Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

FluffyCow posted:

It was a nice resolution, but...

But you've now got a strong desire to sing "You've Got A Friend In Me" at Karaoke?

But it feels like it'll end before it goes anywhere. But yes, the karaoke part is correct too. Haven't been before though, hope that's okay.

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

Girlfriend? Girl friend.

Kimika3
joined Jan 1, 2019

But you've now got a strong desire to sing "You've Got A Friend In Me" at Karaoke?

Seems like there should be a more rockin' ode to friendship but I can't think of anything.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Is this like, a "you haven't heard Shakespeare until you've seen Hamlet in the original Klingon" thing?

Pretty much. Though that Star Trek kinda sucked overall.

WE CAN NEVER BE FRIENDS.

(I'm kidding)

I wonder if they'll go to a concert on a date... seems like they kinda have to.

Yeah, I'm wondering how far the author wants to pull this out. I'm kinda hoping that now that they're past the initial misunderstanding, we get an arc building up their romantic connection. I know a bunch of people were hoping to dive straight in, but I think asking to be friends first was the right move.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Seems like there should be a more rockin' ode to friendship but I can't think of anything.

Friends will be friends, Queen, 1986.
(I'm sure there's a grungier option too, but Queen dominates like 30% of my musical brainspace.)

last edited at Oct 30, 2022 10:29PM

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Just friends....
Fuuuuuuuuucccckkkkkk....

joined Aug 8, 2020

Just friends....
Fuuuuuuuuucccckkkkkk....

For now...

Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

ok that was a really gay way to friendzone someone... and a really gay way to react to being friend-zoned...

edit: jokes aside, im really happy the author has officially established that they will not be pushed around by angry gay people online. i mean, if you don't see how this development is actually 100% better than a full fledged relationship then i hate to tell ya but this manga isn't for you. you are pushing so hard for the destination that you're completely missing the ride~

I really, really hope this doesn't end just yet. I feel like a door has been opened to another 30 chapters of content before the girls' inevitably get together. if the author is actually committed, this is going to be the slowest of slow burns and and I'm so freakin READY FOR IT.

last edited at Oct 31, 2022 12:18AM

Kimika3
joined Jan 1, 2019

(I'm sure there's a grungier option too, but Queen dominates like 30% of my musical brainspace.)

That's the thing I don't think a grungier option really exists. I guess the White Stripes "We're Going To Be Friends" is easy to play/sing if nothing else.

816lwpeqwgl._ac_uf894,1000_ql80_
joined Sep 22, 2021

Friendzone huh…

Pfp2%20(3)
joined Apr 26, 2022

That's the thing I don't think a grungier option really exists. I guess the White Stripes "We're Going To Be Friends" is easy to play/sing if nothing else.

what about "hollow" by pantera

joined Nov 16, 2021

only friend!?

Cdc4f8204600edbf52fb0f34f39b246a~2
joined Jun 27, 2018

No need to rush, friends is good for now.

Kimika3
joined Jan 1, 2019

what about "hollow" by pantera

I'm excluding songs about dead (or comatose) friends but there's probably nothing more grunge than Say Hello to Heaven in that regard.

last edited at Oct 31, 2022 12:27AM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

didn't realize the buildup to becoming friends was this thrillling

i've definitely been doing it wrong my whole life then ? ? ?

last edited at Oct 31, 2022 1:44AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Radiohead is cool and all but it doesn't compare to the original Prince version of Creep - https://youtu.be/42-RBnhiYkA

I feel like one of them is due for a makeover and I'm not sure which. Let's see how this "friendship" goes...

Is this like, a "you haven't heard Shakespeare until you've seen Hamlet in the original Klingon" thing?

The Elcor version is still the superior one, though.

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

they're just a couple of friends...for now

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

I feel like Mitsuki would be singing "Fragile Friend" if they're doing Radiohead. The lyrics feel fairly appropriate to the situation between them

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

they're just a couple of friends...for now

couple of roommates

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

Has the author mentioned at all how long they expect the series to be? I could actually see it ending soonish with them being friends and not getting into a full romance.

I would personally find that an extremely unsatisfying ending.

I wouldn't worry about it. The author's twitter art is riddled with unambiguous lesbianism.

That's what we like to hear

Brook
joined Jun 7, 2016

So we have reached the level of Gal Pals.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Now that they're friends, they can apply for benefits.

Illustration13111
joined Jun 29, 2022

"Radiohead"

YEP
CREEP

2232-2
joined Nov 13, 2017

Also, gonna put a better song for her to play instead of something from Radiohead (oh yeah, I said it).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFsuHFwEeqM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I'm fine with the friendship thing as long as it's just a step and not the end :p

Considering their relationship this far, it make sense for them to start by resolving the immediate issue and take it slow rather than just rushing into things. Remember that Oosawa was feeling kinda "betrayed" by Mitsuki the past few days (or weeks ?)

To reply you must either login or sign up.