Ok this is subtex yeah
They look like pair and in chapter 30 they named themself partners
give yuri tag here

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013
Kanadechan%20sxdvfgbn
joined May 24, 2017

Oh no. One of my favourite series. TT

This is not real. ....No. The manga just started! It's not going to end yet! Yeah! That's right! I will just read it again from ch.1, at 1 chapter per day, pretend like I don't know about next chapters, and act like it's the new series that will update everyday. This is my plan to escape reality. I'm sure I will be fine!

Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

"Let's end the manga"
"Hm, it would make a nice plot point if the girl's manga is axed, just to see how they will cope with the cruel reality they can't escape from. Thanks for the idea, editor-san."
"No, I mean YOUR manga is ending. But feel free to use that idea for the ending."

Didn't this mangaka once complain about low sales, saying that Futari Escape didn't sell as well as his previous shounen works? He wouldn't be surprised then . 3-4 volumes is typical for the average Yuri Hime series.

joined May 1, 2015

Senpai needs to step up to the plate and take care off Kohai. She is actually brilliant, speaks a second language, knows how to calculate taxes, and she cute to boot. Finding a job should be easy.

joined Jul 14, 2014

Reminds me of how Cromartie High School ended lol

joined Sep 25, 2022

This is actually devastating...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

hahaha Author is just teasing us, there's going to be Futari Escape 2 for sure :)

Img_20201022_045044
joined Oct 24, 2018

How to tell your series is axed without telling your series is axed:

joined Sep 22, 2021

I was like what the heck, nevertheless, this manga really is my favorite. every time I read it I feel like I could escape from my works, so sad to hear it's going to end.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

rip manga

10374935_1517148091919036_8454058064875083431_n
joined Apr 7, 2021

I've already imagined loss

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

hahaha Author is just teasing us, there's going to be Futari Escape 2 for sure :)

Yeah, this is just teasing before they announce the anime adaptation. *nervous laughter*

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
JUST LET US ESCAPE SUBTEXT PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

joined Mar 24, 2021

AXE KUN YOU BASTARD

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I can't think of a better ending, honestly is like super meta, super escape, super subtext... The intention is there lol.
But yeah is so meta I was afraid my old comments would appear in the next panels!

Happy new year everyone, thank you for very much for translating this, one of my favorite useless lesbians who are useless in general most of the times...so relatable!

joined Apr 3, 2021

funny that the mangaka's response to the question of "are they dating" was basically "look at the cover of the magazine. what's it called"

joined Jul 21, 2020

Happy new year everyone, thank you for very much for translating this, one of my favorite useless lesbians who are useless in general most of the times...so relatable!

Happy new year to you too!

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I enjoyed this series very much and axed or not, I find this ending oddly satisfying. I hope we do see some more stuff with those two from the author.

joined May 1, 2015

It isn't new year where I am right now. That is in 16 more minutes.
Man I really loved the story an that yuri ending at the end was perfect.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Read last chapter (Futari Escape), and it is the only chapter I read in this series… I thought the mangaka had delusional schizophrenia where she talked to her blond girlfriend like she was Harvey the six-foot tall rabbit. The glasses girl played along just so mangaka can be productive. Well, that was my take, which is quite in error if I read the series in its entirety… but I won’t because I like my interpretation of the story better and leave it at that.

joined Sep 25, 2022

Happy new year TvT

joined Jan 13, 2021

This series quietly ended up growing very close to my heart, and while I'm sad to see it go, it made for a wonderful ride, all the more so because you could leap in and leap off at any point, because it's not the destination or the journey that matters, but the ideal of escape, the willingness and capacity to conceptualize it, to imagine amid pressure and monotony and boredom the prospect and fantasy of stimulation, to make a mind in peril of becoming the ultimate prison under routine and deadlines into the very engine of spontaneous liberation. This concept is the fuel that propels the eternal motion(less) machine that is this story, a ship (ha-ha) that can be itself precisely because it always changes, and needs to change in order to keep sailing, to bob onward through the heat waves and brainstorms toward tomorrow.

I adore the way in which Futari Escape celebrates decentered and organic creativity that does not necessarily need to be propelled toward the manifestation of some Great Work, but matters in and of itself, nourishing the very mind that harbors it whether or not it is deployed to water some yearly harvest or prize gardenia, a creativity that is the ability to see pleasure in the mundane, adventure in the environs, life in the dance of dust particles and comfy yawns. I love the resistance, if not outright rejection, of the pressure to be productive in a socially-mandated manner, the admission that one needs to some extent to perform the soulless and silent song-and-dance that hats a wage, but can and indeed must also carve out a life beyond and throughout this, a life not necessarily located in some romantic eat-pray-love journey of self-discovery whose cost of undertaking shall demand more drudgery than it heals, but also in the space of small moments, passing joys, flights of fancy and whimsical asides. (Futari Escape is in fact an OL yuri story because the office in OL yuri is by no means a set corporate location, but the manifestation of the eldritch fiend that is capitalism whose corruptive and insidious influence queer women valiantly resist; in this series, that monstrous manifestation is far less physical, which necessitates the OL-as-resistance-fighter to take similarly spiritual, imaginative and epistemic measures in turn)

The metatextuality of this ending, then, is entirely fitting, because the series was in some ways always metatextual, as all fiction tends to be by essence and design. Trapped in narratives, ambushed by expectations, hemmed in by pressures and condemned by the tyranny of the life-course, Sempai and Kouhai simply have to improvise, innovate and break the rules of their genres, those scripts of unemployment and occupation used to label people as deviant or pressure them to remain productive, and write in thoughts and feelings the tale of their breakout. Short tales, perhaps, and in some cases mere daydreams, but in a world where the shadow of alienation swallows the sun whole and renders that life-star the mere metric of shifts and schedules, dreams are kindling for the soul, refuges in the over-underground of the mind, the final bastion and shelter for what is passionate and empathetic and human in us all. The metatext is dream-reality, a hazily bordered realm encompassing and surpassing, not beyond, but within and parallel, into which we step back to look within in fanciful motions that reveal in centerless orbits the movements of life and thought, too complex to be labelled or bottled by the tyranny of production. As Sempai and Kouhai conducted this dance of layers to stay on their toes and preserve the levity of their lives throughout the series, so they perform their greatest performance to cap it all off, creating themselves through a visionary world, making themselves into the subject of their art, for what is art but a symphony of life, creating from and created by? They'd written for us Futari Escape all along, in every issue and in every panel, inspiring and inspired, and shall continue to do so forevermore, transcending in life (and hopefully in the eventual extra doujins) the close of the page, the fullest achievement and enactment of this story's errant, easygoing, emancipatory ethos.

Indeed, this organic, fluid, quicksilver-flashing ethic is reflected even in the titular relationship, for Sempai and Kouhai are, to quote a Tumblr post I recently enjoyed, "Two old guys who have a gay thing going on... no, having a gay relationship and having a gay thing going on are not the same, it's complicated". There exists in their dynamic, in this flirty, bantering, gruffly intimate inter-reliance of shroom-mates, so much potential that is kinetic without exhaustion, without conversion exactly from 'friends' to 'lovers', maintaining a flexibility that can encompass all these categories without subsumption, an elasticity that suits itself infinitely to the demands of the moment and whatever improv they feel like enacting, not pretending in the sense of some nonexistent divide between appearance and reality, but performing in the sense that they create in every interaction richer senses of a private and provisional cosmos. Friendship can be profoundly queer when well-penned, for while love may glue a queer relationship, friendship is what supplies and supports a queer community, and these two are in every sense a two-person commune, a love-thy-neighborhood on whimsy's wheels. If Crescent Moon and Doughnuts spoke to the part of me that's ace, Futari Escape speaks to the part that's aro, because regardless of whether or not these two brilliant fools end up dating in some subsequent installment, their relationship is still charged with that greatest kind of love that sublates and surpasses romance to affirm life itself in all its glorious oddness.

joined Oct 20, 2022

We still do not know their names.
Not sure they are straight or not in the first place. Stay at home wife is a joke, or for real

joined Jun 12, 2015

LoL. This author thought their manga would be a hit? Maybe in another world or was published in different magazine like MTK or Cune where subtext or bait is more welcome there.

To reply you must either login or sign up.