Forum › Throw Away the Suit Together discussion

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

The reality is relationships are hard. Building a life together is hard. I appreciate how the story handled the couple's naïve idea that they could just run away together, live in an idyllic countryside, and all their problems magically go away.

As a wise man once said, "Wherever you go, you're still there."

last edited at Mar 1, 2023 6:28AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

For a while this seemed like it would become another downer chapter, and there certainly was a lot of anxiety there for a big part of it, but in the end they've both not just truly accepted the respective plans to make their future together work out, but also made it to a point where they're no longer afraid of this and can genuinely be happy again.

joined May 10, 2021

Even though things went swimmingly this chapter... And can't fucking get ride of this sense of anxiety and dread.
I need fluff.

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

Really love this series. Handles a lot of the smaller moments well. They're going through some troubles but that's life and they're making the best of it. This is fully showing what it can be like after you get together. Making a life together is often like this, it's not just walking into the sunset.

I love that they argue sometimes, make-up, struggle to make decisions, disagree and do it all together. It's stressful and there's always a layer of anxiety but there's also always the quiet (and not quiet) happy moments thrown in there all around and that's how it is sometimes. Just gotta choose where to focus and that "where to focus" can say a lot about perspectives. They're honestly living a really interesting life right now that not many could even imagine.

Looking forward to what comes next and I wonder if we'll get a time skip to after the year at some point. I imagine they'll want to show some of the long distance situation though, since we need to see how they navigate that.

last edited at Mar 25, 2023 9:06AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Even though things went swimmingly this chapter... And can't fucking get ride of this sense of anxiety and dread.
I need fluff.

I feel the same way, and I think a big part of the dread we feel is all the fluff from the early chapters. By frontloading the happiness the main girls have had, the author has raised the stakes incredibly high for their success. I do not think we the readers would feel the same amount of existential anxiety as the main characters, had we not seen how happy they were at the start. This manga is not about fluff, but about perseverance and making tough choices for the sake of the one you love -- however, it wouldn't work narratively without the fluff at the start. This is very good storytelling.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

So far this is orders of magnitude better than some popular serials that lack true character context/background and characters having actual connection to the society at large as well.

Of course, that will only be the case if it stays that way until the end. Story that is this intense and character-focused is easily ruined by couple of bad chapters.

This one actually has plenty in common with My Dear Lass as well. Another story that is about finding your place, and it being a process that doesn't always go smoothly or old contioned reflexes getting in the way. Some true ambition and a dash of selfishness being required from the characters to get what they want.

last edited at Mar 25, 2023 12:08PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

The reality is relationships are hard. Building a life together is hard. I appreciate how the story handled the couple's naïve idea that they could just run away together, live in an idyllic countryside, and all their problems magically go away.

I dunno about this. Relationships aren't THAT hard when the world isn't throwing crap at you. And where you are does matter--places are not all just the same, and going somewhere else can genuinely solve problems. So for instance, if your problem is that you're gay and it's illegal for you to get married, and you go somewhere that it's legal, that problem just magically went away.
The kind of fatalism that says it doesn't matter what place you are in is ultimately not different from the fatalism that says nothing can change in the place you are already at.

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

I sense a timeskip coming up. Not as a bad thing, but to get-things-moving more.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

I dunno about this. Relationships aren't THAT hard when the world isn't throwing crap at you. And where you are does matter--places are not all just the same, and going somewhere else can genuinely solve problems. So for instance, if your problem is that you're gay and it's illegal for you to get married, and you go somewhere that it's legal, that problem just magically went away.
The kind of fatalism that says it doesn't matter what place you are in is ultimately not different from the fatalism that says nothing can change in the place you are already at.

It really depends on the situation, these two young women had moved to run away from the very harsh pressures of new adulthood and starting their careers. There was no better legal situation for them, no abusive family they were creating distance for themselves from, or particular opportunity they were moving for. What ended up happening is basically those concerns followed them, as they realized they needed a stable income to survive, and part time work wasn't going to be easy/available consistently enough to insure their survival in the place they ran to. So yes, where they went to, their career worries followed them.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Basically it's going to be a whole thing on 'you make home where it is' and home is obviously her wife

joined Jan 14, 2020

I can see feeling awkward about freeloading in the house of your gf's aunt without your gf... OTOH seems like you should get a job before giving up free rent.

Though I guess I'm not sure the location is good if you don't have a moped ride, either.

last edited at Mar 25, 2023 5:05PM

joined Jan 3, 2020

I can see feeling awkward about freeloading in the house of your gf's aunt without your gf... OTOH seems like you should get a job before giving up free rent.

Though I guess I'm not sure the location is good if you don't have a moped ride, either.

Yeah, they don't even mention the transportation thing, but it is a big issue with how far that house is.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Chapter 14 has been reuploaded? Has the translation been updated?

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

it's a duplicate. Someone made a mistake.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Where are you moving to Haru lol Tokyo?! Another bumpkin place? Back home?

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

The term "anxiety yuri" just keeps being more appropriate. And I'm especially shocked here. I didn't think Keyyan was willing to be this cruel for a manga that began so idealistic. Hopefully that brighter tomorrow is still on the horizon, just a ways further off than they thought.

joined Jan 14, 2020

crippling depression

AToastyCoyote
Cdc4f8204600edbf52fb0f34f39b246a~2
joined Jun 27, 2018

;w;

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

Thats ... Not wholesome at all....

joined May 10, 2021

Well fuck me...

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Delicious drama that is also quite reasonable.

I hope this is a long serial.

Trannosaurus
Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Sad chapter

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

Well, if it's any consolation, what looks shitty at first glance can often be a blessing in disguise. (See the story of the Taoist farmer.) Wasn't the issue here Hii-chan going back to Tokyo, while Haru is stuck in a place she can't afford? Maybe it's a sign that Haru should go back to Tokyo too. Sure, it'd be a bit of a 360 after all they've been through, but they'd go back to their original lives a little older and wiser.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Oh cmon why? She didnt do it that bad in the interview, could it be she was hestating too much in the answers?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Depressing as fuck, and wouldn't be nearly half as depressing if we didn't see how happy those two were in the first chapters. -__-

last edited at May 1, 2023 4:15AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.