Forum › My Dear Lass discussion

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

^^if they are, that's quite the reach. I made a joke about the homophobia theme showing up, like it does in most queer fiction I've read. My reaction to this chapter was "oh, there it is" and I wanted to share that

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I never tasted a peach pie with fresh peach, just those deserts with canned peach.

Sounds like a good time to buy a baking book and pick up some ingredients. If you've got a good farmers market with fresh peaches near you that would probably be ideal as well.

^^if they are, that's quite the reach. I made a joke about the homophobia theme showing up, like it does in most queer fiction I've read. My reaction to this chapter was "oh, there it is" and I wanted to share that

Right! It's totally possible that person is just having a bad day and misinterpreted whichever post(s) they saw. If that's the case, I hope they feel better soon.

I never tasted a peach pie with fresh peach, just those deserts with canned peach.

Sounds like a good time to buy a baking book and pick up some ingredients. If you've got a good farmers market with fresh peaches near you that would probably be ideal as well.

Seconding the farmer's market for some great, fresh fruit!! Don't be intimidated, pie crusts are very doable, I've made some myself! You don't even need a whole cookbook, just DDG some casual recipes on the interwebs. Typing in things like "healthy, few ingredient peach pie" will get you more recipes than you originally bargained for.

It'd be really cool if Hu-Sensei could hit us with some recipes of her own too!!

joined Sep 27, 2017

Right! It's totally possible that person is just having a bad day and misinterpreted whichever post(s) they saw. If that's the case, I hope they feel better soon.

Seconding the farmer's market for some great, fresh fruit!! Don't be intimidated, pie crusts are very doable, I've made some myself! You don't even need a whole cookbook, just DDG some casual recipes on the interwebs. Typing in things like "healthy, few ingredient peach pie" will get you more recipes than you originally bargained for.

It'd be really cool if Hu-Sensei could hit us with some recipes of her own too!!

Yeah looking up recipes is a good idea, I've done it before but it slipped my mind because whenever I think of recipes I think of a physical book probably due to how I grew up haha

Yeah looking up recipes is a good idea, I've done it before but it slipped my mind because whenever I think of recipes I think of a physical book probably due to how I grew up haha

I got so inspired by our thread last night that I went out and found this recipe for a mini peach pie in an oui jar (friggin love those things, they allow me to safely portion out desserts without triggering my GI disorder): https://wakethewolves.com/healthy-peach-pie/ Very few ingredients and it can be made in my airfryer, so no big drag on electricity either!

joined Sep 27, 2017

I got so inspired by our thread last night that I went out and found this recipe for a mini peach pie in an oui jar (friggin love those things, they allow me to safely portion out desserts without triggering my GI disorder): https://wakethewolves.com/healthy-peach-pie/ Very few ingredients and it can be made in my airfryer, so no big drag on electricity either!

Nice, it looks tasty and thanks for the link!

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Coconut sugar? Oh, that caught my interest. I'm definitely making this!

Nice, it looks tasty and thanks for the link!

Coconut sugar? Oh, that caught my interest. I'm definitely making this!

Glad to be of help! Yuri baking club, woo!!

Imgonline-com-ua-resize-vwt1kupzlnws
joined Jul 8, 2018

I absolutely adore this story so far!

joined Sep 2, 2018

I always read the title in Sean Connery's voice, and I wish I could share that curse with the rest of you.

That said, I'm really into this story. Both main characters have traits I can relate to and I just want to smush them together and make them kiss.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I always read the title in Sean Connery's voice, and I wish I could share that curse with the rest of you.

Appreciated.

I absolutely adore this story so far!

Right?! Gush about it with me! I flippin wish the author was here too (she's on twitter, but I don't have an account, so I can't tell her that I love all her posts that I see from the Fritter app, ugh)!!

Let's not let the nay-sayers and derailers eat at our precious place. The only dérailleur I want to talk about is the one on Mu's bike in Ch 1! Love my scooter and bike lesbians~

last edited at Oct 12, 2022 9:09PM by OrangePekoe

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Just heartache this time.

joined Apr 16, 2022

I like how this manhua manages to show that Xiaoen is very good at her job without needing other characters to constantly comment on it. She'll need those people skills to break through to Xingyuan lol.

I am intrigued by the nail artist!!

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

You think of the girl and right away she shows up with flowers in her hair. It's called a sign, Xingyuan, a SIGN!

joined Nov 30, 2011

I like how this manhua manages to show that Xiaoen is very good at her job without needing other characters to constantly comment on it. She'll need those people skills to break through to Xingyuan lol.

Same here! It's a nice change of pace where you get to actually see her running the farm and supporting the community.

It's like a reverse, "hate the player but don't hate the game," instead of, "hate the player but don't hate the game" that the local community seems to take with her (but not so much hate as in friendly teasing imho.

joined Sep 27, 2017

"Again", so she already has issues with being accepted by her family? Sounds like they have something in common.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

One of the things that I think is interesting about the art style is how splotchy it makes the skin look. It's a neat effect that sometimes looks pretty and sometimes looks a little unattractive, but either way I kind of like it? Skin tone is often not just one pure color on people, so it's neat to see that reflected almost by accident.

joined Apr 6, 2019

Just heartache this time.

Why do you say that? Xiaoen is looking forward to the fair, hoping for a date with Xingyuan and happier than a chubby kid in a candy shop. Xingyuan is thinking about settling in the town to become closer to Xiaoen and at the same time getting cold feet about it... which is normal for somebody with her emotional baggage, but I'm certain she will make the right choices in the end. No need for angst, at least for now.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Fairypixie24 posted:

@Purple Library Guy, they're talking about the person who called "neurodivergent" a slur and compared it to the yellow star, not you.

Cogito, enough with the yellow star. Enough. Moderator OrangePekoe said in the strongest possible manner that you and all commenters involved in that scuffle should shut up, so shut up. The argument is over. We don't care if you want to speak for it or against it, shut up and don't bring it up again. Don't reply to this message either, thank you.

I'd appreciate if you didn't speak for me, especially not in this manner. I hardly found Cogito's clarification out-of-bounds, or more problematic than the conversation that preceded it.

Mod Stuff

I'll be removing any posts after this one which are not discussing this manhua, My Dear Lass. Feel free to go to the Cafe if you must continue. Thanks.

Edit: The previous exception made for certain off-topic posts has been removed. All future off-topic posts will follow the above.

last edited at Oct 12, 2022 9:14PM

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

augh this chapter was so awkwarddddd I want them to talk more

Don't give up Xiaoen, go get your girl!!

Avatar%20tartuffe%20clipboard01b
joined Sep 20, 2022

Xingyuan is thinking about settling in the town to become closer to Xiaoen and at the same time getting cold feet about it... which is normal for somebody with her emotional baggage, but I'm certain she will make the right choices in the end.

You, sir, are a sunny-hearted optimist. :/

joined Apr 16, 2022

I don't think Xingyuan is even considering settling down permanently yet. She was just thinking of sticking around longer than usual because of her crush on Xiaoen before her trauma came back.

To reply you must either login or sign up.