Forum › Be Careful, Onee-san (Serialization) discussion

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

The ice cream wasn't the sweetest thing of the chapter, it's nice to see them both in their own world i need more

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Mai isn't a loli, and Tae is not a lolicon. she's just a lolicon ENABLER

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

She did say once she has seen her older sister act like that or something but even still. Either way its just a manga so Im hardly expecting realism

Probably bc it's been a while but idr this, do you recall which chapter?

joined Aug 20, 2022

I don't think Yuki's actually in love with Tae in a romantic way (and am completely prepared to be proven wrong later). She's desperate for a loving Onee-sama and Tae just so happens to be her Onee-sama of choice.
Mai's flirting still feels so much more deliberate and directed.

I agree wholeheartedly. I feel like there's going to be a point where the difference in how these two feel about Tae will be clearly defined, and I'm looking forward to it.

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

Ice cream

"He's just standing there...MENACINGLY!"

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Sooooo... who got 4th and 5th?

Tae and Yuki

Sure, but which order? Was Tae dead last or not?

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

It's ok tae-chan, there's plenty of room in there.
you could park a bus under mai-chans 11 year old ample bosoms

last edited at Jan 3, 2023 7:45PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

Sooooo... who got 4th and 5th?

Tae and Yuki

Sure, but which order? Was Tae dead last or not?

Tae is 4th, Yuki is 5th, as shown on this page (bottom right panel).

last edited at Jan 3, 2023 7:56PM

joined Jul 8, 2020

Again and again, Hitomi proved that she's the real MVP

last edited at Jan 3, 2023 8:11PM

joined Nov 21, 2022

Okay so wtf is this? XD
There is no actual way the tall girl is an actual kid right?!
Like she must just have some head damage or amnesia, right?

No, several years ago, a neighbour's kid was that age, and she was approaching 6' tall. She was taller than I was. It can happen.

I was like "WTF? She grew 6" over the winter?"

last edited at Jan 3, 2023 8:48PM

joined Nov 21, 2018

Mai is simply unfair...!

joined Aug 21, 2017

Again and again, Hitomi proved that she's the real MVP

• Above petty wishes
  • Still enjoys earthly pleasures like sweets
  • Can eat a bowl of ice cream the size of her torso

Sigma Hitomi

Images
joined Apr 7, 2021

Hitomi is actually a superhero, just you wait and see

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Seriously do ppl really pass out due to a cold?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Well- we call many ailments 'colds' - they can be something more serious thats going around tho- also I guess some people have weaker imune system / bodies - so im sure it happens - if fairly rarely.
She also hadnt been taking medicine or eating and drinking properly- mighta been mostly dehydration.

last edited at Jan 4, 2023 6:59PM

__kawasumi_mai_and_kurata_sayuri_kanon_drawn_by_hiro_dismaless__af8fff43e603564f6b7349639e863a67
Fellowship of Freelancers
joined Oct 11, 2010

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/be_careful_onee_san_serialization_ch20#28
I was worried Tae was going to ask for a kiss. Instead she jumps straight to hand holding ///

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

I don't think Yuki's actually in love with Tae in a romantic way (and am completely prepared to be proven wrong later). She's desperate for a loving Onee-sama and Tae just so happens to be her Onee-sama of choice.
Mai's flirting still feels so much more deliberate and directed.

I agree with Yuki, but I don't actually think I agree with Mai. I think she IS in love but y'know, doesn't get it. It's not deliberate or directed, she's just naturally flirty like that. I just get that vibe from some scenes, like that one with them together on the trip.

joined Apr 16, 2022

^ I think Mai gets it to a degree. At least at this point she seems to know how she feels about Tae is special, even if she can't verbalize it as "romantic love." And while I agree she's mostly just a natural flirt, she probably also enjoys making Tae blushy and flustered.

joined Nov 21, 2022

Does anyone else get irritated at the "a cold is a debilitating disease, life-threatening even, caused by getting wet" trope in manga?

A cold is a mild infection caused by a virus.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

I love how the drawing angles emphasize her height

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Okay now when will Tae realize that a minor touched her naked body?
Not really a big deal (?) since she was sick and that’s caretaking, but I can see Tae freaking out over going to jail if people misunderstand.

66f-1
joined Dec 27, 2020

I'm waiting for the plot twist where this is actually a 25 year old woman with some sort of amnesia

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

Mai the Heroine sweeter than a huge cup of ice cream, and more dangerous than the Japanese Cold.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Very smooth, and the impressive catch before she hit the ground!

Does anyone else get irritated at the "a cold is a debilitating disease, life-threatening even, caused by getting wet" trope in manga?

A cold is a mild infection caused by a virus.

Nope, I view it as every culture has certain tropes and writing traditions, this is just one in Japanese stories and I'm okay with that.

I especially don't mind it when we get wholesome chapters where a character nurses the other back to health like this.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@Saskabush - I know being cold doesn't give you a cold- but being cold and wet DOES increase your vulnerability to catching one because it messes your immune system up- so if you are then exposed to the virus you are less likely to fight it off easily.

@ SSJMadara not gonna happen sorry.. Unless you think her friends, the school, her parents etc are all in on some kinda grand conspiricy to pretend some adult is really a child.. for some improbable reason lol.

In america, from what i could find out, about 1 in 300 or so 11 yr old girls are 165cm. Mai is about 168ish cm- and Japanese are smaller on average too- and she wasnt even 11 yet in the earlier chapters- so maybe she is like 1 in 20,000 or something, but this kinda thing does happen.

last edited at Jan 4, 2023 10:33PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.