Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

joined May 29, 2021

I suspect it is less that Utena isn't into mind break and more that she is disgusted when a magical girl specifically is the one being broken by a villain. She puts magical girls on the highest pedestal, after all.

True. She’d probably be fine breaking a fellow villain. Hell she basically has. But if a magical girl gives up she’s completely turned off.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

And also Utena and Azul otp
Utena and Kiwi are otp2

You mean 2tp
You can't have "one true pairing two"

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

You can't have "one true pairing two"

If zoomers can say, "im litteraly dying rn," when talking about watching something funny, I think we can let this slide.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I just realized this was licensed. Is this one of the few series that'll stay on the site after being licensed (like Citrus) or will it be removed once it actually starts releasing?

Also it always makes me sad when stuff gets removed from Dynasty for being licensed in the US. I at least can't buy stuff from the US (and even the stuff that does get licensed in my country, which most series on Dynasty don't, is usually too expensive for me).

joined Apr 16, 2022

I just realized this was licensed. Is this one of the few series that'll stay on the site after being licensed (like Citrus) or will it be removed once it actually starts releasing?

It actually has already started releasing. As far as I know this site has no policy of removing licensed content, it's entirely up to the individual scanlators.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Honestly my Utena ship is with Sayo, but I wouldn't complain about an Utena x Kiwi ending

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The chapter was a good and wholesome story of teenage girls trying to navigate messy romance, and then this dipshit Imitatio had to show up. :-/

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Granted, I don't have a good memory but this has to be my favorite chapter ever!

"Did you kiss?"

Oh gurl, if only you knew... but yeah they did hahahaha

last edited at Dec 19, 2022 4:53PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Magical girls? Asking for advice? About openly talking about their feelings? From their enemies? Without being snarky? In my wacky bdsm comedy?

It's more likely than you think

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Magical girls? Asking for advice? About openly talking about their feelings? From their enemies? Without being snarky? In my wacky bdsm comedy?

It's more likely than you think

Well none of them know each other's secret identities, right? So as much as I'd like it if they were playing punch card villain/hero, I think this is dramatic irony.

I hope Matama and Nemo break away from Imitation on their own before Utena even gets there, Shio needs to be taken down a peg or two (and by "taken down a peg or two", I mean "held down and sodomised with a broom handle").

last edited at Dec 19, 2022 5:10PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

aw this was a really good chapter. good mix of slice of life, wholesome character growth and movement of the plot. i love seeing the two gangs interact with each other in their daily lives so it's really cool to see them actually reach out to each other to hang out too.

__kawasumi_mai_and_kurata_sayuri_kanon_drawn_by_hiro_dismaless__af8fff43e603564f6b7349639e863a67
Fellowship of Freelancers
joined Oct 11, 2010

For being a manga about magical girls who are exploring their kinks, all of the main cast are surprisingly well developed. Like, the kinks are aren't their only defining character traits, and they're frequently used for plot development. If you tried to describe the series in one sentence, it'd probably sound like smut, but it's honestly one of the best currently active romance mangas...
Also, since I'm not sure I've seen it stated here, Akihiro-sensei's faces drive this manga so much. The fact it's a bit slapstick gives the manga leeway to make really exaggerated facial reactions, and so much of the tone gets set by the expressions in each panel.

last edited at Dec 19, 2022 5:36PM

joined Mar 26, 2021

I hope Matama and Nemo break away from Imitation on their own before Utena even gets there, Shio needs to be taken down a peg or two (and by "taken down a peg or two", I mean "held down and sodomised with a broom handle").

Maybe it's Matama and Nemo's turn to reach La Verita form this time, in order to escape.
And yeah, Shio does deserve some punishment here.

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

I'm not really into spanking, but there are times when it seems to be the only logical course of action.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

That little shit, interrupting a pretty much perfect confession scene like that, and now some bullshit is going to occur. I hope they can properly confess soon x_x

joined Apr 16, 2022

Akihiro-sensei has discovered the more surefire way to make us despise a villain: have them interrupt a yuri scene. It certainly worked with me!

Cdcb45166f5d7f864387f38076826b5fa05f1e50182f6f94e614be4b5810c622
joined Oct 21, 2019

Honestly the relationships are much better than the lewd. Not that I'm saying it should stop being lewd. BDSM lesbians is the main draw of the manga after all and it would be silly to suggest that the lewd should stop. But if the mangaka wanted to do a romantic yuri drama after this then I would be down for it 100%. If it's anything like this chapter then it would be better than a lot of other yuri drama out there.

My%20god
joined Dec 27, 2014

She's committed the cardinal sin: fireworks imitation.

Chiyo
joined Dec 21, 2021

So this pretty much confirms that Imitatio is Enorme with an stolen Trans Magia device. I do wonder if Utena is the only one seeing her in child form lol, it would be so funny if the other's just see a normal menacing adult

last edited at Dec 20, 2022 8:13AM

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Imitatio got upset at the severe lack of BDSM in this chapter and had to step in like an asshole.

So this pretty much confirms that Imitatio is Enorme with an stolen Trans Magia device. I do wonder if Utena is the only one seeing her in child form lol, it would be so funny if the other's just see a normal menacing adult

I hadn't even considered this, but it would actually make a lot more sense than "Ex-Magical girl mad at enormeeta for...reasons." It's time to go back through the series and see what I forgot about and what plot points I might be able to pick up on :3

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Kaoruko is so transparent... :D

And more trouble coming now...

joined Oct 3, 2017

Wow these new three deus ex bullshit girls are becoming more hatable by the second. As if their introduction didn’t make them the pinnacle of annoying already.

48e25e4b-7500-4818-b21e-14cc7fc81d93
joined Oct 22, 2022

I think "fries" might have been a euphemism

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

69 pages worth of comments
...Nice.

joined Jun 5, 2018

MURDER ON PAGE 7, I REPEAT, MURDER ON PAGE SEVEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

To reply you must either login or sign up.