Forum › Hino-san no Baka discussion

joined Jun 12, 2015

By the way, someone here know why the physical release stopped at volume 4 ?

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

The pedo apologists are doing their usual thing. How surprising.

And the witch-hunters are in full swing looking for more perfectly innocent people to burn alive I see. How surprising.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Oh no, Omichii is going to prison

joined Aug 29, 2019

I kinda can't believe I did not see this discussion coming, knowing what the chapters would hold.

Also I'd been dying to joke about how I could now also see Daphie jumping into the (temporary and now partly solved) translation bonanza, since the Rin/Omichii topic has brought the Manga into her strike zone!

last edited at Apr 15, 2023 7:10PM

Lumity%20kiss%203%20low%20byte
joined Aug 9, 2019

This series has always tip toed the fine line between just being lolicon shit. But please god, don't pair a teenager with a fuckin 8 year old or whatever.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Age of consent is 13 in parts of Japan anyway. So Omichi and Rin only have 4 years to wait, IF they're feeling that way inclined...〜⁠(⁠꒪⁠꒳⁠꒪⁠)⁠〜

Could you please stop with this already. While the age of consent of 13 is """technically""" correct as that is how it's written in the Japanese Penal Code, literally all prefectures adopted ordinances that forbid sexual acts between adults and those under 18.

PLUS just recently they passed a bill to raise the age of consent from 13 to 16 as part of a reform of the Penal Code, so with that it's just flatout wrong, both technically and practically.

The discussion of the Japanese age of consent for sex is especially off-topic since absolutely nothing has been depicted or even suggested in this series that would make that standard relevant.

The word IF is relevant and tongue firmly planted in cheek.

last edited at Apr 15, 2023 8:43PM

Img_20200401_132631
joined Jun 17, 2018

It's a child. Please, no.

Omichi please stop falling for the literal child.

They're both children, you're overreacting.

When you're an adult, 5 of 10 years of age gap don't matter, but that's not applicable in minors. I wouldn't see with good eyes a couple of a 5 years old and a 10 years old, neither 10 years old and 15 years old. In minors, every year changes a lot and makes a difference of maturity. It's nor right, it's strange. It's obvious that Rin should be a lot less mature, and Omichi more.

I don't really understand why they treat the kid like it is 20 years old in all that conversations. It made me feel uncomfortable.

(Sorry for my poor English)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

When you're an adult, 5 of 10 years of age gap don't matter, but that's not applicable in minors. I wouldn't see with good eyes a couple of a 5 years old and a 10 years old, neither 10 years old and 15 years old. In minors, every year changes a lot and makes a difference of maturity. It's nor right, it's strange. It's obvious that Rin should be a lot less mature, and Omichi more.

I don't really understand why they treat the kid like it is 20 years old in all that conversations. It made me feel uncomfortable.

Please cite a chapter, panel and/or line of dialogue in the actual story that you deem to be morally objectionable.

For that matter, please cite a specific example of when “they treat the kid like it is 20 years old.” (Whoever “they” might be.)

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

None of the children in this story so far are treated as anything more than normal children.
Koguma and Hino are perfectly normal kids with a budding romantic interest in one another and some tints of sexual chemistry developing because they're hitting puberty. This is entirely normal, even commonplace, it's just that a lot of adults don't like acknowledging it to the point of denying that it exists entirely besides in the dreams of pedophiles.
The idea that children don't explore sexuality at all until they hit 18 (or even 13 for that matter) is nothing but a myth, and I would even go so far as to claim that stories which depict childhood but omit this element are essentially soft-censoring the concept of human adolescence by omitting an integral facet of it.

Smol kindergartner developed a crush on Hino because she was nice to her and she's seemingly starved for affection, nothing even remotely unnatural or sketchy about it. Hino decides that, out of respect for the kindergartner's resolve and bravery, she should take the proposition seriously and reject her properly rather than patronize her feelings by calling them "just a crush" even if that's what they are and the kindergartner just doesn't know it.

Literally all the children in this story behave exactly like what they are: children with only a vague understanding of what love and sex is; interacting with each other in funny ways either because hormones are one hell of a drug or because they have feelings they don't understand but are trying to rationalize with what they know.

All perfectly natural, all perfectly realistic, only exaggerated for comedic effect.

last edited at Apr 15, 2023 10:01PM

joined Mar 13, 2020

Still loving this series, not sure I even understand what the translation drama is about so I'll just ignore it I guess...

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Looks like 110 and 110.5 are the same.

Edit Looks like 110 got fixed.

last edited at Apr 17, 2023 5:13PM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

This series has always tip toed the fine line between just being lolicon shit. But please god, don't pair a teenager with a fuckin 8 year old or whatever.

Happy Sugar Life did it and that series turned out just fine

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

I had the same thought as the one user who was like "noo omichi don't fall for the actual kid"
But I hardly see reason to worry, I mean, if it were to seriously happen we still have like 120 chapters of before it reaches that point (:

Happy Sugar Life did it and that series turned out just fine

Yep, I heard they lived happily ever after

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

BoobTwinkler posted:

No, they're pixels on your monitor.

For a moment we all thought it was real, thank goodness you set us straight.

Set us Straight? Is that what this was all about

Hah, I knew someone could not resist jumping on that word choice.

And I intentionally did it in such a way that it would work even without 'that' association

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Sigh... Omichi being all badum around the little girl is uncomfortable. The little girl having a crush on Hino isn't a problem but like, why do we need this side plot? I'm used to lolis in manga by now but seriously if they weren't there my life would be so much better. Same goes for weird sexist tropes in shoujo manga.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Sigh... Omichi being all badum around the little girl is uncomfortable. The little girl having a crush on Hino isn't a problem but like, why do we need this side plot? I'm used to lolis in manga by now but seriously if they weren't there my life would be so much better. Same goes for weird sexist tropes in shoujo manga.

What exactly is the problem? Omichi and Rin aren’t dating. They aren’t having sex. They aren’t a couple. The younger girl’s intelligence and emotional bravery makes Omichi’s heart go doki-doki, and she told her so, full stop. As I’ve said, the chances of things going any further between the two are practically nil.

And why do any stories ever “need” side plots? Usually, to mark time with low-stakes conflicts that reflect back on the MCs situation just like this one does. (Koguma having to consider Hino kissing someone else is an entirely new development.)

last edited at Apr 16, 2023 10:39PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

What exactly is the problem? Omichi and Rin aren’t dating. They aren’t having sex. They aren’t a couple. The younger girl’s intelligence and emotional bravery makes Omichi’s heart go doki-doki, and she told her so, full stop. As I’ve said, the chances of things going any further between the two are practically nil.

And why do any stories ever “need” side plots? Usually, to mark time with low-stakes conflicts that reflect back on the MCs situation just like this one does. (Koguma having to consider Hino kissing someone else is an entirely new development.)

Yo, you're mixing in spoiler content that hasn't quite yet arrived here.
Omichii hasn't told Rin yet, I don't think Koguma having to consider Hino kissing someone else has happened here yet either.

Also Ch. 128 has me like How is Kinniku Tarou going to get out of this one without it actually happening? Because we all know Kinniku Tarou is going to get out of this one without it actually happening.

last edited at Apr 16, 2023 9:08PM

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Hope Kogu goes commando next time when Hino wants a flash.

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

do people forget that this is one of those fetish pleasing manga or am i the one out of the loop here?? this is essentially the Yuri version of nagatoro. its a stretch limo where the authors weird fetishes get shotgun while any actual romance takes a back seat. and its been this way since chapter 1. i wont quote it bc its long but there's a comment on this page about how they are just normal kids acting like normal kids? and im honestly not sure if its meant to be sarcastic or just severely out of touch lol

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

do people forget that this is one of those fetish pleasing manga or am i the one out of the loop here?? this is essentially the Yuri version of nagatoro. its a stretch limo where the authors weird fetishes get shotgun while any actual romance takes a back seat. and its been this way since chapter 1. i wont quote it bc its long but there's a comment on this page about how they are just normal kids acting like normal kids? and im honestly not sure if its meant to be sarcastic or just severely out of touch lol

Well, in the context of a Japanese comedy manga, where "normal" is pretty ambiguous concept, they arguably haven't actually crossed too many problematic lines. Sure, there's been a boatload of innuendo, double-entendre, and suggestive ideation, and inching up toward red lines and then leaving things hanging. But "fetish-pleasing manga" seems like a massive overstatement in regard to what has actually happened in the story.

Compared to, say, Yuugai Shitei Doukyuusei, which has a very similar basic setup of a diligent class rep trying to keep a rambunctious classmate in line, this is the height of wholesome adolescent experimentation on the cusp of sexual awakening.

last edited at Apr 16, 2023 10:18PM

joined Feb 1, 2021

Compared to, say, Yuugai Shitei Doukyuusei, which has a very similar basic setup of a diligent class rep trying to keep a rambunctious classmate in line, this is the height of wholesome adolescent experimentation on the cusp of sexual awakening.

Not exactly setting the bar high there, lol

joined Jan 4, 2021

Yo wtf with these chapters, they're really disgusting. I knew that the author was into this kind of weird stuff but please, control yourself man.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Omichi has a realization. :D

That worked almost as well as the motivation button. Although with some (exciting) drawbacks.

And this is what you get for trying to avoid the real issue, Omichi. Not that she didn't say the truth, mostly... :D

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I know Omichii was already kind of a known dummy, but she just got bamboozled and flummoxed by a grade schooler. What a legend (derogatory).

EDIT:

there's a comment on this page about how they are just normal kids acting like normal kids? and im honestly not sure if its meant to be sarcastic or just severely out of touch lol

Well, someone in this thread is out of touch with how kids are, but it's not the person you're referencing. (⁠•⁠ ⁠▽⁠ ⁠•⁠;⁠)

last edited at Apr 17, 2023 11:06AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I suppose opinions differ on whether this is a moral story, but I will brook no disagreement about it being a visually funny story. Cue the "pedophilia is not funny" crew.

Hino wearing the CPR protector makes me laugh out loud every time.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hino_san_no_baka_ch110_5#6

last edited at Apr 17, 2023 11:30AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.