Forum › Worrying About Her Niece Who’s Working Hard at Her Part-Time Job. discussion

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Sorry but I just hate this author mangas hahaha they're too empty and extremely fast-paced it's impossible to connect with anything

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

17hunter00 posted:

Sorry but I just hate this author mangas hahaha they're too empty and extremely fast-paced it's impossible to connect with anything

You'll notice they're almost all 4 pages.

It's obvious it's short twitter stuff, without much meaning, but always with a happy end.

last edited at Oct 27, 2022 3:52PM

Img_5033%204
joined Jan 18, 2021

What they always have is an attempt at pure positivity. They’re very sweet and make no bones about it.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I have several questions!

ZippyZapmeister
Yatsude_!
joined Jan 13, 2019

I dont think there's meant to be any deep connections or anything, it's just cute fluffy stories to consume in a snap. Nothing wrong with that but I guess it's not to everybody's taste

joined Jul 23, 2014

Cute

joined Jul 26, 2016

It definitely wrapped up too abruptly, but it's fine for what it is.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

She really was cute as hell in that Chinese dress I get why her aunt loves her.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I'm enjoying this author's short and sweet stories :)

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

u really shouldnt use a strong word like hate for something as undeserving of it as this manga. its bad for your mental health longterm. ull train your brain to think in hate.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Awww. Cute!

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

pffffff

Watashi,%20apathetic%20(600x600)%20a
joined Jul 30, 2015

u really shouldnt use a strong word like hate for something as undeserving of it as this manga. its bad for your mental health longterm. ull train your brain to think in hate.

Can confirm, years later and I'm still struggling to fix my brain. Do not recommend.

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

"Dislike" then, you're right about the hate thing, I just wrote it fast and hate was a bit too harsh bc I don't hate it, it just is not enjoyable for me

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Thats a pretty young aunt

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Can confirm, years later and I'm still struggling to fix my brain. Do not recommend.

Yeah hate is definitely exhausting, I'm always surprised by how much energy people have for it.

As someone who has wild age diversity in their family I guess it doesn't phase me haha

joined Apr 27, 2017

Everything being magically resolved in the last page does sort of leave a bad taste in my mouth. It seems kind of pointless to build up the tension of "oh no, I fell in love with my niece, what should I do, how does she feel about me, is there something wrong with me, is our relationship going to survive or fail and it'll be my fault" and then just completely resolve it into nothingness.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

This reminds me of a funny conversation I had at work the other day. People seem to always think of an uncle or aunt as just being older by default, but that's not always the case. I straight up broke a coworker's mind when I told him that I have an uncle that's younger than I am.

Avtest
joined Jan 13, 2020

seems kind of pointless to build up the tension of "oh no, I fell in love with my niece, what should I do, how does she feel about me, is there something wrong with me, is our relationship going to survive or fail and it'll be my fault"

... where did this happen, exactly?

joined Mar 25, 2021

This reminds me of a funny conversation I had at work the other day. People seem to always think of an uncle or aunt as just being older by default, but that's not always the case. I straight up broke a coworker's mind when I told him that I have an uncle that's younger than I am.

Sometimes grandparents still have the drive in them kicking I guess

joined Mar 25, 2021

Everything being magically resolved in the last page does sort of leave a bad taste in my mouth. It seems kind of pointless to build up the tension of "oh no, I fell in love with my niece, what should I do, how does she feel about me, is there something wrong with me, is our relationship going to survive or fail and it'll be my fault" and then just completely resolve it into nothingness.

No idea where you got these ideas..
But where exactly was it said that the aunt has only realized now that she was in love with her niece, or worry about the functionality of their relationship?

To me, this short story has implied that their relationship has been like this for quite a while, it's literally said in the last page that they've been living together for five years. It's clearly just the aunt being paranoid..

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

No idea where you got these ideas..
But where exactly was it said that the aunt has only realized now that she was in love with her niece, or worry about the functionality of their relationship?

To me, this short story has implied that their relationship has been like this for quite a while, it's literally said in the last page that they've been living together for five years. It's clearly just the aunt being paranoid..

Yes, a good example of the perennial Dynasty reaction of “If this were a real-life relationship where the aunt was that worried even though they’ve been living together for five years it would be a toxic relationship where the aunt needs deep psychological counseling” vs. “the aunt’s reaction is cute and funny because it’s the punchline to a short gag manga.”

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

The author really pressed the little red button on the Men In Black car on that last page.

LackLustre09721
joined Apr 26, 2022

Bruh

LackLustre09721
joined Apr 26, 2022

Home sweet home, Alabama.

To reply you must either login or sign up.