Forum › Otherside Picnic discussion

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I finally started watching the anime. Did they skip the arc where they save the army men? Because right after the arc where they meet them, the anime seems to skip straight to when they party up in Okinawa after helping them.

joined Jan 6, 2017

I finally started watching the anime. Did they skip the arc where they save the army men? Because right after the arc where they meet them, the anime seems to skip straight to when they party up in Okinawa after helping them.

The anime jumps around with the files here and there. The rescue operation was in the last episode I think. There's also one or two anime original stories

joined May 9, 2017

Volume 8 of the light novel was release last week in Japan. The title only is already quite the spoiler but if anyone can't wait for the English translation, I can give a small overview.

joined May 3, 2014

god damn now we have to wait 2 months for the next chapter T^T

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Im annoyed that the tall girl became such a plot point by sowaro just wanting to keep to herself. Always frustrating when conflicts arise in a story due to someone unnecessarily withholding information...

Uruma Satsuki being there wouldn't stop being a plot point if Sorawo told them, the drama would just be different.

The bit about Sorawo keeping quiet about the twisted echo of Uruma Satsuki stalking them from the other side hasn't really been an external plot point so much as it has been a character-building exercise and source of internal conflict for Sorawo.

I'm not sure I would describe her actions as completely unnecessary either. We've seen just how dangerously fixated or even outright obsessed both of her partners are with Uruma Satsuki so there are some solid arguments for why it might be dangerous to throw fuel on that particular supernatural and emotional fire. It's true some of Sorawo's motives are a bit selfish and jealousy driven and this decision could eventually come back to bite her in the ass, but spilling the beans could have been even messier and more problematic.

Agreed.
It's annoying mostly when there is lack-of-communication-drama, but this is so totally justified story and character-wise. It's actually really a good plot point and interesting that Sorawo doesn't share.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Spoiler from about Urumi Runa from the LN:
Seeing her grinning face really makes me think about how it's going to look later. In an ... excited sense? I'm not excited, exactly to see that face so messed up, but I'm looking forward to the dramatic moment and aftermath

last edited at Feb 16, 2023 1:52AM

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Hot yuri asmr.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Man, this just keeps getting crazier

Userpic-128-white
joined Jul 21, 2015

I feel like we're gonna find out what actually happened to Sorawo's parents is different from the story she told

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

This is the part of the story where the yuri officially begins. (For me at least)

joined Mar 19, 2020

Her hand is getting more and more translucent so will she herself eventually become intangible?How many volumes of the LN has this covered?

I also like that sorawo is keeping the satsuki info to herself. At first I didn’t really like it because it seemed entirely selfishly motivated but now I’m a lil more onboard and it’s definitely an interesting choice for her to consistently keep that info to herself. I mean what would Toriko or kozakura even do if they knew? It might not help in the “search” at all and it seems like from the start satsuki was not ‘human’ and seems to have come from the ‘otherside’

last edited at Feb 19, 2023 1:37PM

joined Oct 20, 2020

Her hand is getting more and more translucent so will she herself eventually become intangible?How many volumes of the LN has this covered?

This is the last part of of vol 3 of the novels, currently there are 8 published in Japan (7 translated). As far as Toriko's hand There has been no mention in the text of it spreading beyond her wrist, though one illustration does show it as having spread to her forearm.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Aw yeah, I was waiting for Sorawo unleashed.

joined Apr 19, 2020

Sorawo is a badass

joined Apr 19, 2020

Sorawo is a badass

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Yes, finally, it's surely time for oneeloli

Surely, it's time

This is the part of the story where the yuri officially begins. (For me at least)

Go on...

last edited at Apr 7, 2023 1:45AM

joined Jan 17, 2021

I'm glad that my imagination was correct when I read this part in the novel. Maybe 3-5 more chapters for the best part of this arc.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Go on...

Look forward to the end of the arc.

last edited at Apr 7, 2023 4:27AM

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I really have to give it to the artist, they're really able to capture the tension in the situations well. I keep on being pleased with the quality of the adaptation (I've read the books). :-)

joined Mar 8, 2022

I'm glad that my imagination was correct when I read this part in the novel. Maybe 3-5 more chapters for the best part of this arc.

same here, i often imagine the scenes very differently within the light novel but i'm surprisingly pretty accurate with this arc. excited to see the manga progress further

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

can we talk about how Sorawo just casually drove some dudes insane by staring at them without batting an eye (literally, heh)? Am i forgetting a previous occurance or are we just super casual about how this just happened no biggie? xD

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

can we talk about how Sorawo just casually drove some dudes insane by staring at them without batting an eye (literally, heh)? Am i forgetting a previous occurance or are we just super casual about how this just happened no biggie? xD

Sorawo has trouble seeing humans as human. In previous chapters she's had to restrain herself from driving people insane by seeing them otherwise to how they are.

P.S. I'm pretty sure hikikomori/otaku have this superpower irl

goldencoyotte
Tumblr_caf3b0f42fae30c4861ed20d01537352_218b78f1_250
joined Apr 6, 2021

Sorawo has some really badass vibes going in this chapter. Can’t wait to see more

joined Jan 17, 2021

I'm a bit relieved that the chapter didn't end in 'that' part as a cliffhanger because I'll be paranoid for a month.

To reply you must either login or sign up.