Forum › My Girlfriend's Not Here Today discussion

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Nanase has no business of getting angry or jealous. She chose sport over Yuni. She chose to ignore Yuni, She does not even know how to treat a lover, as in, she is supposed to say "cute" when asked, but instead "You look different today". Fuuko actually answered the question correctly and more (You are ichiban cutest), without seeing Yuni's phone. She may be a manipulating bitch. but at least she did not harm Yuni.
There are two panels on this chapter show the major difference. Panel one shows Yuni now standing up by herself; Meanwhile the very last panel shows Fuuko (after kissing Yuni who cried over Fuuko's shoulders) and says "I guess it will be OK". Compare the last panel in the (parate) translation, what Fuuko says is different from my own understanding of the text.

Ah yes, she didn't call her cute so all the cheating and backstabbing is ok. Nanase is at fault for neglecting her, but she realizes that and is trying to change for the better. Yuni didn't even give her a chance, instead of communicating she started an affair. Nanase has every right to be angry.

Yuni is incredible flawed and tbh pretty scummy, she knows full well what she doing is wrong and is absolutely torn by guilt but still uses Fuko to fill her emptiness. She doesn't love Yuni but has no problem fucking her. There's nothing wholesome about fuko either, the low key blackmailing, exploiting Yunis insecurity, using economic power to pressure her, she's is a big yikes.

Yuni could have ended the relationship before doing all of this, but now they prolly break up with Nanase heartbroken and scarred for quite some time. It just baffles me how people can defend Yuni or like Fuko. Even the author admitted that Yuni is a trashy person.

I enjoy this manga a lot, but I think it's important to realize that what Yuni is doing is inexcusable and damaging her. This won't end well for both of them, and don't see a happy end for Fuko either since chances are slim Yuni will ever love her. It's a huge trainwreck, and I love it

Yuni is a nasty person, no doubt I am sure we all agree. Her looks is her only redeeming quality. "I think it is about time" (the current translator) and "I guess it will be OK" (My personal understanding of "Soro Soro Iikana."). The difference is huge. "about time" indicates that Fuuko has set things up and know before hand what would happened as if she has further plans in store. Soro Iikana to me is actually fuuko speaking to an asleep Yuni. Maybe I am romantic, that last panel Fuuko actually shows her affection. Whether it was kissing Yuni's head, or holding Yuni's hand I have never seen an expression like that before from her. She has no clue what happened.
They all suck. Now let see who in after the trainhreck.

03fca6214046e15b1cbd7ed7cd767b1a
joined May 26, 2020

was this dropped?
(genuinely curious)

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

^
The official scanlation team seem to take a break
Right now someone does the translation, until the official team is back.
We are at chapter 12 FYI. This manga is getting more and more better.

joined Sep 14, 2022

Man, I had a struggle finding chapters for this. Really hoping for some consistent updates! Only 11 and 12 are up on Dex and so far nothing past 6 till then so I really appreciate ya'll doing the good work for the people

joined Sep 14, 2022

Ayy yesssshhh!! This my kind of guilty pleasure....

on that note does anyone have similar manga to recommend (〃ω〃)

Kitanai Kimi ga Ichiban Kawaii

It's a complete story and can be found on M**gaDex

if you're into the mindfuck / psychology shenanigans mixed with a little bit of good night pun pun and the Yuri then it should be right up your ally

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I've nothing against Nanase but I'm rooting for Fuuko out of aesthetic preferences. Yes I'm a shallow person. Sue me. lol

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Is Noca Scans like dead, deceased, has been, gone to meet its maker, etc? The last recent thing I see that they did was Ch 6 of this... There are things by them more recently here on dynasty, but If I look at the same manga on mangadex, it was posted like 2 years ago or so on there. Did they drop this? Did they drop out of existence altogether? Enquiring minds want to know....

^
Yes they pretty much dropped this series & they're not going to be translating it any time soon, so let's just try to read the rough translation of it that's better than nothing.

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

afk (the translator of Noca) is out of order for the time being, so it's in limbo.

I may (or may not) pick it up, if time allows, because I like this kind of trainwreck and the MTL translation of that FB guy pains me. But I can't promise anything, because I already have a lot on my plate and I'm on my own.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Chinese scanlation actually is up to date at 12th.

joined May 26, 2020

I've nothing against Nanase but I'm rooting for Fuuko out of aesthetic preferences. Yes I'm a shallow person. Sue me. lol

^ felt

joined May 26, 2020

kinda missing this train wreck

joined Feb 10, 2022

Fuuko is smoking hot somehow. And Yuni's facial expression in the previous chapter is

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Second!
One is an air head, one is trash, one is a stalker. Now only Yuki can stop the train wreck, at least try to save her best friend. Although I do prefer to have a train wreck. NTR is so fun as long as you limit your fantasy to 2D.

last edited at Oct 18, 2022 2:31AM

If anyone's interested go to Mangadex to read the rest of the chapters.

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

tbh same lol

joined May 11, 2018

I hope that nanase finds out and beat their asses. It's only right.

joined Feb 10, 2022

I mean, Natsume should end with yuki cause they match for each other just as fuuko and yuni match as well. If yuni is cheating that's Natsume's fault in the first place for prioritizing her club plus letting yuki being so clingy, and it's Yuni's fault for not talking to Natsume.
Anyway... I'm the type of readers who doesn't like cheating but this manga chapter by chapter gets me more excited lol

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

First...kind of.

It is about time to confront that piece of human trash to protect your airhead friend. Unfortunately, in real life, we ALL know by doing that, nothing good will happen. That is the beautify of writing and reading NTR material, This is why so many of us love to wait for that train wreck. The slower the better.

Well, tit for tat. Now the trash and the airhead accusing each other. Watching afar, the Psycho loves it. The trainwreck turns out to be better than she thought, truly an Ashura Field "Do your best, I'll give you a lot of YushiYushi afterwards <3"

last edited at Dec 18, 2022 5:18PM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

re-read 13 and 14. Don't count 100% accurate on my post until the semi-official scanlation team did the work.

13 Fuu struck first...
by attending the new pool party with no reason, such as did not know how to swim, but with a hidden agenda. She managed to find in a situation where Nanase felt odd that Fuu called Asahina Yuni-chan, and then Yuni explained that they knew each other because they rode the bus together on a few uneventful occasions. Nanase started a conversation with Fuuko because it would be odd for someone who never socialized with your girlfriend and then called her as if she were a childhood friend. (-chan). Nanase dug her own grave by pointing out how nice Fuuko's piercing was, and then ask Fuuko when did she get pierced. Fuu knew exactly what to say, that the piercing was a matching pair with someone she loved, then she gave her the date of the piercing. Of course Nanase knew about the date. Fuuko has that cat fight look in front of a clueless Nanase (who was no longer clueless finally).

14 Nanase struck next.
Now just the two of them around, Yuki confronted Yuni, including she knew Yuni was cheating and saw it. Yuki told Yuni that she was Nanase's best friend. Yuni proceeded to physically assaulted Yuki (!!!), with a volleyball no less!!! Then stormed off to see Nanase asking why Nanase broke the promise of keeping the relationship secret. Eventually Nanase apologized, then suddenly turned around and said "Can I trust you?" Fuuko was watching this whole thing and was so happy that things went better than she thought. She promised to give a lot of Yushi Yushi to Yuni. No idea what that means.
I know Yuni is trash, but I have no idea that she was such a Kuzu that she would assault another person.
15 will come out on February (2023 April issue).

last edited at Dec 26, 2022 3:59PM

joined Oct 20, 2022

Gotcha!

OK does anyone have a general idea on how long this series is going to last? cause I don't see it lasting much longer but that's just me.

last edited at Jan 24, 2023 2:29PM

joined Oct 20, 2022

Iwami has no track record of her manga beyond two volumes, so we are for sure will have 4 volumes since she has just finished 15, ie, volume 3.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Awwwm I hope someone picks this up, the story is...well entertaining but the translation here is way better!

My%20project%20(4)
joined Jan 15, 2020

This is gonna end with all three sides getting hurt, right? Nanase will probably be the one who breaks it off with Yuni and then end up with that girl from the club. I really want to know why Fuuko is so obsessed with Yuni tho. What made the yandere a yandere?

To reply you must either login or sign up.