Forum › Sakura Trick discussion

8a9
joined Feb 7, 2018

Same situation as Soren here, watched the anime when it aired and found it to be pretty mediocre but nice to see that they have had some progress in the meantime lol

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I'm a filthy casual who watched the anime in 2014 but I jumped straight into this extra chapter. Well, good to know they progressed after all this time. XD

Pretty much the same here. Thinking about it, it's kinda amusing, since the anime was pretty much my gateway into yuri, and a major reason I was drawn to yuri if nothing else, but I haven't gotten around to reading anything but the extras. Wouldn't say either of us is a filthy casual though, lol.

I'm a fan of these random-ass chapters coming out. Hoping to see more of those.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I love that we still get the odd extra chapter, and that they show us them in ways they couldnt in the series :)

I wonder if their familes know they are a couple yet? It's never mentioned telling them right?

last edited at Oct 23, 2022 7:49AM

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

At this point we really should get a sakura trick+

1000% yes please.

Unnamed
joined Sep 11, 2019

From don't know what kind of relationship they have to go to love hotels...*sigh this is character development ladies and gentleman :)

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Their dynamic used to be "Yuu: I don't know what's going on Haruka but you're embarrassing me." but also "Haruka: No! I told you, you can't touch them [her breasts]." So Yuu's "I'm an innocent grade-schooler airhead maiden" routine was half false. Haruka could have been having sex with Yuu in their first year of high school, even. Anyway, apparently at some point Haruka said her breasts were no longer off limits.

joined Jul 31, 2013

Shouts out to lazylily for keeping updating this for years now. Thank you!

joined Sep 13, 2018

what im still scared about is: wtf happend to sumisumi? did the get a couple? did she manage to be happy like the rest?
To me it seems like she was the only one without a confirmed partner

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

what im still scared about is: wtf happend to sumisumi? did the get a couple? did she manage to be happy like the rest?

I never fully got why the "desu" thing was seen as hyperformal and her verbal tick. Is it as simp[le as adding desu to "shoganai" or "shikata ga nai" etc? Maybe it's that she always puts a desu. Someone says kyo no tenki wa? and she always says "Atsui desu" instead of "atsui?" It's not as obvious as Eli's khorosho or Nico's nico or Rin's nyan or Kunikida Hanamaru's zuru. Or Marisa's za. Or whatever Momo's verbal tic was that ended up being rendered as "D00d!"

It's grammatical to add desu at the end if you wish, and it's not exactly keigo.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Hmmm . . . the latest is posted up as "Ch. 3" but it isn't. I believe it's vol 3 ch 21.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Hmmm . . . the latest is posted up as "Ch. 3" but it isn't. I believe it's vol 3 ch 21.

it trips me every time as well but they just reset chapters for every volume

sanshouowo Uploader
Output-onlinepngtools(4)
Homusaki Shikibu
joined Jul 10, 2021

kiss kiss fall in love <3

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Mitsuki's paranoia is sure getting out of hand... :D

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I never fully got why the "desu" thing was seen as hyperformal and her verbal tick. Is it as simp[le as adding desu to "shoganai" or "shikata ga nai" etc? Maybe it's that she always puts a desu. Someone says kyo no tenki wa? and she always says "Atsui desu" instead of "atsui?" It's not as obvious as Eli's khorosho or Nico's nico or Rin's nyan or Kunikida Hanamaru's zuru. Or Marisa's za. Or whatever Momo's verbal tic was that ended up being rendered as "D00d!"

It's grammatical to add desu at the end if you wish, and it's not exactly keigo.

So I almost got it right What she actually does is use the perfectly ordinary but a bit teacher-y "no desu" all the time. So she would say "It's hot" as "Atsui no desu." which is translated in subtitles and scanlations as "It's indeed hot." So the others are teasing her for sounding teacher-y. And in general, while she doesn't quite use keigo, she does use old-fashioned words, and rarely uses slangy words. for instance, she never says "'n desu" always "no desu."

She didn't appear until Episode 11 and i didn't notice her language being weird or anything. High school girls are quick to pick up on small things, is my verdict. Also, SumiSumiKaichou gets no respect.

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Some chapter in vol 3 is missing

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Because they're not translated yet.

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

Because they're not translated yet.

It's been some time since last time I read this complaint.
I wonder if it's somebody reading ST for the first time? Lucky them.

Dy
joined Dec 26, 2011

So I almost got it right What she actually does is use the perfectly ordinary but a bit teacher-y "no desu" all the time.

Sumi uses "no ja"

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That's a lot of "accidents"... :D

And what a gorgeous spread... ^_^

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

So I almost got it right What she actually does is use the perfectly ordinary but a bit teacher-y "no desu" all the time.

Sumi uses "no ja"

Thanks, is that even quirkier, since ja is usually a substitute for dewa? I thought for sure I heard her say no desu also. (on looking it up, it seems like quite old people and especially people around Hiroshima use it).

last edited at Apr 4, 2023 9:22PM

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Sister Act 3...some.

last edited at Jun 26, 2023 11:26AM

Lazy_Lily_SHiN Uploader
Aoi-face-template-copy
Lazy Lily
joined Feb 28, 2015

Sakura Trick manga FULLY translated from start to finish. Ignore the chapter markings in the credits pages for volume 3, chapters 8-10 though.

Oh and has anyone have a spare key for Armored Core 6 PC? :3

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Sakura Trick manga FULLY translated from start to finish. Ignore the chapter markings in the credits pages for volume 3, chapters 8-10 though.

Oh and has anyone have a spare key for Armored Core 6 PC? :3

applauding
thank you very much! and a big thanks to the those from the past to now on completing this 10 year journey. we <3 you for this!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Finally we can start reading all the chapters that have been out for years! \o/

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

I discovered Sakura Trick by chance over five years ago through a SiIvaGunner rip that used the anime's OP as its melody. It was the first encounter I'd ever had with the yuri genre, and it's no exaggeration to say that it completely changed the course of my life. I didn't know a word of Japanese back then, but the yuri genre played a major role in motivating me to stick to my studies and develop my skills as a translator. Now, I have the incredible honor of providing translations for high-profile yuri works, and I've begun to break into the industry as a professional translator as well. I owe so much to this legendary manga, and I quite literally would not be where I am today without it. Thank you, Sakura Trick, from the bottom of my heart.

To reply you must either login or sign up.