what she meant and then made her wait for 5 years...

last edited at Apr 27, 2023 3:58PM

joined Apr 10, 2021

Meh? Junna was an ass in this. She rejected her without explaining what she meant and then made her wait for 5 years...

And presumed probably that nana could not possibly find someone else in those years

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

A beautifully crafted story.

Img_20230215_191217407jun%202%20(1)%20(1)
joined Apr 6, 2023

Hello everyone!

I'm the translator of this and the previous bowwow doujin (the cooking one).
I read them a month ago, and I thought it would be a good idea to translate it so everyone else could see it! Hope you enjoyed them as much as I did!

If any of you know of any other JunNana doujin that hasn't been translated to English, and you happen to find japanese scans of them, please send them to my Twitter account and I'll (probably) translate them!

https://twitter.com/Hosh1mi99?s=09

Edit: Ah, sorry. It looks like I had DM's locked, it should be enabled now ^^

last edited at Apr 27, 2023 10:32PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I don't think you have messages open on twitter!
However, I don't think this one has been done yet (it's SFW)
https://exhentai.org/g/2104656/967db9369e/
non sad panda version:
https://e-hentai.org/g/2104656/967db9369e/

last edited at Apr 27, 2023 9:07PM

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

This is soooo good. I was really engrossed by the characters and story, made me think deeply and teared up a few.

last edited at Apr 27, 2023 11:39PM

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

I love Junnana so much. They were so broken after the movie, there need to be a sequel just the girls live their adult life.

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Made me cry a little, but it's the kinda twist that really only works in fiction. Rejecting and abandoning someone to "give them space to pursue their dream" rather than being there with them and supporting them along the way IS kind of a jerk move

badoobeedoobeedoo
Capture
joined Nov 8, 2021

Aww man, pages 47-50 made my heart squeeze a little. Bowwow's portrayal of Junnana always hits real close to the original in a way I can't exactly describe. Some things felt like a stretch here and there (especially the cat, dear god), but overall, it was a very engrossing and wonderful read! Thank you so much for the chapter!

last edited at Apr 28, 2023 2:53PM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Junna rejected Nana at graduation so Nana could pursue her dreams. Then years later when Junna achieves her own dream, she returns the confession. I struggle to see the logical connection...

Junna's apology is also kind of weird, because while she takes responsibility, she does not express actual regret. She made Junna wait many years, and at no point does she say "I shouldn't have done that."

It feels like this fan work tries to create a grounded romance for the characters, but it applies an almost unhinged logic to Junna's side of the drama: that she had to abandon Nana for the sake of The Stage. That sort of thing works in the show because the plot and the way it's presented are so abstract, but it feels dissonant here. The idea that this was necessary is treated as if it was obvious, instead of something that requires at least some further explanation.

Still, I feel bad for getting so hung up on this part, because the art is very nicely drawn, and it's clear that the creator loves these characters.

last edited at Apr 28, 2023 7:06PM

Img_20230215_191217407jun%202%20(1)%20(1)
joined Apr 6, 2023

This is pretty much the mixed reception I was expecting of the doujin!
I'm really enjoying reading your thoughts about this.

Still, I would like to share my opinion about Junna's decision.

I would like to start saying that I don't think is out of character.
Yes, Junna pulled a "Hikari" on Nana, but her decision, whether it was right or wrong, was born out of concern about her not being worthy enough for Nana, out of fear of weighting her down.

Page 09 tries to hint that Junna had something else to say about the matter, but she ended up not saying anything after seeing Nana giving her hand, acting like nothing happened.

It sounds like an insignificant detail, but I take that as Nana's way of saying "Let's forget that happened and let's keep things as usual, okay?", and Junna accepting to do so by holding her hand.

Junna doesn't seem to suspect that Nana was hurt after she rejected her (Nana herself confirms she was fine on the next page), and she isn't aware of how impactful keeping those words were until 5 years later.

Would have been better if she told her the real reason why she rejected her in the first place? Yeah, I won't deny that.

But at the same time, Nana took Junna's rejection as her not being into girls, and Nana was okay with that reason.
So bringing up a rejected confession when the both of you don't seem to really mind the result and try to act like it didn't happen, would have been kind of awkward.

So, I forgive Junna for that mistake. It happens to everyone, she did what she did thinking it was the right call.

You know what actually bothers me though?
How it appears that they haven't communicated to each other for a while.
The story tries to explain that "oh, life just catch up to them, they are very busy to really talk to each other" which yeah, I guess that's realistic, but I don't buy it anyway.
But I mean, this doujin is already 61 pages long, and the main purpose of it is to hit you in the feels, so I don't mind THAT much.

Anyway, I still like this doujin a lot despite its flaws.
Thanks a bunch for reading it!

last edited at Apr 29, 2023 9:03PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I love Junnana so much. They were so broken after the movie, there need to be a sequel just the girls live their adult life.

They were pretty fixed up by the end! That was the point of the revue, like with everyone, to communicate and tackle their problems. Or get married, in a certain case. But for them, Junna just goes off to New York City to get a theater degree, but Nana does basically the same in London because of the outcome of the revue. They're located feasibly close to each other. Either way, they promise to meet back up on the stage after that, so it'd follow that they're promising to meet back in general. (Nana, the one with an impossible amount of stage time and revue battle experience, going to Hikari's old stomping grounds where the woman who took her radiance away is still floating around, is a compelling story I wish anyone would take up!)

last edited at Apr 29, 2023 2:34AM

Kgprv5p
joined Aug 28, 2016

JUNNANANA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA bless

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Ah yes, just as Collins and Harlan foretold, the nana daba honeymoon

last edited at May 6, 2023 11:47AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.