Forum › Liar Satsuki Can See Death discussion

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

more importantly, by believing it.

Which is way worse when you think about it because she saw the corpse days before and did nothing to prevent it so even if he was believing it,there is still the fact that she did nothing fully knowning her mom was in danger of death.

Well except she didn't know, Satsuki had no idea what the premonitions meant. It was only the second time ever she'd seen one, her mom was fine the last time she saw her and she was never made aware of whether the first guy she saw actually committed suicide there, so there was no precedent for her either. Poor Satsuki :c

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

From her father's perspective (who didn't know Satsuki saw the corpse, premonitory or not), it would be extremely plausible to imagine Satsuki's mother was fine when the girl got home and she was too absorbed in the games to notice when she collapsed. "Why didn't you do anything?" is kinda... The fuck did you expect her to do?? She's in middle school, she would have freaked out. As the parent, I would think that maybe it was for the best that she did not notice when something happened at the time it did, because no one is truly prepared to witness the death of a loved one like that, let alone children. It requires cold blood to act wise in that situation, I doubt a 13 year-old would have that.

But, in all honesty, I believe this is what Satsuki's father thinks >now<, if she didn't try telling him about her mother's corpse. Any premonitory corpse that showed up later could be just seen as an hallucination due to trauma (I am not a psychiatrist tho).
Maybe, just maybe, she tried lying saying she haven't noticed anything but lying about it all filled her with so much guilt that she decided it wasn't worth it. Specially with her father resenting her for awhile (which ok he has the right to do so unconsciously but is kinda fucked up to do to your child).

Also, I am really curious to know the cause of death. There is bleeding in her chest, but what could have possibly struck her in a way that became fatal? A mere shard seems unlikely

joined Aug 15, 2021

From the way it is, it looks like her mom is being stabbed. So is it robbery? But damn seeing the premonition all the times making her not being able to differentiate between what's real. Damn the pain.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Pretty much as expected,but now I wonder how and when she figured out the best way to utilise her ability,and who was the first person she actually managed to save.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

From the way it is, it looks like her mom is being stabbed. So is it robbery? But damn seeing the premonition all the times making her not being able to differentiate between what's real. Damn the pain.

No signs of a burglar (the father would have pointed it out). Could have been an explosion of some sorts. I do hope we get an explanation, at least idk when we get to see someone (Akira) confront Satsuki's dad. I don't think Satsuki herself will get into the specifics of her mother's death unless something that happened immediately after the event caused her to have an aversion to lying.

Pretty much as expected,but now I wonder how and when she figured out the best way to utilise her ability,and who was the first person she actually managed to save.

That's probably something we'll only get to know if we get an explanation of what caused her to be a death magnet. A flashback with a narrator (could be herself from the future, like we got in the first chapter) explaining what went on, as in "this was the first sign that I was interfering with something I shouldn't have".
(We already had that with the "Komachi should have died", but narrator-Satsuki can see her first life saved as the first instance she started tempering with dangerous things, until the Komagedon happened)

last edited at Nov 30, 2022 8:10PM

Eric
joined Nov 30, 2022

this is just a theory but in the authors other work, which was also largely about death, resolved around the main character basically being surrounded by death and it was "theorised/explained in that manga" that when someone kills another person death stays with them and they attract death in a sense (it wasn't a physical being) and whether the person still killed people or not others around them would die. In the manga it never confirmed if all the deaths were coincidence or some supernatural death aura since, the only thing that was common in deaths were they were close/knew the MC so it could be a similiar thing in this series, though taken in the opposite route for Satsuki as in the more she saves people from death the more its attracted to her.

this would explain why the school is the main epicentre as u have atleast 2 people who may attract death, also ive just realised that Komachis personality is extremely similiar to the previous mangas mc, as both were very unaffected by everything including death and could not understand others well (komachi did try to kill satsuki because she thought she wanted to die)

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

Yes, I just hope it has a more substantial reason for the sobrenatural than the previous manga. For now, I'm not judging the dad, we don't know yet what happened after he found the mother on the floor. He being angry and freaked out at first is reasonable. If I were a parent, I would like for the teenager to see the blood and call emergency than not doing it and have an enourmous trauma because of it. But that's just me.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

and who was the first person she actually managed to save.

It would be nice to have a cathartic chapter...

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

I think with the look Akira had at the end, she also realizes Satsuki’s not to blame for what she didn’t know at the time, but also understand it’s hard to erase that guilt with a few words.

Calling it now, Satsuki’s gonna get hospitalized at one point, perhaps in the arc with Akira’s dad, and that’s how we either see how much Satsuki’s dad hates her or see them reconcile after his own daughter gets brought in by a stretcher to his hospital.

Pat%20the%20sara
joined Apr 29, 2019

Her hair done up like that is so cute <3
But good lord, that is truly the worst way to learn of your power, no wonder she tries so hard to protect those she sees the corpses of

joined Mar 20, 2019

That situation is one of the worst possible for Satsuki.
Whether you believe her seeing a corpse for days before or not, it's still easy to blame her.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Oh

Yeah
joined Apr 14, 2021

Oh

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

So uh... This won't be an extremely weird but wholesome story about a girl gaining a bunch of friends due to her "superpowers" huh? I guess I'm like 20 chapters late to ask this. How am I supposed to go "haha silly overreacting Satsuki" after something like THIS?

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

Lil baby naive Satsuki omg my heart

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

So uh... This won't be an extremely weird but wholesome story about a girl gaining a bunch of friends due to her "superpowers" huh?

Only in the sense that Madoka was an iyashikei about cute magical girls doing cute things. :-)

last edited at Dec 1, 2022 10:53AM

Fr7bgrpvcaamcjc%20(1)%20(1)-1%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Jul 9, 2021

Damn I knew we'd get the backstory soon but I didn't expected it to be right next chapter!
Still, the guilt is something that might never go away, it wasn't her fault, she had no idea of what those visions mean, sad that she figured it out the worst way possible

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

Now it's clear that Satsuki's motives go much deeper than a simple moral code, different from the twisted, distorted and edgy moral code of that asshole president

Imagine you are Satsuki, your mom died while you know you could have done something to prevent it, some asshole on your school watched death note and started basing his whole personality on Kira and went berserk killing people, sabotaging you when you try to save them and going around saying on your face that "some people deserve to die" while constantly trying to get you to "his side"

It just shows how different is the view of someone who really suffered a loss VS someone who has never suffered a loss and does not value the life of anyone, unless it's someone close to him, all to massage the inflated ego he carries in his back

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

It just shows how different is the view of someone who really suffered a loss VS someone who has never suffered a loss and does not value the life of anyone, unless it's someone close to him, all to massage the inflated ego he carries in his back

It's the difference between someone who lives in the real world and someone who lives up his own ass.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

So uh... This won't be an extremely weird but wholesome story about a girl gaining a bunch of friends due to her "superpowers" huh? I guess I'm like 20 chapters late to ask this. How am I supposed to go "haha silly overreacting Satsuki" after something like THIS?

It's "damn shawty got sum PTSD" hours.

Now it's clear that Satsuki's motives go much deeper than a simple moral code, different from the twisted, distorted and edgy moral code of that asshole president

Imagine you are Satsuki, your mom died while you know you could have done something to prevent it, some asshole on your school watched death note and started basing his whole personality on Kira and went berserk killing people, sabotaging you when you try to save them and going around saying on your face that "some people deserve to die" while constantly trying to get you to "his side"

imo this further proves the hunch some people (including me) had that the end of the evil StuCo arc will be Vice President dying and the dude experiencing the consequences of what the two of them did.

last edited at Dec 2, 2022 8:58AM

joined May 29, 2022

Oof… so she walked over her actual mom dead body… I can see y the dad is the way he is to her now and y Satsuki turned out like this

wishforasunnyday
joined Nov 13, 2021

it's a very reasonable backstory. If we readers are to discuss about the cause of Satsuki's mom's death it would be very similar to this one. Hence, it feels so real and hurts so much. Poor girl... poor mom, poor dad.

YouDontEnunciate
Yande.re%20391062
joined Dec 2, 2022

Ok first I was like prez antagonist , wanna kill bad people haha ,but then he killed Michiru \ _ / so f*** that bitch , go punch him atleast once or twice man T_T that won't kill him right, satsuki
Why did the only redeemable yandere had to be killed T_T she could've been such a good addition to the group T_T

last edited at Dec 4, 2022 3:11PM

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Akira is just the best. And I totally called Seo faking her amnesia!

last edited at Dec 14, 2022 8:48PM

joined Mar 25, 2019

Just kiss already dammit

To reply you must either login or sign up.