Forum › Miss Sunflower discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Nice to see Machida-san keeping the ship strong 88 chapters later. I really like the increased use of wordless parallels in the last few volumes. Probably my fav extra so far, they're always so cute.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

They're approved by a local cute granny, so I guess that's good enough for me.

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

So did the original Ms. Sunflower dye her hair, or did it change color because of her illness?

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

This chapter was so cute, but the reminiscing about the former Ms. Sunflower and Yuu being able to appear without an angst tag is sure some development.

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

I'm surprised Miss Sunflower knows the word 'siscon'.

She does read a lot, after all.

Well, what is she reading, though?

Miss Sunflower is an introvert with an old-fashioned style, but she’s not a hermit. She went to high school. Ayame, for example, could have explained “siscon” to her at any time.

Ms Sunflower: Say, what's a siscon?
Ayame: Well...
Kaoru: [walks in]
Ayame: That is.
Ms Sunflower: I see.
Kaoru: What.

joined May 24, 2014

Shiori, huh

Img_20201022_045044
joined Oct 24, 2018

Dammit. It ended for real this time.
107 chapters, and we finally know Miss Sunflower's real name. Matsuri visited the previous Miss Sunflower's grave, and a whole page of Shiori saw Miss Sunflower smiling kindly. What a perfect ending for this wholesome journey (if only there was a scene where Shiori said she liked Matsuri back, I wouldn't have any regrets)

We still don't know Nii-san's real name tho...

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

And here it is, the end. I really loved this story, so me saying what I'm about to say isn't me disliking it. But I really wouldn't mind something more firm at the end. I know, I know. They're basically married by now. I'm fine with how it was presented till the end because that's the kind of story this was. But just a little bit thrown our way at the end wouldn't hurt. Greed is part of human nature, or so they say. Regardless, the only REAL thing I'm disappointed with is that it's already done. What a fun journey this was. I enjoyed it, some bits more than others, but overall from start to finish I had a blast. I'll prolly revisit this story from time to time in the future.

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Is Ms Sunflower. Is weak to the sun. That's funny.
And she went and invited Matsuri to live with her. Guess that's about as close to a proper I love you we're getting.
And we got her name, people!

Boy, oh, boy, a decade's worth of precious memories just came to a close. Thanks to the scanlation teams, that brought this beautiful manga to this side of the world. Thanks to Sugano Manami for creating it. Thanks to our fellow readers for their comments and discussions. Thanks yo our mods for keeping it civil.

See you later, everyone.

joined Mar 28, 2021

Leaving these wonderful characters to their imaginary world is sad. I hate to say goodbye to a cherished family even if I can come back any time and see them growing in love, friendship and grace in my mind’s eye.
Thank you to Sugano-Sensei for this masterpiece, and to the scanlators for bringing this unique slice of life to us.
(I do hope Shiori, Matsuri and all these lovely people will come back though.)

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

*slams desk*
AND THEY WERE ROOMMATES

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

Tears up when she revealed her name, and definitely crying when she propose to Matsuri about living together... Such a blessing ending for this masterpiece that followed us for years. Hoping to see Manami Sugano again in the future and for many works.

Aoi
joined Jul 1, 2014

I'm honestly disappointed, it just feels I waited years for almost nothing, we didn't even get a chapter of them just hanging out without anyone interrupting them.

Cute name tho.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

About what could be expected. Overall nice, certainly the kind of manga that grows on you over time. Might be interesting to read it in one go now that it's entirely done, but I don't think that'd do too much for me.

Wonder whether some other "older" yuri manga are still on somebody's completion list? Kinda makes you wonder what's out there, or what you started reading at various points and kinda forget about since people stopped scanlating ^^;

TheEternalShade
20230425_150259
joined Aug 25, 2021

An era has finally come to a close, and I'm just not ready for it. T_T

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

And here it is, the end. I really loved this story, so me saying what I'm about to say isn't me disliking it. But I really wouldn't mind something more firm at the end. I know, I know. They're basically married by now. I'm fine with how it was presented till the end because that's the kind of story this was. But just a little bit thrown our way at the end wouldn't hurt. Greed is part of human nature, or so they say. Regardless, the only REAL thing I'm disappointed with is that it's already done. What a fun journey this was. I enjoyed it, some bits more than others, but overall from start to finish I had a blast. I'll prolly revisit this story from time to time in the future.

I'd say that my level of greed is just about the same as yours. This series was exceptionally great--one of my all-time favorites. It started out being fun and charming, and then it got better and better.

And we know beyond all doubt that they're as "together" for the long haul as any two people are going to be. But my greedy monster is wistful for a Miss-Sunflower-initiated hug or just a little more something.

Monsters don't always get what they want, though.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

honestly I'm very happy with this and you can say like "oh but they didn't even kiss or oh they didn't even confess in no uncertain terms" but like. Why should things like that be the end all be all signifier of a relationship when this entire story has revolved around Matsuri and Shiori's relationship to one another.

And like sure we don't get the no uncertain terms "I love you Matsuri" from Shiori but we sure as hell do get an assload of romantic symbolism putting their relationship on equal terms as the original miss sunflower grandma and grandpa on top of which they're living together and everyone around them agrees they've changed each others lives for the better. So like even without a kiss or grand confession this the gayest shit imaginable and has been the entire way through.

I'm sad to see this end but I'm also looking forward to whatever else this author decides to make in the future.

last edited at Oct 30, 2022 1:35PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

A lovely ending, and we do get them moving together after all. ^_^

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So like even without a kiss or grand confession this the gayest shit imaginable

Totally agreed.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Roommate ending

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

A lovely wholesome ending for a lovely wholesome series.
Thanks to everyone who brought this to us, and especially the author.
Can't wait to see what we get next from them!

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Oh my god they were roommates

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Nnnooo it's over! I cried. It was really nice to see ponytail Matsuri at the end. And the flower girl one last time. And to get her name. The fidgeting after her "proposal" was great, too. Matsuri changed a lot throughout the story. Did Shiori, too? I'm not sure, but it was wonderful nonetheless.

Thumb-128070
joined May 3, 2022

I just removed 70% of my body through crying, thank you for this wonderful series.

joined Jul 22, 2020

Can't believe it's over, this is the series that made me start reading Yuri/Shoujo ai, I love this characters so much that it's a little bittersweet to think that there won't be anymore but I only have love for this story. Miss sunflower made me laugh and cry till the very end ❤️

To reply you must either login or sign up.