Forum › Stretch discussion

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I think what Ran meant is will there still be a reason left for them to stay connected if the time for them to part ways once again comes I don't know where did you get that boyfriend hint there (though that scenario is possible)

it's probably my mistranslation of かれ道

I think you left out the "分" character, it's read as "分かれ道". let's just wait for boons' translation to confirm it

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

I think what Ran meant is will there still be a reason left for them to stay connected if the time for them to part ways once again comes I don't know where did you get that boyfriend hint there (though that scenario is possible)

it's probably my mistranslation of かれ道

I think you left out the "分" character, it's read as "分かれ道". let's just wait for boons' translation to confirm it

ah, then you're definitely right! still a lot for me to learn in this language ^_^

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I had to double check and make sure that this wasn't the last chapter since I can totally see this would be how the series ends.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Like the a shark just under the water's surface, the yuri is there... lurking. :3

joined Jan 8, 2014

YURI!!!!!!!!!!! lol, :D
Thanks for scantalating

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Hah, might as well just throw Yuri tags there :p
Shou be trolling.

joined Feb 18, 2015

It should at least have a Shoujo Ai tag. It is very clear that Ran leans that way and the Valentine's Day chapter certainly indicated that they share mutual feelings that go beyond friendship. I do wonder at the fact that they had that exchange and just... let it go...

last edited at Feb 18, 2015 9:28PM

joined Oct 13, 2014

sigh...just get together already T-T. or at least confess

joined Feb 18, 2015

hopefully yuri romance soon... oh! come on Shou....

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

We have gotten lots of exposition recently. Previous chapters make sense now, for example chapter 22/22.5, and we can fit them into the story. Hopefully now we can move back into the present and get things rolling.

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

They are practically a couple I guess in some weird way. They both have a M.U.

They're comfortable with each other. They even said it... they're no good without the other.
Putting a label on their relationship might make them uncomfortable.
The two of them are exceptionally vulnerable right now. One wrong move could put a strain on their relationship.
Personally I'd like to have things stay the way they are between them.
But when the time comes they no longer need one another (which I doubt it will), they'll just be happy for each other.
Right now what I'm seeing is pure and selfless love. That's the way it should be.

joined Feb 18, 2015

So both of them already knows a bunch about each other.. I think the upcoming chapters will be focus on what they feel about each other (though it's kind of obvious). I just hope shou won't let us down....

Po
joined Oct 29, 2014

ok im getting lost is this yuri or friends or what are they because i mean......a kiss won't kill anybody you know im just saying

joined Jan 30, 2015

Like the a shark just under the water's surface, the yuri is there... lurking. :3

Does this mean you're more likely to die from yuri than getting struck by lightning?

It should at least have a Shoujo Ai tag. It is very clear that Ran leans that way and the Valentine's Day chapter certainly indicated that they share mutual feelings that go beyond friendship. I do wonder at the fact that they had that exchange and just... let it go...

I think it's partially the format, but it's also the way the characters are written. I hope I can remember things clearly, I don't feel like re-reading every bit for an impromptu analysis of the story:

Through they express it in different ways, neither of the main characters are the best with romantic relationships, or properly expressing their feelings.

Summaries: Keiko n' Ran fear their past experiences, and losing their present comfort-zone.

_

Keiko wades through unhappy bonds (family, exes), bottles up her emotions, and sorta puts off the idea of serious attachments for the future. While she has engaged in horseplay and sees Ran as attractive, she doesn't seem used to the idea of Ran as a possible lover. She has grown to known her as an eccentric and very close friend, not as someone she wanted to ask out on dates.

It should also be considered that she has only had heterosexual relationships before, and she seems unhappy with the intense reliance and sharp break-ups she had with her previous lovers (including the tragic one with her finance.)

Seeing Ran romantically, rather than in a familial way, could seem challenging to her; as something that could upset this relatively stable, happy, predictable period of her life. She could be afraid that Ran would become like her boyfriends, something that's lost in the past.

_

While Ran is more straightforward in her goals, she's also a bit messed up. While she has a long-term attraction to Keiko (it's interesting to see her previous antics as less "joking" and more "testing the waters"), it was difficult for her to work her way up to a very sanitized, very high-schoolerish way of confessing her feelings. Which might be noted as a call-back, as she sorta fell back into Keiko's life after they said goodbyes in high school, and she at least admired her in a platonic manner then.

Even after the confession, she and Keiko are in this strange border state, where they are still friends and roommates that gently test boundaries, doing small things like holding hands.

And there's other elements, like her alcoholic tendencies. But really, the main thing is that she's gregarious while being a bit hesitant and closed-off at heart. Which, I guess might be partially due to both the dead dad (people can just die, no matter how much you love them) and partially the general adult life thing (sometimes, you can just fall out of someone's orbit and lose contact.) She could be afraid of working for a lost cause.
_

I apologize for the wall of text and over-analysis of characters I'm a fan of. Is this the feeling some nerds describe as "yuri hell"?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Well now is a greeeeeaaat time to start reading from the beggining...! I sense a lots of "Oh!" coming with all the answers this chapter gave me, also... They need each others so much, please Shou... Let it happen..

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

The last page made me really sad
No one should live without booze

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Does this mean you're more likely to die from yuri than getting struck by lightning?

No, it means she's more scared of you than you are if her.

joined Jan 30, 2015

God, sexuality is confusing, and possibly lives in the ocean. I'm trying to get to the bottom of this mystery, but I just keep getting more questions than answers.

Japanese_eraser_cow_purple_large
joined Nov 5, 2011

I had to double check and make sure that this wasn't the last chapter since I can totally see this would be how the series ends.

heh. there have been several chapters that i thought was the last. the authors gonna wring this manga dry.

on a serious note though, i predict another 30 or so chapters of bs 'til we get into the juicy yuri romance of the manga.

last edited at Feb 18, 2015 11:14PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

God, sexuality is confusing, and possibly lives in the ocean. I'm trying to get to the bottom of this mystery, but I just keep getting more questions than answers.

Of course being a water creature, yuri may also be poisonous. Especially the Australian version.

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

Sexuality is fluid. You just go with da flo'.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Kind of sad this is a flashback.

For a moment there I thought they were advancing on their not-relationship.

Ioruu%20dr
joined Jul 13, 2014

Make this yuri already dammit! [n]

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Of course being a water creature, yuri may also be poisonous. Especially the Australian version.

But if it's Australian it's also, like, 50x bigger than what most people expect it to be.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

God. Well Ran dropped the line that's gonna get this ball rollin'...maybe a sign Ran will eventually admit she's fallin' in lesbians with the other

To reply you must either login or sign up.