Forum › VAMPEERZ discussion

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

If anything I'd expect Aria to regain her mortality and aging somehow (if it's a happy ending). That seems like the only narrative conclusion that satisfies a list of themes and desires introduced in the manga up to now. I don't really think Ichika's turning into a Lilu is a serious narrative thread but a misdirect. Lilu life is not presented as happy or desirable. Everything Aria has desired is to escape it. Her first desire and the narratives first introduced goal is her death and an aging mortal body would grant a delayed inevitable death presumably after a life with Ichika (which is Ichika's actual desire). Literally anything could happen to the others. Could be wrong though, the series does well having enough narrative threads that the writer can choose many different directions and have them work.

last edited at Jan 7, 2023 6:02AM

joined Oct 20, 2022

ichika waving bye to someone like what??? Who is she waving to like pls dont tell me aria left or something that's just worst

Ichika waves goodbye to Maho after Maho dropped off something for Ichika.

CH43: OMG. I underestimate how devious, cruel, sadistic, sociopathic and psychotic Al is. "Playing fair:" does not exist in Al's brains. She fools everyone especially Maoa. Now everyone is stuck watching this horror show slowly unfolding in front of their eyes and there is nothing that they can do to stop it. Al wants absolute satisfaction by forcing her weeping parent taking a front row seat.

last edited at Jan 18, 2023 3:23PM

Max Blackwell654
joined Jan 29, 2022

ichika waving bye to someone like what??? Who is she waving to like pls dont tell me aria left or something that's just worst

Ichika waves goodbye to Maho after Maho dropped off something for Ichika.

CH43: OMG. I underestimate how devious, cruel, sadistic, sociopathic and psychotic Al is. "Playing fair:" does not exist in Al's brains. She fools everyone especially Maoa. Now everyone is stuck watching this horror show slowly unfolding in front of their eyes and there is nothing that they can do to stop it. Al wants absolute satisfaction by forcing her weeping parent taking a front row seat.

Oh damn thanks for the reply ....and holy fuckinh shitt I hope ichika is ok...like fk why do I feel they r gonna torture her infront of aria like fk no

joined Oct 20, 2022

^
They did not torture Ichika. Al simply carried out what she said she would do in a previous chapter.

You guys better brush up on Mesopotamian mythologies, Once you figure it out, you will know whom Lilu worship, and why. You will finally be able to put together a lot of tiny clues that now makes sense. The desert of the wind being crucial. When Aria explains about her god, and if you recall how she dated her birthday, you can pretty much guess that she is 90% a Sumerian. If you recall, when Ichika was told by Aria how old she is, Show drew a lot of religious item in time reverse order to represent different location. The oldest item is a Sumarian statue. It is now even possible that we can find her hometown thanks to archeology. One of the enjoying part of Vampeerz is that Show really did some serious history research.

I wonder if the lilus all left for the mountains when Elam sacked Ur (Aria's birthdate?), or when Elamites in turn were kicked out by Ishbi-Erra.(Aria's turn date?) Aria probably is a war orphan. That fact in itself explains why Aria adopted Al, because "This child is the same as me".

My educated guess is Aria was from Nippur if she was not from Ur.

last edited at Jan 21, 2023 1:05PM

Max Blackwell654
joined Jan 29, 2022

Ohhh damn thank god plus never saw any manga like this one like the history stuffs are so accurate

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Thing about this author you don't really know what to expect where they will go with things. Maybe Aria will pull a last second save with her power or maybe she will be fed the blood. The way the author you just can't be sure unlike many other series.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^
I think it's possible Ichika was unaffected by the magic since she can still talk and thus she'll be able to hit the magical instrument and dispell it.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Pretty impressive plan, even if as horribly evil as expected.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

At this point I really can't wait to see the midget vampire die. And to see our two girls finally bang.

joined Sep 10, 2022

Thing about this author you don't really know what to expect where they will go with things. Maybe Aria will pull a last second save with her power or maybe she will be fed the blood. The way the author you just can't be sure unlike many other series.

Which is a great thing. It's also not just that the author can go either way because they're unpredictable. It's that the story and themes are set up such that there's many different types of endings that would satisfy what's been built up. That takes some skill to setup.

last edited at Jan 21, 2023 3:09PM

joined Sep 23, 2019

Correct me if im wrong but isn’t it like a 60% chance at becoming a ghost? So despite blood of 2 vampires there’s still a chance she just turns into a regular vampire? Or am I wrong?

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^
I can't recall if we know the exact odds, just that it's more likely to turn into a vampire if you're near death. From what they mentioned, it seems a lot less likely than 40% under normal circumstances. Let's assume there's a 10% chance to become a vampire from drinking the blood of one, drinking from two would drop it to 1% if the logic is that the human has to be compatible with both at once.

joined Sep 10, 2022

^
I can't recall if we know the exact odds, just that it's more likely to turn into a vampire if you're near death. From what they mentioned, it seems a lot less likely than 40% under normal circumstances. Let's assume there's a 10% chance to become a vampire from drinking the blood of one, drinking from two would drop it to 1% if the logic is that the human has to be compatible with both at once.

Yeah the implication seems to be that becoming a dead ghost is a certainty with two (under normal circumstances). They don't talk like they think there's another possible outcome.

joined Sep 23, 2019

So theoretically 2 could make it work or make it even more dangerous. Big baddie seems to not know either with her saying “what do you think might happen,” maybe she doesn’t even know. She’s already killed a vampire with the sword and like made out with aria so many times, who knows, maybe she’s half immune lol I dunno.

Anywho I kinda think she’s gonna be turned, like there’s no current way to avoid it unless aria just sacrifices herself.

66f-1
joined Dec 27, 2020

This story is so much better than it has any right to be

Max Blackwell654
joined Jan 29, 2022

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ This bitch
Sign gonna ready my sniper I ma shoot their ass
(╬ಠ益ಠ)

joined Mar 23, 2022

holy shit,hooly shitt.hoooooollllly shiiiiiiit!! cliffhanger at it's finest. it's either someone will interrupt them and save ichika or ichika will turn into a vampire, I don't want to think she will die or turn into a ghost because imma gonna throw hands.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Hmm Aria changed into a school girl outfit at the last page? Am I missing this reference, what is going on

My%20god
joined Dec 27, 2014

I gotta be real y'all I ain't got any fuckin clue what's going on anymore

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Hmm Aria changed into a school girl outfit at the last page? Am I missing this reference, what is going on

The scenery is a reference to this scene: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/vampeerz_ch24_5#18 which was when Aria told Ichika's grandma that she wanted to die. I interpret the scene in the latest chapter as Aria's mind going back to that state at the thought Ichika might turn into a dead ghost, now that she's found a place to belong by Ichika's side (hence the outfit).

joined Mar 19, 2020

Why not just kill her?

joined Sep 10, 2022

Why not just kill her?

Too quick. Too final. She wants lasting suffering. A dead ghost is worse.

Max Blackwell654
joined Jan 29, 2022

Why not just kill her?

That would be too easy death like ichika will suffer for some secs from blood loss and the end...but
She wants aria to suffer more and the only way is ichika since Aria loves her and all so if Al makes ichika a dead ghost ichika will go crazy and lose her mind like a mad person and like she would be in pain like her hunger wont be satisfied and she cant even die peacefully until some treasure sword hunter kills her. Ichika will endlessly suffer and that will make aria suffer as the love of her life would be in so much pain or go insane

Ichika's pain = aria suffers

joined Oct 20, 2022

If Aria can get to see Enil and ask for a wish, Ichika will be saved even as dead ghost. Al cannot do anything in the desert because her nature is evil. Why did Amir give the relic to Shadi and Khara?
Who was the cat???

last edited at Jan 22, 2023 2:34PM

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

If Aria can get to see Enil and ask for a wish, Ichika will be saved even as dead ghost. Al cannot do anything in the desert because her nature is evil. Why did Amir give the relic to Shadi and Khara?
Who was the cat???

Amir only gave them the amulet so they could talk to his contact in Instanbul, he most likely didn't know what it could be used for. When they go there, they see one of Al Kamil's henchmen and Khara gets suspicious. Al Kamil got cursed into the cat form when Aria succeeded Shin as the head of the lilu and got the king's power, reread the previous chapter. Then she found a chance to enter the holy ground in Instanbul by stealing Shadi's amulet and she got turned back by Aria who was out of control. That was also when Shadi was cursed into the crow form.

To reply you must either login or sign up.