Forum › Hino-san no Baka discussion

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I for one am happy that Omi is getting a character to pair off with but... I'm also questioning the need to make her a gradeschooler. Maybe it's just a one-off gag but that doki seems... iffy xD

... Omi noo, you can't do thaaaaaat whyyy

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

I sincerely don't know what's going on. From what I thought, the policy was to at least contact the current scanlators for picking up a series. Now many groups have stepped in after I did only 5 chapters. Of course I could have been faster, but usually what you do is ask to help. I'm okay with what is happening, I didn't get that attached to scanlating it, but if this were to happen with another series, like Virgins' Empire I would be pissed. Anyway, the project on mangadex is well done and the redrawing is good as well, so I'm fine with it being continued. But don't know what to think about this whole situation.

joined Jun 12, 2015

From what I understand, the current scanlators only started after your chapter got removed from Mangadex for some reason, then some tried to machine translate the chapters so they stepped up.

Guess they believed since you didn't want your scan on Mangadex it was fair game to translate

joined Sep 5, 2018

I sincerely don't know what's going on. From what I thought, the policy was to at least contact the current scanlators for picking up a series. Now many groups have stepped in after I did only 5 chapters. Of course I could have been faster, but usually what you do is ask to help.

Nah, that’s the dark side of scanlating. For some reason, offering help seems to be avoided like the plague, even if you have recruitment posts/pages up. Many people seem to prefer starting their own group to do a crap job than to join an existing group and get trained on the job.

You even got off lightly, as one of the usurpers seems to be delivering acceptable quality. Imagine an impatient reader throwing a whole bunch of money at a group that does commissions, but they deliver really bad editing with the worst raws imaginable, while you’re sitting on the high quality scans that you made yourself but couldn’t get them edited properly fast enough for free. Source: me.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I sincerely don't know what's going on. From what I thought, the policy was to at least contact the current scanlators for picking up a series. Now many groups have stepped in after I did only 5 chapters. Of course I could have been faster, but usually what you do is ask to help. I'm okay with what is happening, I didn't get that attached to scanlating it, but if this were to happen with another series, like Virgins' Empire I would be pissed. Anyway, the project on mangadex is well done and the redrawing is good as well, so I'm fine with it being continued. But don't know what to think about this whole situation.

Believe that the work on Mangadex has not be redeem to be good enough to be upload here and in any case, Cue asked Stan if it was ok for them to take over the project.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Believe that the work on Mangadex has not be redeem to be good enough to be upload here and in any case, Cue asked Stan if it was ok for them to take over the project.

Dynasty's versions are 25 chapters behind the original version, which is getting a new one weekly now, apparently.
Hino-san needed someone to do a sprint to catch up. xKs, the person on Mangadex, doesn't seen to be doing any other series (at least on MD) and thus can provide that with relative ease. Sure, I'd rather have a Cuetie or Cyan Steam version with that bit of extra polish in the long run, but polish usually takes time and/or boundless motivation.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Dynasty's versions are 25 chapters behind the original version, which is getting a new one weekly now, apparently.
Hino-san needed someone to do a sprint to catch up. xKs, the person on Mangadex, doesn't seen to be doing any other series (at least on MD) and thus can provide that with relative ease. Sure, I'd rather have a Cuetie or Cyan Steam version with that bit of extra polish in the long run, but polish usually takes time and/or boundless motivation.

I want nothing but the best for all scanlators, whose work I deeply appreciate. As a group they have enriched my life immensely.

That being said, the chapters of this series now going up on Mangadex seem to me to be perfectly serviceable, and I'm really glad to be getting caught up on one of my favorite series, in which, IMO, very interesting things are happening.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

It's not about keeping the project, it's about how you approach it and collaborate. As I said, I have no problem with stepping down. I also would have liked to upload the chapters very quickly but sometimes there's life. It's about how you do it and how you communicate with the other scanlators

joined Aug 29, 2019

It's not about keeping the project, it's about how you approach it and collaborate. As I said, I have no problem with stepping down. I also would have liked to upload the chapters very quickly but sometimes there's life. It's about how you do it and how you communicate with the other scanlators

Sure, you should always expect that much as common courtesy and it's a real shame if that gets omitted. I lack the scanlation-insider perspective to gauge how easy it would have been for them to assess the current TL status and make contact with you and Stan. Since I don't have that perspective, my rationalization would be that they went only by the status on Mangadex, which was "usurped my MTL, last Cyan Steam chapter 6 months ago". Doesn't make it right, but might just help understand why it went wrong.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Ok, so 123 was fucking wild, even hy Hino-san standards...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

All I can say about this author is, "Troll me harder, daddy!"

joined Aug 29, 2019

Well, the fakeout should not have come as a surprise regardless, since their teacher would never allow a nude portrait of a student to be submitted anyway :D
I love how curiously prepared Hino was and still claimed ignorance regarding the deadline. I'm sure she had it all planned out. If not, what else did she have planned with those pasties? Kogu was asking the right questions there, but probably didn't come to the right conclusion.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Well, the fakeout should not have come as a surprise regardless, since their teacher would never allow a nude portrait of a student to be submitted anyway :D
I love how curiously prepared Hino was and still claimed ignorance regarding the deadline. I'm sure she had it all planned out. If not, what else did she have planned with those pasties? Kogu was asking the right questions there, but probably didn't come to the right conclusion.

The fakeout is never a surprise, but it's always a pleasure.

joined Aug 29, 2019

The fakeout is never a surprise, but it's always a pleasure.

I guess that's almost especially true for 122 and 123. The finger licking and the portrait were a real treat.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

If it bothers you, you can always try to get in contact with the xKs. They don’t appear to be a regular scanlator, so it’s entirely possible that they either assumed the series had been dropped, wasn’t aware that your team had picked up the scans, or simply is not familiar with scanlator ettiequte (it does strike me as somewhat akin to an industry standard that a casual observer would not be immediately aware of). Even if you’re fine with handing over the series, it might help clear up some bad feelings or help ensure better communication in the future (assuming they even intend to keep uploading after this).

I’m no expert, but I find the quality of works on Mangadex to be fairly satisfactory, especially given the rate of uploads. It could maybe use a bit of polish, but I’ve certainly seen lower quality translations uploaded here.

last edited at Apr 12, 2023 1:32PM

joined Dec 12, 2022

I think it's unlikely that xKs knows about this place or the version here at all.

In 125, how would you handle 姫始め? (Google translates it literally as ‘Princess beginning’, which hardly needs to be spoilered at all.)

joined Aug 29, 2019

In 125, how would you handle 姫始め? (Google translates it literally as ‘Princess beginning’, which hardly needs to be spoilered at all.)

Tough one. I can't think of a good way to retain the ambiguity, but I'm not a native speaker. Maybe something like "Let's go have the new year's first time at my place.", but I'd hardly call that an improvement.

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

koguma unleashed

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

EYOOO KOGUMA MAKIN THE MOVES?!
also she got bearnapped

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

And thus the B Plot was born!

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

A child..

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

And the friend turns into a lolicon.

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

hold the phone! now give the phone to me. THATS A 5 YEAR OLD RIGHT?

gather round ya'll, we got ourselves a dumpster fire

last edited at Apr 15, 2023 1:05AM

joined Jan 11, 2014

Me: ARGGGGGH THE NINE YEAR OLD'S LOVE IS BEING TAKEN LEGITAMATELY AND AS A LOVE WORTHY OF CONSIDERATION DESPITE HER BEING NINE. EVERY CHARACTER CONSIDERS PEDOPHELIA A VALID OPTION.
Me: Okay, moral outrage over. Let's continue and immerse into the writing
Page 12
Me: ARGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

joined Oct 27, 2018

This little girl is single handedly threatening to kill my interest in this manga. On a more positive note, I do love how these two are slowly reversing in terms of boldness.

To reply you must either login or sign up.