Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Actually didn't her one friend try listening to her type of music at one point on her own and kind of like it?

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

With what little experience she has around social stuff, it 100% makes sense for Mitsuki to want to avoid conflict at all cost, even if it means self effacement. Let's see if Chizuru will be mature enough to recognise this and realize that taking the tickets won't make anything actually better in the end. That or as many people said, Mitsuki could turn on her accidental charm again and just break all of Chizuru's resentment that way :P

I'd really like it if Chizuru would realise from this gesture that she's throwing an irrational tantrum and refuses the ticket and instead apologises.
Sometimes all they need is to realise the other party is a good person and then feel bad about being jealous.

The problem with that is Chizuru's issues are with Aya. It would be different if Aya were the one giving her the tickets for the two of them to hang out again. Mitsuki only gets some of the resentment as collateral damage (as I don't think they care about her hanging out with Aya; they care that Aya's apparently stopped hanging out with them much and doesn't seem to notice). So, I don't know if Chizuru would feel that much better after this. But it could go either way. I could see Chizuru taking the tickets so she can have some time with Aya, like how things used to be. What happens just depends on whether the writer wants to focus on the main romance only, or highlight the importance of other kinds of relationships as well (romance: Aya goes with Mitsuki; friendships: she goes with Chizuru). The audience will predictably hate the latter though so they may not want to go in that direction, or they may do it anyway to make a point. OR somehow they all go. Either way, I don't think this ends without a 1-to-1 (which the tickets could provide). With this chapter, I don't think the writer views Chizuru negatively or intends her to be viewed negatively.

last edited at Jan 22, 2023 9:50AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Did not see this turn coming. Although the way this series has been going so far, I can still see this leading to a positive outcome for everyone.

What is this thing called 'communication'? Talking? Is that some kind of food?

Commearication Is the act of bonding over Ears

Stop making me wish I could upvote comments on Dynasty.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

You referencing this one shot or just a coincidence?

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I like this development. It is consistent with the characters and extremely realistic for teenagers. I also think that by Mitsuki approaching Chizuru, we might get towards a point where she gets more integrated with Aya's friends too, which will ultimately help the romance and be a major character development for Mitsuki, who previously expressed fear of the "popular girls".

Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

Aaaahhh cliff hangeeeer ;-; I really like how this has the same vibes as your friends feeling a bit salty when you get a boyfriend lolol it’s a tricky dynamic but it can be worked through! Aya just has to properly delegate her time so no one feels neglected. Also! Koga the class introvert stepping into the fray?? Love this character development!

Also, on a more general note, the 4 page format of this manga is realy growing on my. While frustrating at times I think it really allows the author to focus on small details about the characters motivations and feelings so their actions never seem out of place. Sometimes less is more especially with this series ^.^

last edited at Jan 22, 2023 11:41AM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

... but I'm disappointed she's not accidentally seductive here too. Would make it nicely confusing for everyone involved, and probably way funnier to read.

Scene may not be done yet. There's still time for charisma nat 20.

I don't think any update has ever picked up directly from the previous one. Next week probably picks up later with Chizuru giving the ticket back to Aya and apologizing.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Found this image of Koga floating around the interwebs:

joined Oct 20, 2022

Resort to bribe LOL

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Resort to bribe LOL

I think those are concert tickets.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I see this as Mitsuki trying to be the bigger person by going “I know the two of you are not talking because of grudges so I want to create an opportunity for you to make amends since this is an issue that can be resolved by talking”.

The slightly self-deprecating part of giving the tickets SHE won and SHE was looking forward to as much as Aya might be seen as bad, but as we were previously informed, she goes to shows a lot, and her Uncle might even be able to fix her up with other tickets (he knows venue owners and other people in the business or just die hard fans of western music). She might have questioned if she actually needs it if it means her friend Aya will not be entirely happy unless she solves this issue with Chizuru.

Mao is chill. Mao might be the one to approach Aya actually, but then hopefully it will be “too late” and Koga’s plan already worked —in one way or another — and Chizuru will be the one to talk.

If Aya comes out with the truth and ends up telling her friend that her crush turned out to be Koga, still apologising but explaining that it isn’t a matter of friend x friend, instead love interest x friends (which doesn’t excuse her behaviour of leaving her pals hangin’), it could be progress and we might get wingwomen for Aya.
If not the ChizuMao duo, Mao is my bet for the one working with Naruto-kun to nudge the gays.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Resort to bribe LOL

Still bribe. If there is value, it can be bribe.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Did not see this turn coming. Although the way this series has been going so far, I can still see this leading to a positive outcome for everyone.

Stop making me wish I could upvote comments on Dynasty.

^--- I'm upvoting this

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Next on Dynasty Forums: How deep into the "people complaining about people complaining about ..." loop can we go?

+1 for you and +2 for me I guess.

But honestly this is both in character from Koga (wanting to help Aya and giving up something she wants for it) and out. Like we already saw that she usually avoided drama and talking to people and really wants to go to the concert with her newfound friend. Idk

+3
back to our regularly schedule complaints

joined Aug 12, 2019

Noooo not the tickets for their concert date! T.T

that concert ticket hangs in the balance as we know it. will this bring peace between Aya and Chizuru? or could this be the end for both of them. find out in the next episode of TGSWIIWAGAA-Z.

joined Aug 12, 2019

If Aya comes out with the truth and ends up telling her friend that her crush turned out to be Koga, still apologising but explaining that it isn’t a matter of friend x friend, instead love interest x friends (which doesn’t excuse her behaviour of leaving her pals hangin’), it could be progress and we might get wingwomen for Aya.
If not the ChizuMao duo, Mao is my bet for the one working with Naruto-kun to nudge the gays.

Narita-kun, we the readers need your assistance once again, and with the aid of Mao as your co-pilot

joined Aug 20, 2022

However this shakes out I hope the friends find out Mitsuki was the "onii-san" Aya was crushing on and tease her appropriately about it.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Resort to bribe LOL

Still bribe. If there is value, it can be bribe.

Is it really a "bribe" though? Seems more to me that she's saying "I don't want to come between you and her, please go to this concert with her instead". Less of a bribe and more of self sacrifice because she doesn't want to see friends fighting.

joined Dec 13, 2020

Did she give her tickets? But why? Wants to take this girl to a concert? But the type of band Aya & Mitsuki like, odds are she won't like it at all.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

If you truly love a flower you will enjoy its beauty but won't pluck it

This is whats happening, Koga going on that concert date might be nice for her, but creating the possibility of Aya and her friend making amends is good for Aya. And Koga loves Aya so she chooses the option that will make her happy.

On top of that there is also the Semi guilt her socially awkward ass is feeling.

And please stop complaining about chapters that aren't all fluffy wuffy, this isn't meant to be all fluffy wuffy

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Did she give her tickets? But why? Wants to take this girl to a concert? But the type of band Aya & Mitsuki like, odds are she won't like it at all.

Because her main issue is that Aya has been blowing off her friends to spend time with Koga. Giving her the tickets is Koga’s way of saying that she doesn’t want to come in between their friendship, and that they should hang out with Aya instead. It’s not about liking the band, it’s about who they see it with.

last edited at Jan 22, 2023 6:05PM

Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

^ "its not about liking the band, it's about who they see it with"

aw :')

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Oh no, the story about high school kids involves some of the friends feeling frustrated that they're not spending as much time together as they used to. Time to piss and moan about it on the internet because they mildly inconvenienced the romance in a way that will no doubt ultimately advance their relationship.

Yes, that is definitely the essence of people who complain about "drama" constantly, on every single story.
I remember recently having a rant about this because my thought is it's based on things being episodic. Could you imagine in the middle of a novel or a movie, people needing to complain the second any drama happens? lol.

It's times like this that I miss an upvote button for individual comments.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Why complain about people complaining about drama? Some people enjoy drama, some don't. People are just enjoying the comic differently.

Personally, I like some drama, but get frustrated when I have to wait a week or even longer until gets resolved. Which is the case with those comics that update weekly. I mean, the authors can only draw this fast of course.

last edited at Jan 23, 2023 8:44AM

joined Jan 13, 2019

the absolute hilarity of the statement "gee, now that she has a friend that actually is engaged in what she's interested in, she doesn't care about us anymore"

like yeah man that's how it tends to work with friendships. if you can't even listen to your friend talk about what they're interested in then you're not a great friend

To reply you must either login or sign up.