Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

joined Dec 30, 2018

I feel the story is a bit cringy/cliché now

This is the most unique series that's weekly updated that we got recently

Dunno what you on

664cf739-1617-40c1-9f8a-ab01b71652f9%202
joined Sep 28, 2021

I get that the whole grand music gesture is clichéd, but I wouldn’t go so far as to call it cringey.

The running theme throughout this entire series thus far is the fact that music plays a huge part in Aya and Mitsuki’s communication. It actually makes sense for the grand gesture to be (if we are heading there) to be Mitsuki playing for Aya, especially if it’s going to be an original song because it’ll tie in to the whole Finally Mitsuki is Going to be Honest About The Way She Feels.

If this arc (hopefully it’s an arc and it’ll have a continuation past this point) ends with Mitsuki and Aya’s repairing their “relationship” / striking a friendship at the end of the school festival, I won’t be mad. In fact, it would be less genuine for them to go from this point of their relationship and and the current conflict into romance after the grand gesture.

It’s not wise to start a romantic relationship when it’s preceded by deceit that culminates to one of the parties being genuinely hurt by the deception.

So, yeah.

Arai Sumiko is single-handed my fueling my will to live. I hope she continues writing Aya and Mitsuki’s story because it’d be nice to have another few chapters worth of an arc of them working in their friendship and then having that arc culminating into the start of an actual romantic relationship ,, and so forth. It’d just be nice to have these compiled in volumes of manga where each volume explores a new stage in their relationship

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Thanks for pointing that out- I kinda forgot music isnt just ancillary (like the cd shop) - but its core to both characters, and what the were bonding over- so it doubly makes sense to use music to get through to Aya in a way she will know how much it meant to Mitsuki too.

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

U CAN DO IT!!!! rooting for MC

smellsliketeenspirit
Screen%20shot%202022-07-04%20at%206.37.52%20pm
joined May 29, 2022

Sumiko, if you are reading this: I love your manga. Please never stop. <3

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Jan 2, 2022

Glad to see that we're getting a song, although at the same time the "I don't know how to apologize" excuse and the running away from just talking it out are a bit silly, especially considering that they never had a real fight and the reason they have grown apart is a bit flimsy.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Cliche would be if jerkface becomes a pilot of a transforming fighter plane while Mitsuki's music is militarized in some new way not yet used by existing Macross shows and there's a love triangle.

last edited at Oct 16, 2022 6:37PM

joined Sep 30, 2022

Aya is starting to annoy me tbh. Crazy how it's making me ship fuckboi with Koga now because of that.

Honestly tho, what Mitsuki did was fucked up. If I were Aya, I’d be so humiliated and angry. Like this WHOLE time the ‘guy’ I’ve been gushing and embarrassing myself over and spending my Sundays visiting is the girl sitting next to me. Same girl heard and knew everything but didn’t say a word to me. Even if she was afraid, how long would she let this go on for? God I feel bad for Aya. Mitsuki knows she knows and she should say sorry. Like grow a pair and own up to it, she’s been the only one lying in their relationship so take responsibility.

joined Sep 30, 2022

Narita should be a lesson for the readers in forming hasty impressions of people.

Yo I love that guy, but he literally tried to use Mitsuki for her homework and said she wasn’t as smart as she looked

joined Mar 4, 2019

Our girl bout a pull “I love you bitch, I ain’t ever gonna stop loving you. Bitch”

joined Jan 14, 2020

Uncle doing accidental kabedon on jerkface.

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

I feel the story is a bit cringy/cliché now

Ohhh yeah

Honestly tho, what Mitsuki did was fucked up. If I were Aya, I’d be so humiliated and angry. Like this WHOLE time the ‘guy’ I’ve been gushing and embarrassing myself over and spending my Sundays visiting is the girl sitting next to me. Same girl heard and knew everything but didn’t say a word to me. Even if she was afraid, how long would she let this go on for? God I feel bad for Aya. Mitsuki knows she knows and she should say sorry. Like grow a pair and own up to it, she’s been the only one lying in their relationship so take responsibility.

Yes, daily small acts beats a grand gesture. I get she is a teenager, but it never occurred to her how would Aya feel by finding this out? I don't care about Mitsuki's tears.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^^I dont think it counts as kabedon when its threatening like that lol

last edited at Oct 16, 2022 10:40PM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Threatening with a good time? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

That is absolutely some peoples' fetish.

smellsliketeenspirit
joined May 29, 2022

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

joined Sep 1, 2017

Our girl bout a pull “I love you bitch, I ain’t ever gonna stop loving you. Bitch”

Literally read it as it sounds which is hilarious af. I hope mc actually manages to get her point across.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

me likey ( ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡° )

last edited at Oct 17, 2022 8:35PM

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

oh boy, the stage is about to be set and everybody's here for it.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Uncle doing accidental kabedon on jerkface.

Not accidental. This is Yaoi now

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I'm confused on who she was texting and what she was texting on the last page

Tumblr_pt8ll4hf781saqlhvo1_500
joined Mar 12, 2018

I think it's someone who's helping her perform in a live-house.

smellsliketeenspirit
joined May 29, 2022

But I thought she didn't have any friends?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

smellsliketeenspirit posted:

I think there's a timeskip between page 3 and 4: she changed top in the meantime. Which means the one texting her must be her uncle, who probably asked to the owner of a venue if she could play there.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

smellsliketeenspirit posted:

I think there's a timeskip between page 3 and 4: she changed top in the meantime. Which means the one texting her must be her uncle, who probably asked to the owner of a venue if she could play there.

Nice one. Didn’t notice that.
She could also be contacting the venue owner herself. You don’t have to be friends with someone to request something, specially if her uncle is friends with these people (given that he received show tickets on chapter 6, I take it that some of the store’s clients are connected to live houses)

To reply you must either login or sign up.