Forum › Cat Love discussion

joined May 24, 2014

I guess they weren't lovecats after all!

joined May 3, 2021

Man...

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Aww felt quite bad for her she was super cute. Cheater looked like a player anyway >_>

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I need a happy sequel x_x

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

BEAUTIFULLLLLLL

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

I only read it because it said Cat. ;_;

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Of course it's this mangaka

joined Dec 18, 2016

i don't like it. NTR is not good

Heheee
joined Feb 27, 2020

Oh wow, stab me why don't you?

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

IT's because of real life situations like this that I'm happy and proud to have never fall in love. Being emotionaly slaved by somenone like this seems like a nightmare.

27d2e23fe14fd0f860e6378756c09f8f
joined Mar 30, 2020

I mean, the tag, but still ...sad

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

That's horrendous and that's the reason people rather stay single

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

She is gonna become sigma

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Well that was short and bitter.

joined Oct 1, 2022

Bueehh, that's why I'm single.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I really like how Mao is being so obviously compared to a tomcat. Even their positioning on page 4 reflects the way cats mate haha.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Honestly not even sure I'd call this cheating? It seems like a big lack of communication on what each other want in the relationship. Mao seemed to want something open, Hikaru wanted and thought it was more. Like, she didn't even hide it. She just brought it up with a "oh hey there's someone else here btw" like, that's not a thing a cheater does.

I dunno if I'd call it "cat love" either, but maybe it fits. Mao was acting in love to pleasure herself without as much care about the other partner's wants and feelings so I guess it fits. But cheating, I dunno. Almost didn't even look like they were dating, just fuck buddies and Hikaru wanted/expected it to be more.

Full disclosure that I myself, am polyamorous so my viewpoints on this might be a bit different than most people who aren't polyam (though if others agree with me I'd be curious!). But also if I'm doing ANYTHING with someone I let them know my boundaries, expectations, and what I'm polyam lol. Like, that's important.

last edited at Mar 4, 2023 12:47AM

joined Sep 27, 2017

Honestly not even sure I'd call this cheating? It seems like a big lack of communication on what each other want in the relationship. Mao seemed to want something open, Hikaru wanted and thought it was more. Like, she didn't even hide it. She just brought it up with a "oh hey there's someone else here btw" like, that's not a thing a cheater does.

I dunno if I'd call it "cat love" either, but maybe it fits. Mao was acting in love to pleasure herself without as much care about the other partner's wants and feelings so I guess it fits. But cheating, I dunno. Almost didn't even look like they were dating, just fuck buddies and Hikaru wanted/expected it to be more.

Full disclosure that I myself, am polyamorous so my viewpoints on this might be a bit different than most people who aren't polyam (though if others agree with me I'd be curious!). But also if I'm doing ANYTHING with someone I let them know my boundaries, expectations, and what I'm polyam lol. Like, that's important.

As someone who isn't poly (as far as I know at least) I agree with your points in general I think. I think the biggest factor is that the story is very short and doesn't go depth with the characters, it's just meant to be sad but it's unfortunately lacking with the delivery due to the lack of information. We're told it's cheating but as you said the supposed cheater isn't trying to hide it and is entirely open about it.

For some reason there's no communication between the characters on what their relationship should be, no trying to resolve the problem, no establishment on what the relationship was before hand, or trying to resolve things after the discovery of the other partner. It's just "there's another girl, so it's cheating, and you should feel sad about it". The delivery, setup, and character interaction is definitely lacking all around with the writing here, though I do love the art style and character designs.

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

It does seem "I love you" were exchanged, which is the point where most people expect the relationship to be monogamous and it'd probably be very highly recommended to clarify if that was not the intention

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm with other people in thinking that it wasn't actually cheating, but a difference of expectations and a lack of communication on Mao's part.

Just because Mao loves other women doesn't mean she didn't genuinely love Hikaru. Some people do be like that. Their feelings are not necessarily shallow, but they have a lot to share and don't feel like limiting themselves to a single person.

Saying "I love you" doesn't mean "I love you exclusively" in my book.

It reminds me of Tsuzuki in Brides of Iberis, who was in an open relationship with two men, and would have had no problem adding a woman. But Kashiwai was more of a monogamous person, so they broke things amicably in the end.

The only thing we can reproach to Mao here is that she didn't make things clear from the start.

last edited at Mar 4, 2023 2:21AM

joined Oct 22, 2021

Yes, yes it is cheating? Even if we assume that the fmc was polyamorous, instead of just a shitty human which her face implied in the cheating reveal page. What kind of stupid argumeny is that? If you had STD and didn't mention it to other party when having sex, you wouldnt call it a miscommunication. You would call ot being a horny asshole.

joined Sep 27, 2017

My main point is that while I know the story is a short I'm taking issue with the author here, because nothing is fleshed out so it can be sad due to the lack of communication. The one woman doesn't say at the start that she wants to have numerous partners, and we don't get the exchange of what happens between them when the other woman finds out about the other partner. She just goes home and cries, there's no actual conversation between them shown or trying to work out the situation. We're just told to be sad because she's heart broken.

How can I be sad when neither character actually communicates anything and the entire situation feels hastily rigged by the author in an attempt to make the audience sad? I'm often pretty or even very forgiving of short stories, it's just something like this wants me to feel sad about the situation, when the whole thing doesn't really make sense in my opinion. That said, I'd love a sequel where they both find happiness and actually communicate with whoever their partner(s) is in the future.

joined Oct 22, 2021

My main point is that while I know the story is a short I'm taking issue with the author here, because nothing is fleshed out so it can be sad due to the lack of communication. The one woman doesn't say at the start that she wants to have numerous partners, and we don't get the exchange of what happens between them when the other woman finds out about the other partner. She just goes home and cries, there's no actual conversation between them shown or trying to work out the situation. We're just told to be sad because she's heart broken.

Good point

joined May 8, 2018

There isn't enough context, but since this is a one-shot, we will never truly know.

last edited at Mar 4, 2023 3:33AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

That's it?

To reply you must either login or sign up.