Forum › Stretch discussion

7aacb1dde71190eff3ef1620cc1b9d16fcfa6057
joined Feb 2, 2015

so sweet~

10930931_1572484072967796_9102248557687339195_n
joined Jan 4, 2014

So fast :3
They are so sweet to each other, even if they wouldn't end up together I still say they are my favourite couple, and also I love the small details Shou add in this chapter.

Pain
joined Jun 4, 2013

Awesome chapter! Love page 17!

joined May 19, 2011

...[yuri intensifying]

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

One month of waiting end in five minutes.
This is just so cruel.

joined Jan 8, 2014

"Let's eat out some time"

Yes, let's do that.

Riiight....oh man that conversation they were havin...made my head spin :D lol

joined Jan 8, 2014

God, sexuality is confusing, and possibly lives in the ocean. I'm trying to get to the bottom of this mystery, but I just keep getting more questions than answers.

Sexuality is fluid. You just go with da flo'.

"Be like water" -Bruce Lee
:D

Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

Yes, let's do that.

I knew you guys would be thirsty as hell from this chapter! I could SMELL it! XD

I'm just gonna tell you what I told the NaruSaku fans a few months back. Don't be too sure it'll happen. It'll just be all that harder to swallow if it doesn't. Having a romantic relationship work out between the two for me would be the best case senario, not the inevitable end.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Yes, let's do that.

I knew you guys would be thirsty as hell from this chapter! I could SMELL it! XD

I'm just gonna tell you what I told the NaruSaku fans a few months back. Don't be too sure it'll happen. It'll just be all that harder to swallow if it doesn't. Having a romantic relationship work out between the two for me would be the best case senario, not the inevitable end.

Misery loves company....go on scoot this is an optimistic yuri goggle section only... o.O

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Thanks Boon you are the best!! Great chapter.

Personally I'd like to have things stay the way they are between them.
But when the time comes they no longer need one another (which I doubt it will), they'll just be happy for each other.
Right now what I'm seeing is pure and selfless love. That's the way it should be.

Not a popular opinion here, but I understand your reasoning. Don't agree though. Ran is in love, but like she held back her feelings about her dad's death, she is half-hearted about showing her love to Keiko.
Classic Yuri ending would be:
Keiko meets boy>They go out>Ran puts on a happy face for Keiko, and cries her eyes out in silence.>Keiko on a date with boy can't get Ran out of her thoughts, comes up with some excuse and leaves> She finds Ran in tears, they confess their love and start making babies
Of course Stretch is not classic yuri. So everything is possible, but a end without yuri is unlikely.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Woah, was that some progress here that I spot at the end ? :3

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Aw that crying face broke my heart :(

Also I'm glad we finally get some info on how they became roommates lol

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

I apologize for the wall of text and over-analysis of characters I'm a fan of. Is this the feeling some nerds describe as "yuri hell"?

Thank you for this wonderful post, such a detailed and precise analysis. I wish there were more posts like that!
It's interesting how both lost their family members (in that or the other way) and were thus able to form such a heart-warming family bond between each other. But it's true that it appears to be very one-sided romantically. And I wonder if Keiko will ever change in that respect.
I somehow expect a lot of tension between the two. Ran seems to be getting more and more desperate to get Keiko's romantic attention, while Keiko's doing her best to stay away from it. I think I already mentioned earlier, that Ran will likely turn back to alcohol because of that. Of course it won't happen in an instant, and will likely be presented in a very soft, gradual, and subtext manner. Meanwhile, the theme for the next volume might be at all focused on Keiko's relationship with her parents. We hardly know she's in conflict with her mum, and that needs a resolution. We know nothing at all about her dad.

As for the endings... Depending on the moment the manga will be decided to get cancelled, we might get a yuri or a non-yuri end. And only assuming Akili has a chance to finish it without any forced cancellations, I'd expect 60% yuri vs 40% non-yuri end, as of today. Non-yuri doesn't necessarily mean het - the girls could simply grow out of their current relationship and stay friends. But I expect it to stay in the cloudy (yuri-wise) subtext way as long as the series goes. It's in fact what brings value to the series and makes it different from others.

Rsz_1rsz_1rsz_1girls_from_fate_stay_night
joined Aug 30, 2013

I'm still having a hard time to believe that this is not Yuri. I'm wondering how long this friendship will last?

joined Mar 25, 2013

As for the endings... Depending on the moment the manga will be decided to get cancelled, we might get a yuri or a non-yuri end. And only assuming Akili has a chance to finish it without any forced cancellations, I'd expect 60% yuri vs 40% non-yuri end, as of today. Non-yuri doesn't necessarily mean het - the girls could simply grow out of their current relationship and stay friends. But I expect it to stay in the cloudy (yuri-wise) subtext way as long as the series goes. It's in fact what brings value to the series and makes it different from others.

You don't need to worry about cancellations, it's a web manga. It's not tied to any one publishing company, he/she posts it on her/his site.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

^ It's actually on the publisher website, I don't really know about this stuff but I think he is tied to the publishing company one way or another (probably less than for a printed magazine).

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

I'm still having a hard time to believe that this is not Yuri. I'm wondering how long this friendship will last?

Maybe time for a onesided or a gay crush tag, as yuri crush is reserved for school girls.

joined Mar 25, 2013

^ It's actually on the publisher website, I don't really know about this stuff but I think he is tied to the publishing company one way or another (probably less than for a printed magazine).

Huh. Well that goes to show you that I don't know jack shit about publishers and whatnot xD Though I still don't think we don't have to worry about cancellation. The last time someone posted about the popularity of Stretch it was in the top 3 if not at the top, so yeah.

A358eac338e2ef5b47aafda9b595bf39
joined Feb 8, 2013

You don't need to worry about cancellations, it's a web manga. It's not tied to any one publishing company, he/she posts it on her/his site.

Well, they do printed books as well, which I've bought ;) just two volumes out now. Looking forward to more and yeah having it in web manga form is also nice.

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

Keiko meets boy>They go out>Ran puts on a happy face for Keiko, and cries her eyes out in silence.>Keiko on a date with boy can't get Ran out of her thoughts, comes up with some excuse and leaves> She finds Ran in tears, they confess their love and start making babies
Of course Stretch is not classic yuri. So everything is possible, but a end without yuri is unlikely.

I sorta pegged Ran as someone who's oblivious to most things... kinda like a clueless airhead. She may not even be aware of her own feelings for Keiko. But I can also see that scenario happening. I would especially love it if Keiko impregnates Ran and eventually have 10 babies. I get the feeling that we're gonna be left in the dark at the end as well. Shou might leave us with an ambiguous ending and the rest will be left to the readers' imagination. He might even give us a half-assed ending (like Sisterism, we don't know if those two even ended up together).

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I sorta pegged Ran as someone who's oblivious to most things... kinda like a clueless airhead. She may not even be aware of her own feelings for Keiko. But I can also see that scenario happening. I would especially love it if Keiko impregnates Ran and eventually have 10 babies. I get the feeling that we're gonna be left in the dark at the end as well. Shou might leave us with an ambiguous ending and the rest will be left to the readers' imagination. He might even give us a half-assed ending (like Sisterism, we don't know if those two even ended up together).

To me Ran is more the smart kind kinda manipulative who knows everything but never say it out loud. Those same one who becomes incredibly clumsy and pessimistic when it comes to their own sentimental life. Nozomi came to my mind while writting this x)

if Shou give me this ending, I'll be terribly disappointed... this is so boring and unoriginal >.>
... apart from the babies of course

last edited at Feb 19, 2015 11:01AM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

LOL, I don't worry at all actually. It's just a manga. A really good one, but still just a manga. And it may end up cancelled for multiple reasons, be it Akili's own unwillingness, another tracing incident, readers getting tired, web publisher's business death, third world war, you name it. And if it does get cancelled, i.e. if it does not have an originally planned ending, then I have no clue at all as to how it will end, because at some point the story starts telling itself and it will therefore force Akili to create such ending, that will suit the context of the storyline at that point in time when the show will have to be cancelled. And what I do believe is that Akili's likely to follow this approach and target the story consistency as opposed to following the fan service demands.

Pain
joined Jun 4, 2013

2000+ comments!

last edited at Feb 19, 2015 1:53PM

joined Jan 4, 2014

2000+ comments!

yes now maybe 2006 comments. Everybody loves Stretch.
BTW, I love Shou, Prism seems to have a perfect ending so Stretch should be too.

joined Jan 4, 2014

Aw, page 14, leg betweens tegs! here you go, a wanted scissors position.

To reply you must either login or sign up.